Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
mine was the match where sachin got controversially run-out by sohaib
and in the first inings sohaib took sachin and dravid in 2 consecutive balls

i dont remember much abt that game as i was just 5 then

jordox

International Cricketer
My first conscious memories of a professional game of cricket I don't actually remember very well. All I can remember is sitting in a club somewhere in Harare with South Africa playing Australia on the TV and I remember asking my dad why there was two people called "waugh" playing.

I remember being confused that there seemed to be three Waughs. Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh and Shane Warne (which sounded like Waugh to me). As a non-English speaking child I couldn't work out the the hell was going on.

Oh and also, I remember it was a one dayer.

There you go, that's all I remember.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Coming from a family of sports fans I'm sure cricket had been on TV or radio when I was a baby, but the earliest memory I have of a match was England against Australia at Sydney. It was the New Year's Test of 2003 and the 5th Ashes Test. I was 10 years old and had just woken up to find my dad watching on TV.

Ari

International Cricketer
Can't recall the exact match but I did start watching cricket around 1989 and do have early memorys of Sir Richard Hadlee destroying batting line ups. I did grow up in a cricket mad family and was young when I started watching.

Last edited:

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Australia vs South Africa ODI match 1999.

Back then I use to love SA and hate Australia ,but now it's opposite.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Without knowing cricket I watched Kapil Dev's men playing something. I don't even know that it was called cricket bat or cricket ball that time. I was just staring at those guys on the TV. It was the same year when I started to watch F1 too. I don't know teams. Rather I preferred supporting teams by colors like this colored men will win the game. :D

Consciously, after I learned cricket, I saw my first match India vs Kenya, 1996 Wcup which was the first match for India. Jadeja and Tendulkar smashing those Kenyan bowlers all around the park and I was jumping with joy :)

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I remember watching a cricket match when I was much yougner which would of been around 2004 but I didn't pay much attention. The Ashes in 2005 were probably what got me into Cricket, moreso than my first match. The Ashes was my first series.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Can vaguely remember...

England vs Australia in the 1990's. I've always remembered that Michael Slater scored 46 and that Steve Waugh & Ian Healy both scored 100's and I remember that all of the Australian players scored, including Glenn McGrath. Then Atherton got out for a duck and Mark Butcher scored 116.

Cricinfo - 1st Test: Australia v England at Brisbane, Nov 20-24, 1998

I also remember in the mid 1990's Michael Slater struggling in India.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
England V South Africa 2003 I think...It was aired on Channel 4/5 here in the UK. All I remember was Ntini running up to bowl. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread