The IPL proposal for Cricket 2005

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

With the IPL 09 season about to kick off ive seen a number of patches coming out on Cricket 2007. For those still using Cricket 2005, I was wondering if it is possible to have an IPL season for 2005.

I know that a few other threads have popped up about this and for those of you who know me know that ive never produced any patches or similar. Im also not days old to planetcricket and claiming to have produced a complete patch overnight. What i would like to know is if, with the help of various members on the forum, whether we could make an IPL patch for 05.

In my head it goes a little something like this:

KITS: Ive seen a number of kit makers for 2007 have made some extremely high quality kits. With their permission maybe we could include them in the pack.

ROSTERS: I know a large number of users out there are extremely into the IPL (particularly our indian members). Surely a complete roster wouldnt be that hard to compile. Especially if the teams were even split up between a few members.

HEX EDITING: I was reading up a little bit on hex editing. I would be happy to read up further and attempt to change the team names in game (plus logo's). However im sure theres far smarter members out there then just myself.

TOURNAMENT FIXTURES: As above for hex editing.

STADIUMS and MENUS: I dont see this as being an overly important part of the game. For a start you dont spend that long looking at either, and its also going to be played in SA this year (theres 2 stadiums in game for SA).

Just to summarise, im not about to release a patch. Im not going to spin anyone any crap out there, Im just enquiring as to weather this is possible and if so, who, if any would like the patch and be keen to help make it.

Feel free to reply to this thread or alternatively PM me.

Thanks for your time.. Cheers,
MWaugh

Last edited:

Cricker

School Cricketer
Hi,Iam ready but I still have not got the cricket 2007 cd.I will get it within 4-5 days.Anyway we shall think over it.

Cricker

School Cricketer
Happy with the idea.

Iam very much happy with your idea.I was also thinking over this.I think I could perhaps help you.Anyway I shall get the cricket 2007 CD and have a check on my computer and then I will inform you within 1 week or so.Anyway be in touch and please inform me if any development is there from your side.

MWaugh

International Coach
Cricker, the idea is for cricket 2005, not for cricket 2007. I have seen a few patches for cricket 2007. Thanks

Cricker

School Cricketer
Cricker, the idea is for cricket 2005, not for cricket 2007. I have seen a few patches for cricket 2007. Thanks

If it is cricket 2005,then I will be very happy.I have installed it.Iam having many patches of it.So,why not let's try it?

Cricker

School Cricketer
Hi,I had to ask you another thing.Why not try the channel nine tv overlay for ea cricket 2005 which is used now.The green tv overlay.

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I can work on:

1. Kits
2. Stadiums
3. Logos
4. TV Graphics (Textures only)

Now the only problem is team names and fixtures...

MWaugh

International Coach
Hi guys thanks for your response. I think the TV graphic's and kits have pretty much been done by other members (this would be dependent on asking them if it could be used). The main thing i would like some input and assistance with is editing the teams and the team names (i assume through hex editor) and the rosters. The main drama appears to be that there are 8 teams in the competition but the Aus domestic season has 6 teams. Could we perhaps use any other tournament? Maybe the international one?

Spread the word to anyone else on the forumn. The more input the better the result.

Thanks
MWaugh

MWaugh

International Coach
Happy days! Has anyone got an idea as to what teams could be replaced so that all 8 teams can be accomodated?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Its gonna be very difficult to create a roster on IPl because there are huge amount of players which arent there in cricket 2005...

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Happy days! Has anyone got an idea as to what teams could be replaced so that all 8 teams can be accomodated?

We have to deal with 6 teams instead of 8 . Target should be Australian Domestic Teams. If we do traget English County then we cannot have the 8 teams Premier Legaue at all. Here is a roster of mine, i created long time ago like from alst year :p i had fun and still having.

Here is the file ;)

Attachments

• CL.ros.rar
    113.5 KB · Views: 141

Cricker

School Cricketer
We have to deal with 6 teams instead of 8 . Target should be Australian Domestic Teams. If we do traget English County then we cannot have the 8 teams Premier Legaue at all. Here is a roster of mine, i created long time ago like from alst year :p i had fun and still having.

Here is the file ;)

Can u pls explain what is there in this patch?

Users who are viewing this thread