The Future Of TAOC

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
without beating around the bush, let me come to the point.

i contacted LM today after almost a month and spoke for over
2 hours about the future of the game and what needs to be done to
ensure it releases.

we've planned a new approach towards the development and
have set a target of 6 months. if we are not able to release a beta
version by then or if we feel its not possible in the distant future, we'll be taking some drastic measures.

its like a do or die situation for us.
either release atleast the beta within 6 months or the game might never release.

this is enough prove / evidence to suggest how serious we are.
and since we've put over 3 years of our life into this....its no longer
JUST a pet project.

time to pull up our socks !

are you guys with me and LM ?

JK

Hitterman

International Coach
Sure. I hope that the TAOC will work hard and will shut up the mouths of people like Hitterman. If a beta will be released within 6 months then I'll surely buy this game.

edx

School Cricketer
Sounds great, you guys have dedicated yourselves to this project for years and you could probably go on for ever tweaking it trying to get it pefect. Good news that your deciding to wrap it up soon.:banana2:clap

Highlander999

ICC President
AYE!!!!!! Good on you guys, you will probably get this released then after we have all been fed up of 09 and attract a lot of support because of that

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
To be negative for a moment, rushing through it for a beta doesn't make sense. Sure, stop wasting time making minor tweaks to the animations, but setting arbitrary deadlines have made the other cricket games as bad as they are.

The game will still take a few more years to finish, there is little good in rushing to get a beta out when it will detract from the game's aim.

That said, I'm willing to help you as much as I can, but I don't think 6 months is realistic and you'll set yourself up for failure by doing so.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
To be negative for a moment, rushing through it for a beta doesn't make sense. Sure, stop wasting time making minor tweaks to the animations, but setting arbitrary deadlines have made the other cricket games as bad as they are.

The game will still take a few more years to finish, there is little good in rushing to get a beta out when it will detract from the game's aim.

That said, I'm willing to help you as much as I can, but I don't think 6 months is realistic and you'll set yourself up for failure by doing so.

well, its not rushing....its a way to up the tempo and make full utilization of the time and energy.

we started this on oct 2005. its been like 3 and half years and still even
the basics arent completed. there is a certain amount of frustration
& a reluctant attitude that has set in. need to break the shackles.

more than 60% of the members have disappeared since we started
and they hardly ever login.

lets face it, we cant keep on dragging this forever. life is not getting any easier and we've again hit a low due to the break.

but all said and done, there will never be a compromise in the gameplay dept
because its the main pillar thats holding this game.

we'll be cutting back on a lot of "perfect" animations, eye-candy, unnecessary features etc...
the wishlist needs to be reduced dramatically.

dazzazzad22

School Cricketer
Exactly. The pie in the sky features need to wait. Get the core mechanics down and a half decent AI and then release it into the world. From there, assuming it at least plays somewhat like cricket and is fun and challenging, interest will reignite and it can be regularly updated from then on.

I wouldn't even be opposed to a very simple set up like you can only play one 20-20 game with two designated teams. In writing films I've realized that the first draft is the hardest. Sometimes its best to just get that done as quickly as possible.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
finally,the situation has came along where every fan of this game have to prove its ability by some or the other methods so that the tempo is not lost...

time to call every member back on this forum....

its now became a DO OR DIE situation,where be cannot step back....:noway

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I thought this thread was going to say that you weren't going to continue on the game anymore! Quite obviously, I'm glad that is not happening. Good luck on getting as much done in 6 months for the beta version :)

Hero

Club Captain
I am 100 percent agree that with the passage of time people are slowly getting dissappointed with the future of this game.so if you guys set deadline of 6 months to release it.It will creat excitement as 3 and half year hardwork should not be go into waste.Lot of fancy things can be to done later on as a add on or in next installment but if project dies then there is no use of all this time

So jkartik this the best approach is to release it beta as it will creat lot hopes and keep all the people alive here as you are right as you are right that life is sometimes get so much busy that it is hard to get stick with for you and us. So by setting date of target lot of things can be done.I will request LM to start working on AI as once it has been done lot of things could be rectified later on and with passage of time.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i realized that releasing it as a Complete package / Final version wont make
sense as we are not being run by a corporate sector or have any particular
deadlines.

we'll release the best possible version by then, take into account all the reviews etc and make changes according and make timely patches / additions !! :)

this also makes sure that members arent too disappointed if the game unfortunately doesnt turn up as per the high expectations.

coolz_hari

International Coach
If the beta version is released with in 6 months definetely ill buy..on the other hand if it has any problems ,patch makers can correct it .

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
its actually a good move to release the working game first..maybe adopt incremental process model for the game(software engineering....lol)!

get a first version out with the gameplay right.you could leave out the stadiums and all extra cosmetic stuff.
later develop the wishlist for the addons and start working.

i could be happy playing TAOC with only one stadium and those flat crowds rather than not playing at all!

Users who are viewing this thread