The Commentating Team

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who are going to be the commentators for the WC? From the little I saw of the Aus-Ind game, I know about Bhogle, Manjreykar and Chappell. But what about the others?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I'm glad I won't be watching every match then :( I guess the same guys will be recycled for the IPL after that. I don't think I can take 3 or 4 months straight of Sanjay's babbling...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The entire list is up here

K, a quick search and the entire list is up here

India: Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, Sanjay Manjrekar
England: David Lloyd, Michael Atherton, Ian Botham, Nasser Hussain, Mark Nicholas, Alan Wilkins
Pakistan: Wasim Akram, Ramiz Raja
New Zealand: Simon Doull, Danny Morrison
West Indies: Ian Bishop, Tony Cozier
Sri Lanka: Russel Arnold
Zimbabwe: Alistair Campbell, Pommie Mbangwa
South Africa: Pat Symcox, Robin Jackman, Lance Klusener
Australia: Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Tom Moody
Bangladesh: Athar Ali Khan, Shamim Chowdhury

Harsha Bhogle, Dermot Reeve & Simon Hughes will be based exclusively out of the studio.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Just added the link, so this list is confirmed :D

Sad to miss out on Sidhu and Boycs though.

P

pcfan123

English commentators easily the best once again. Also really like Robin Jackman and Pommie.

Glad Harsha Boggle won't be doing the games, he is easily the worst commentator in the history of sport. You can feel his fellow commentators cringing behind the mic every time he speaks.

Also Sidhu is probably too busy murdering people to commentate.

Sagacious

Club Cricketer
Will miss Geoffry Boycott :( I believe he will be commentating for BBC Radio.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
English commentators easily the best once again.

Totally agree :thumbs Would've preferred Gower over Wilkins though.

And Akram's commentating :D would love to hear his views on the fast bowelers during the tournament, especially that Junaid kid.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Would have loved to see the names like Barry Richards and Micheal Holding on the list. A pity they won't be there.

Sourav Ganguly has also been signed up for for the World Cup. He had a pretty decent stint during the CLT20, but I'd say he was a tad nervous back then.

Happy to see no Arun Lal :D

English commentators easily the best once again. Also really like Robin Jackman and Pommie.

Glad Harsha Boggle won't be doing the games, he is easily the worst commentator in the history of sport. You can feel his fellow commentators cringing behind the mic every time he speaks.

Also Sidhu is probably too busy murdering people to commentate.

Utter rubbish !
He is better than a few others put together. Had you voiced the same concerns about Sanjay 'hypocrite' Manjrekar- then,you would have been right. Bhogle is pretty decent.

Sidhu-upping his ante for the elections,busy with his political party- but will come on a few talk shows.

Also, the list of English commentators has been wrongly mentioned in my post- Wilkins is actually a South African and am not too sure about Mark Nicholas.

Is there any way we can write to ESSto let them know that we ain't interested in listening to morons like Manjrekar and Stutter Ali Khan ?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Agree with you mate. Harsha's babbles on a lot - not the easiest guy to listen to, but it's usually GOOD babble, unlike Sanjay who thinks he's super smart and tries to convey that to the viewers as much as he can by talking constantly. In the end though Sanjay just ends up repeating most of the crap the bad commentators do. Harsha's got a very broad knowledge of the game too which makes his views a bit more balanced.

Mark Nicholas is definitely English. It's just that he gets employed by so many other people you start to wonder where he calls home.

Users who are viewing this thread