'The Cricket Project' Video- 22/03/06

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Experience the ultimate in cricket simulation. 'The Cricket Project', to be released this year, is the most realistic and in-depth cricket video game imaginable.

WATCH THE NEW VIDEO
A new video of 'The Cricket Project' is now available to download and view from the usual area of the official website- http://www.thecricketproject.com/. I know how long you have all waited for it and I hope that this does not disappoint!

Get bowled out by 'The Cricket Project'!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just saw the vdo, nice work Skateboarder.......the shots are awesome. The left-handed batsman is looking nice.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Great Music, Great Shots, Great Kit and Great Video. :p Loving it.

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Brilliant left handed shots well done every1. Great kits and everything

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
I'm surprised by how good this looked, the screenshots didn't really capture the animation. Sweep shot looks superb as did the slog where he took a shuffle forward. Not so sure about the music though, but the video itself was great stuff.

andy82

Club Cricketer
looking great, although being picky, but it looks like that the player holds his bat back a bit too long and also on the end of the shot where he's dead still for a second at the last frame of the shot animation before he starts running.

Apart from that its OOTW :cool:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's looking better than it was last time, and it was pretty good then.
Although that music really sucks.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
hi all,

thanks for the positive feedback ;) and thanks Skateboarder for compiling and uploading the video...

just a few comments regarding the new video...

- this is kind of a teaser vid to tie everyone over till the next 'big' video (to feature bowler and umpires and wicky etc)...plus it has been some time since i released one ....hence there is not too much 'new' stuff to be seen.....
- 'new' stuff includes : left hander, improved shots, bettter physics, glimpses of running between wickets, new graphics of pitch and adboards and pitchads, new player models with lighting, new bats
- remember this is not the final product, it's still very much a WIP, so there is still many 'transition' animations to be added after strokes etc and obviously still waiting on bowler and fielders and umpires...no doubt everything will get more tweaking as well and change (for the better) before final release...there is still so much more to go....

cheers,

LM

andy82 said:
looking great, although being picky, but it looks like that the player holds his bat back a bit too long and also on the end of the shot where he's dead still for a second at the last frame of the shot animation before he starts running.

Apart from that its OOTW :cool:

yeah, that pause before he starts running is for 2 reasons....

i) i haven't done any 'transition' animations yet, which when done will fill that 'gap'

ii) i didn't start running straight away...he only starts running when i push the run button ;)

whitehornmatt said:
It's looking better than it was last time, and it was pretty good then.
Although that music really sucks.

lol, i haven't heard the music yet...oh well, turn the sound down then ;) There's no audio from the game in the captures so no need for sound in any case...

srk121

International Coach
great work L.M. and skateboarder video was awsome. keep up the good work. i really liked the advance down the wicket shot good feature to have. not like BLIC sticking in the crease ;)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
forgot to mention...remember the quality of the videos has been greatly reduced to save loading times...i wont post any 'full quality' vids yet as this vidis just a tie over one...for the next one i will post a high quality (broadband) version and a low quality version....

LM

holmie

Club Cricketer
:) my logo looked good in the video. thanks for putting it in LM and Skateboarder.

sid_19840

International Coach
Loved it,I really like the way the game is panning out,already looks better than any existing cricket game,among the shots played,I loved the bouncer(in between),the big aerial shots and the pull shot.Excellent stuff Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread