The Global Test Tournament

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Cricket Captain is good this year, I love that you can put any international player from history and play any format, you can mix players from different countries, I may play out my Era championships this way, as it is quicker than playing or watching the AI on Cricket 19. Don't get me wrong, the sim on Cricket 19 is good and realistic but being involved in the decision making of a team and the speed of completing a game, gives Cricket Captain the edge for the type of project I want to run.

As for Cricket Coach, are they still making that game?

:)

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Surprised you went Cricket Captain all of a sudden but good stuff: I do love the charts and stats from the game. Cricket Coach has an almanac feature which is absolutely stunning! Might inspire me to do a Cricket Coach story after my test!

Yeah I am too and it is only a one off thing and I will be playing every single minute of every single game on Cricket 19, but I thought actually why not mix it up a bit. I’ve mixed it up too much and Denly has earned his way into the side again ‍♂️. I will definitely be back on Cricket 19 from today forward but it was nice and also easier to get the warm up fixtures in.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cricket Captain is good this year, I love that you can put any international player from history and play any format, you can mix players from different countries, I may play out my Era championships this way, as it is quicker than playing or watching the AI on Cricket 19. Don't get me wrong, the sim on Cricket 19 is good and realistic but being involved in the decision making of a team and the speed of completing a game, gives Cricket Captain the edge for the type of project I want to run.

Has it actually been updated for the first time in ten years?

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
England B Squad Match Rating

Zak Crawley: 81 (180) + 16 (54)
Rating out of 10: 7

Crawley batted very patiently to begin with and then switched up the tempo to bat more freely in his first innings and it paid off as he remained whilst others fell. Unfortunately, he fell before a century and failed to convert a start in the second, but he has given the selectors a glimpse of his promise. In a low scoring match, he top scored for all batsmen and is worthy of a good rating.

James Bracey: 8 (40) + 4 (30)
Rating out of 10: 3

Two disappointing innings for the Gloucestershire wicketkeeper batsman however he can take great lessons and pride as he held his own against the quality attack of an international side. He is still young, raw and has a lot of potential!

Dan Lawrence: 40 (74) + 6 (16)
Rating out of 10: 4

Lawrence failed to capitalise on the opportunity he created through his county form and couldn’t reach a much anticipated half century. His challenge now is to perform and work well in the nets and warm up matches to convince selectors he can displace Joe Denly.

Dawid Malan: 28 (51) + 5 (32)

Malan maybe was slightly plagued with injury and batted below par in both innings and faces an uphill battle to force his way back into Test contention. Back to county cricket and the nets he goes!

Jonny Bairstow: 10 (14) + 25 (59)
Rating out of 10: 3.5

Two starts, not substantial enough like others in this batting lineup. In a low scoring game, his 25 from 59 slightly resurrected the perilous position England were in in the second innings chase, and is enough to give him an extra half a point.

Ben Foakes: 22 (55) + 39* (121) / 3 catches
Rating out of 10: 6

Foakes continued his run scoring form from warm up matches with two important knocks, most notably the second innings red inker. He also kept tidily and must be causing selection headaches for England with Buttler not exactly holding his place down comfortably.

Lewis Gregory: 0 (5) + 25* (67) / 4-34 (10) + 0-23 (6)

Gregory also backed up his warm up match form, adding to his 13 wickets with a first innings four for. He bowled with nice control and batted solidly to finish off the game. Should now be more in the thoughts of selection for a Europa League spot.

Chris Woakes: 1-77 (16) + 2-49 (16) / 14 (53)

The skipper led his side fantastically and played quite well too. A tad expensive in the first innings but he was always probing both edges and bowling a challenging length. His second innings bowling took the rewards for his consistent and precise lengths. A front runner for the England team.

Jack Leach: 1-14 (7.5) / 1-11 (5.5) / 10 (20)

In comparison to his expensive his overs in the Root - Stokes showdown, the Somerset lad could be more satisfied with the outcome even if he only bowled 13.4 overs. A wicket a piece at an economical rate allowed Woakes to use his seamers to attack and probe difficult lengths for the batsmen which they did well (Stone 6-45)! Not the first choice spinner and likely though to be back up to Bess.

Ollie Robinson: 2-35 (14) + 1-21 (8) / 1 (7)

Another impressive performance from the prolific county cricket wicket taker. Very economical and metronomic throughout reminiscent of a James Anderson type bowler. His slower pace to the rest of his counterparts might count against him but his consistency with his areas and lengths at his 80-85 mph makes him a difficult prospect to face especially in English conditions.

Olly Stone: 2-42 (11) + 6-45 (17) / 4* (5)
Rating out of 10: 9

The rightful man of the match with two scintillating performances with the red ball. His first innings was hostile and hard to negotiate, his second was more consistent and more reliable and accounted for 6 wickets. His pace, his length, his line, his area, his variations and his ability are all plus points for English fans and also to Stone’s repertoire. Will surely add to his one cap on the Test match arena either in the Europa League or the GTT.[DOUBLEPOST=1595507759][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has it actually been updated for the first time in ten years?

I played on CC19 mobile and haven’t yet bought CC20. I have seen and heard mixed views and it is likely that updates are largely the same with a few new things to help sell the game but the game itself for manager type people like me is still enticing.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England B Squad Match Rating

Zak Crawley: 81 (180) + 16 (54)

Crawley batted very patiently to begin with and then switched up the tempo to bat more freely in his first innings and it paid off as he remained whilst others fell. Unfortunately, he fell before a century and failed to convert a start in the second, but he has given the selectors a glimpse of his promise. In a low scoring match, he top scored for all batsmen and is worthy of a good rating.

