surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Karthik, I have noticed somewhere like it was LM who is going to implement everything in the game though you can do loads of work.

One thing which I am not able to understand is,

why there is a dependency on only one man on such a big project? There should atleast 4-5 people when comes to implementation so that even one goes unavailable, the work still can go faster. Planning and team hierarchy is where TAOC has gone many steps back I believe. No doubt that hardwork is well reflected but the planning is lagging.

In short, I meant the driving force of this project is getting deviated. Why can't you personally talk to LM and restructure the team and re-plan it in a new ways.. If the old PC members (who are currently inactive) are not available.. just leave them.. Look for new people.. I am sure there are many talented members here. People like WHM, Colin, Prakash, Kshitiz, Abhas, Tom(lazy_chestnut) are few examples. Instead of only LM having 100% dependency, make 4-5 people to have the full source code and its implementations.

You guys have to re-plan the things and someone has to be active and motivated enough to be a driving force of this TAOC project. With hard works implemented, it is of no use if the end product goes vain.

No project can be a successful one if there is no team effort. Only one/two man/men army cannot withstand the battle for a long time. Proper team hierarchy with proper planning has to be there if TAOC is to be a successful one.

It's time to pull up the socks and stand up to drive this project to its target. :cool: It is indeed definitely possible.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
Karthik, I have noticed somewhere like it was LM who is going to implement everything in the game though you can do loads of work.

why there is a dependency on only one man on such a big project? There should atleast 4-5 people when comes to implementation so that even one goes unavailable, the work still can go faster. Planning and team hierarchy is where TAOC has gone many steps back I believe. No doubt that hardwork is well reflected but the planning is lagging.

In short, I meant the driving force of this project is getting deviated. Why can't you personally talk to LM and restructure the team and re-plan it in a new ways.. If the old PC members (who are currently inactive) are not available.. just leave them.. Look for new people.. I am sure there are many talented members here. People like WHM, Colin, Prakash, Kshitiz, Abhas, Tom(lazy_chestnut) are few examples. Instead of only LM having 100% dependency, make 4-5 people to have the full source code and its implementations.

You guys have to re-plan the things and someone has to be active and motivated enough to be a driving force of this TAOC project. With hard works implemented, it is of no use if the end product goes vain.

No project can be a successful one if there is no team effort. Only one/two man/men army cannot withstand the battle for a long time. Proper team hierarchy with proper planning has to be there if TAOC is to be a successful one.

It's time to pull up the socks and stand up to drive this project to its target. :cool: It is indeed definitely possible.

I totally agree with this! We have few very talented people here in PC.
If the list of people to implement is made and the work is divided according to a devised plan then well we all maybe playing TAOC very soon!:banana2

PS:I have asked this before but LM was busy to answer,hope JK or anyone could answer this.
"What graphics library is this game using? Directx/OpenGL" and is it being made with any existing graphics engine like Ogre3d?
I am learning Directx now and am making steady progress.I could be of some help!:cheers

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

suren, the team hierarchy is lacking because there isnt any. 2 people hardly make a team. sure, others have contributed / supported in their own way but nothing concrete so far. lots of GFX and stadium makers showed potential but no one has FINISHED any of their assigned work yet nor have come close to it. they start all excited and eventually lose interest.

name ONE member since the past 2 years who's work has been implemented
in-game ??? i dont blame them or anything.....as they're doing it for free and in their spare time....they have
every right to quit.

and about the source code, i believe its too late in the day to be sending it out. first of, it is designed in a software based on C++ (which cannot be named).you need to learn it from scratch as the syntax and stuff is completely different. if it was something like MSVC++ or VB.NET, it would've been out in the open ages ago.

second, LM needs to have that trust in the particular member for him to consider it.

and talking about driving force, my driving force is LM.
if i see good progress from his side, i literally submerge into the world
of 3DS MAX, Photoshop and TAOC testing.

whenever he goes into hiding or is unable to work on the game(like the current situation), my interest level dips like crazy. lot of negative thoughts
surround me about the future of the game especially as my responsibilities in life are increasing by the day.

i somehow pull myself up one way or the other and try to work on the game
but theres only so much one man can do.

this is one of the reasons why i set the target of 6 months.
coz, the interest levels among the members was taking a nose dive.....
the forum had become dead and many started feeling it would never release.

and am not blaming or pointing my finger at LM.....one thing i know for sure is that he wont quit. plus, its not as though hes being lazy or anything....hes stuck in a rut somewhere unable to move forward. but i sincerely hope that he finds a way through coz, i seriously dont know how long i'll able to hold it.

jkartik added 4 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I totally agree with this! We have few very talented people here in PC.
If the list of people to implement is made and the work is divided according to a devised plan then well we all maybe playing TAOC very soon!:banana2

PS:I have asked this before but LM was busy to answer,hope JK or anyone could answer this.
"What graphics library is this game using? Directx/OpenGL" and is it being made with any existing graphics engine like Ogre3d?
I am learning Directx now and am making steady progress.I could be of some help!:cheers

the game is using DirectX....