James Bracey: 8 (40) + 4 (30)

Two disappointing innings for the Gloucestershire wicketkeeper batsman however he can take great lessons and pride as he held his own against the quality attack of an international side. He is still young, raw and has a lot of potential!

Dan Lawrence: 40 (74) + 6 (16)
Rating out of 10: 4

Lawrence failed to capitalise on the opportunity he created through his county form and couldn’t reach a much anticipated half century. His challenge now is to perform and work well in the nets and warm up matches to convince selectors he can displace Joe Denly.

Dawid Malan: 28 (51) + 5 (32)

Malan maybe was slightly plagued with injury and batted below par in both innings and faces an uphill battle to force his way back into Test contention. Back to county cricket and the nets he goes!

Jonny Bairstow: 10 (14) + 25 (59)
Rating out of 10: 3.5

Two starts, not substantial enough like others in this batting lineup. In a low scoring game, his 25 from 59 slightly resurrected the perilous position England were in in the second innings chase, and is enough to give him an extra half a point.

Ben Foakes: 22 (55) + 39* (121) / 3 catches

Foakes continued his run scoring form from warm up matches with two important knocks, most notably the second innings red inker. He also kept tidily and must be causing selection headaches for England with Buttler not exactly holding his place down comfortably.

Lewis Gregory: 0 (5) + 25* (67) / 4-34 (10) + 0-23 (6)

Gregory also backed up his warm up match form, adding to his 13 wickets with a first innings four for. He bowled with nice control and batted solidly to finish off the game. Should now be more in the thoughts of selection for a Europa League spot.

Chris Woakes: 1-77 (16) + 2-49 (16) / 14 (53)

The skipper led his side fantastically and played quite well too. A tad expensive in the first innings but he was always probing both edges and bowling a challenging length. His second innings bowling took the rewards for his consistent and precise lengths. A front runner for the England team.

Jack Leach: 1-14 (7.5) / 1-11 (5.5) / 10 (20)

In comparison to his expensive his overs in the Root - Stokes showdown, the Somerset lad could be more satisfied with the outcome even if he only bowled 13.4 overs. A wicket a piece at an economical rate allowed Woakes to use his seamers to attack and probe difficult lengths for the batsmen which they did well (Stone 6-45)! Not the first choice spinner and likely though to be back up to Bess.

Ollie Robinson: 2-35 (14) + 1-21 (8) / 1 (7)

Another impressive performance from the prolific county cricket wicket taker. Very economical and metronomic throughout reminiscent of a James Anderson type bowler. His slower pace to the rest of his counterparts might count against him but his consistency with his areas and lengths at his 80-85 mph makes him a difficult prospect to face especially in English conditions.

Olly Stone: 2-42 (11) + 6-45 (17) / 4* (5)
Rating out of 10: 9

The rightful man of the match with two scintillating performances with the red ball. His first innings was hostile and hard to negotiate, his second was more consistent and more reliable and accounted for 6 wickets. His pace, his length, his line, his area, his variations and his ability are all plus points for English fans and also to Stone’s repertoire. Will surely add to his one cap on the Test match arena either in the Europa League or the GTT.[DOUBLEPOST=1595507759][/DOUBLEPOST]

I played on CC19 mobile and haven’t yet bought CC20. I have seen and heard mixed views and it is likely that updates are largely the same with a few new things to help sell the game but the game itself for manager type people like me is still enticing.
Yeah, I've played it for many hours of the overs. It is quite addictive but i never feel like I'm missing out if i skip buying it for four or five years.

D

Dutch

The last version is 2014: its been years that "a new version " is being worked on. Not sure if that will ever happen.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Yeah, I've played it for many hours of the overs. It is quite addictive but i never feel like I'm missing out if i skip buying it for four or five years.

My hijack is over OP and MODs :) I bought Cricket Captain last year just before the World Cup for the first time in ages, and though it is recognizable as the game I used to play about 10 years ago, it does have some new features woven into it, which made me buy the latest one recently.

For example as a retro guy, there is an option to play as any international country using any player that made an appearance Test, ODI and T20 which is awesome and of course sorted by stats any way you want. In the latest version you can even narrow down the era you want to choose your squad from say 1970 - 1979 type that in search and any player who played in the time span you can select to build a squad of I think up to 15 players.

You can then pitch them against another squad of 15 from another nation and play. Or Choose Team A vs Team B selections. Team A and Team B being players from whereever you want in history, so that Viv Richards can play in the same side as Sir Richard Hadlee. You can play 1 game series, 3 game or 5 match test series. I don't think you can do Custom Tournament yet or save the teams you make, but it is easy to put the squads together, now that I am typing this I may do a Fire In Bablyon T20 as Team A vs Lockdown Lunatics as Team B!

It is a lot of fun, if Cricket 19 gives the option to manage well it would kill Cricket Captain but both games are on my play list. It was interesting to see the OP switch mid story!

Last edited:

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hello

I am still here albeit other life things and playing cricket have stopped me updating the thread. I will be back by the weekend probably for England vs Scotland in the first EUROPA LEAGUE game. Should be fun and I hope you can join me to on the journey to become the best Test match team in the world!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello

I am still here albeit other life things and playing cricket have stopped me updating the thread. I will be back by the weekend probably for England vs Scotland in the first EUROPA LEAGUE game. Should be fun and I hope you can join me to on the journey to become the best Test match team in the world!
Look forward to it, I'm rather enjoying it.

D

Dutch

Hello

I know exactly how it goes! Have no time at the mo except to finish this sente......

Users who are viewing this thread