Last edited:

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
first of, it is designed in a software based on C++ (which cannot be named).you need to learn it from scratch as the syntax and stuff is completely different. if it was something like MSVC++ or VB.NET, it would've been out in the open ages ago.

the game is using DirectX....

thanks for the info there!

and all the people here know that LM wont quit because if he was to quit, the game would have not come this far!

Again i can understands LM's feeling about giving away the source code to other people!

now interesting piece of information there jk! The game is being made in a software based on C++ but the syntax is all new.Im guessing this to be a graphics or game engine but from what you said it looks like an IDE and is certainly not MSVC++.(or maybe c#:rolleyes:)
i hope you could spill some beans about this!:p

Anyway i would love to see TAOC get back on track!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
suren, the team hierarchy is lacking because there isnt any. 2 people hardly make a team. sure, others have contributed / supported in their own way but nothing concrete so far. lots of GFX and stadium makers showed potential but no one has FINISHED any of their assigned work yet nor have come close to it. they start all excited and eventually lose interest.

name ONE member since the past 2 years who's work has been implemented
in-game ??? i dont blame them or anything.....as they're doing it for free and in their spare time....they have
every right to quit.

and about the source code, i believe its too late in the day to be sending it out. first of, it is designed in a software based on C++ (which cannot be named).you need to learn it from scratch as the syntax and stuff is completely different. if it was something like MSVC++ or VB.NET, it would've been out in the open ages ago.

second, LM needs to have that trust in the particular member for him to consider it.

and talking about driving force, my driving force is LM.
if i see good progress from his side, i literally submerge into the world
of 3DS MAX, Photoshop and TAOC testing.

whenever he goes into hiding or is unable to work on the game(like the current situation), my interest level dips like crazy. lot of negative thoughts
surround me about the future of the game especially as my responsibilities in life are increasing by the day.

i somehow pull myself up one way or the other and try to work on the game
but theres only so much one man can do.

this is one of the reasons why i set the target of 6 months.
coz, the interest levels among the members was taking a nose dive.....
the forum had become dead and many started feeling it would never release.

and am not blaming or pointing my finger at LM.....one thing i know for sure is that he wont quit. plus, its not as though hes being lazy or anything....hes stuck in a rut somewhere unable to move forward. but i sincerely hope that he finds a way through coz, i seriously dont know how long i'll able to hold it.

Yes it is obvious from the looking that there is no team behind you except you two.

No one has finished their work assigned? :eek: If thats the case Karthik, make it clear to the members,

TAOC CAN NEVER COME UP... WHENEVER THEY MOAN ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE OR ASK YOU QUESTIONS, YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL, " IF THERE IS NO CO-OPERATION OR HELP WITHOUT ANY COMMITMENTS FROM TEAM MEMBERS, YOU CANNOT EXPECT A SUPERMAN TO FINISH SUCH A BIG PROJECT.. " :rolleyes:

doing it for free, I agree.. but when you give a word, you should make it up. We can't ask questions, I agree but when such a huge project has taken up how that project is expected to be delivered by 2 people alone?

I blame you and LM again for this because, you guys silently proceeded without any declaring emergency situation. A FIRE-FIGHTING MODE( software field definition ) should have come up.. but it didn't just happen.

Regarding source code.. I was talking about certain responsible and respected fellows here in forum. LM not going to trust Collin, WHM, Prakash and Kshitiz? They are freaking talented. Did you ask them for the help? Or those respected people denied you guys? In particular, Prakash is a freak in any technology.

You can't use that, " C, C++, VB ..etc etc technology learning stuff from scratch is tough! ". People who are good solution providers and programming freaks will never find any difficulty in breaking the logic behind any code. Thats how all Indian software companies run. You can't expect a language dependent pro in every field.

Yes, LM was the driving force.. unfortunately, he has got struck up daily life activities. I do agree that life is not easy for anyone.. but just imagine if there are 4-5 people driving this TAOC project.. say WHM, Collin, Prakash, LM and yourself are driving this project.. definitely things have gone smoother.

Also, you fix a time line for each and every activity.. Have a status tracker of daily and weekly activity.. look for talented members.. try to get help atleast a day's work from them.. finish one stadium in 2 days.. say sat/sun by some person.. get it and we should not be worried if he goes away busy for weekdays. Lets hunt for someone who can really help in weekdays to continue from the point where it was left by other person.

Still the project can't be put on hold for the reasons you have stated.. You just can't find a project team where the end product is getting delivered by the project manager alone. In half of the real life scenarios, project manager would be clueless about the technology used but still he would be capable enough to deliver his project with atmost quality. :cool:

Declare a public announcement, " TAOC NEEDS HELP.. DO OR DIE! ".. If people like WHM, Colin, Prakash can help for a short time, say 6 months... definitely, TAOC can come to the beta testing phase.

To be honest, I can nowhere see the future of TAOC if there are going to be only two people working. :noway I am sorry to say that but at the same time... its hard to see the hard works going just in vain because of improper team hierarchy/ planning!

Like how I always say,

Mind says, " Without a team work, TAOC can't simply run! " while my heart says, " TAOC should target a beta testing phase atleast by this year end! ".

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yes it is obvious from the looking that there is no team behind you except you two.

No one has finished their work assigned? :eek: If thats the case Karthik, make it clear to the members,

TAOC CAN NEVER COME UP... WHENEVER THEY MOAN ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE OR ASK YOU QUESTIONS, YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL, " IF THERE IS NO CO-OPERATION OR HELP WITHOUT ANY COMMITMENTS FROM TEAM MEMBERS, YOU CANNOT EXPECT A SUPERMAN TO FINISH SUCH A BIG PROJECT.. " :rolleyes:

doing it for free, I agree.. but when you give a word, you should make it up. We can't ask questions, I agree but when such a huge project has taken up how that project is expected to be delivered by 2 people alone?

I blame you and LM again for this because, you guys silently proceeded without any declaring emergency situation. A FIRE-FIGHTING MODE( software field definition ) should have come up.. but it didn't just happen.

Regarding source code.. I was talking about certain responsible and respected fellows here in forum. LM not going to trust Collin, WHM, Prakash and Kshitiz? They are freaking talented. Did you ask them for the help? Or those respected people denied you guys? In particular, Prakash is a freak in any technology.

You can't use that, " C, C++, VB ..etc etc technology learning stuff from scratch is tough! ". People who are good solution providers and programming freaks will never find any difficulty in breaking the logic behind any code. Thats how all Indian software companies run. You can't expect a language dependent pro in every field.

Yes, LM was the driving force.. unfortunately, he has got struck up daily life activities. I do agree that life is not easy for anyone.. but just imagine if there are 4-5 people driving this TAOC project.. say WHM, Collin, Prakash, LM and yourself are driving this project.. definitely things have gone smoother.

Also, you fix a time line for each and every activity.. Have a status tracker of daily and weekly activity.. look for talented members.. try to get help atleast a day's work from them.. finish one stadium in 2 days.. say sat/sun by some person.. get it and we should not be worried if he goes away busy for weekdays. Lets hunt for someone who can really help in weekdays to continue from the point where it was left by other person.

Still the project can't be put on hold for the reasons you have stated.. You just can't find a project team where the end product is getting delivered by the project manager alone. In half of the real life scenarios, project manager would be clueless about the technology used but still he would be capable enough to deliver his project with atmost quality. :cool:

Declare a public announcement, " TAOC NEEDS HELP.. DO OR DIE! ".. If people like WHM, Colin, Prakash can help for a short time, say 6 months... definitely, TAOC can come to the beta testing phase.

To be honest, I can nowhere see the future of TAOC if there are going to be only two people working. :noway I am sorry to say that but at the same time... its hard to see the hard works going just in vain because of improper team hierarchy/ planning!

Like how I always say,

Mind says, " Without a team work, TAOC can't simply run! " while my heart says, " TAOC should target a beta testing phase atleast by this year end! ".

well, i dont know much about programming ..so...consider my statements as naive LOL ! :p..
i was judging it on the fact that for e.g i know the ideas and technicalities behind animation,modelling etc.... but can do practical work only in 3DS MAX and not other softwares like say Maya ! coz, the interface and stuff is completely different even though technically its almost the same. it takes a good couple of months just to get used to the interface and workflow...

i havent asked any of the above mentioned guys......but have to consult this with LM first. if he gives a green signal, who am i to stop ??

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Firstly, in response to JK's question about naming someone who has completed something for TAOC, I would have to nominate myself. I wrote some code which makes the ball deviate by an amount depending on if the ball lands on a 'crack' in the pitch. Not sure if LM has implemented it, but I finished it and delivered it.

I have on numerous occasions asked if I can help with any programming, but understandably, LM wants to keep it to himself, mainly because he claims his code is a complete mess! I think that there are things that I could easily help with when it comes to coding. For example, I could write the routines for the sound in the game, so that there are some simple calls to make in code for things like hit sounds, nick sounds, etc.

Also, I will finish my stadium. I'm just in the middle of my finals at uni at the moment, so don't have any spare time to work on this. When I'm done, I'll start work again.

Users who are viewing this thread