The New Lockdown Wacky Match-Ups Thread

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
End of Day 2 and it was a classic microcosm of Cricket 19...

1610539348298.png

Classic bat/pads, that stupid behind square baseball shot, run-outs and a 9th wicket partnership. Cook will lose this game and by a fair margin now he's avoided the follow-on.

1610539439191.png

Props to Pujara for using all ten of his bowlers though. Some pretty tasty figures there. The *only* thing that can save Cook is a massive 9th wicket partnership and Pujara declaring too late in his 3rd innings.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
End of Day 2 and it was a classic microcosm of Cricket 19...

View attachment 242037

Classic bat/pads, that stupid behind square baseball shot, run-outs and a 9th wicket partnership. Cook will lose this game and by a fair margin now he's avoided the follow-on.

View attachment 242038

Props to Pujara for using all ten of his bowlers though. Some pretty tasty figures there. The *only* thing that can save Cook is a massive 9th wicket partnership and Pujara declaring too late in his 3rd innings.
I'm surprised they didn't score more but not surprised that spin bowling side was so much better.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
So, Cook added 3 more runs to finish 196 behind and now, with about 10 overs to go on Day 3 we are here...

1610552512237.png

All out for 279 with just the one over 50 score. He has more than enough though lets be honest. Mostly chop ons and of course a run-out to finish. Three of the caughts were bat/pad to keeper.

1610552575592.png

Cook deciding to only use 5 bowlers which is fair. The two that took the majority of the wickets were the same workhorses from the first innings as well.

1610552623946.png

Here we are then. 474 to win (wasn't that what Middlesex had to get a few years ago in that game Root captained for Yorkshire?). I reckon he's gonna fall about 290 runs short. Or will we see a miracle?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Well then...
1610566723647.png

It was a lot closer than I thought it would be. A classic Cricket 19 9th wicket partnership was nearly enough. I honestly thought it'd be done very quickly at 63-5 but Cook fought hard. Ultimately the first innings failures left him too much to do and Pujara won by 43 runs.

1610566819341.png
Basically just used 3 bowlers. Real weird how in every simulation both teams used all ten all four times they bowled but in playing it out they became more trusting of bowlers who were performing.

1610566877220.png

Victory then for Pujara and ignominy for Cook.

What have we learned? Not sure anything new. Off-spin is over powered helped in no end by bat/pads. Any bowling that isn't fast struggles to reach the slips or the keeper.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well then...
View attachment 242057

It was a lot closer than I thought it would be. A classic Cricket 19 9th wicket partnership was nearly enough. I honestly thought it'd be done very quickly at 63-5 but Cook fought hard. Ultimately the first innings failures left him too much to do and Pujara won by 43 runs.

View attachment 242058
Basically just used 3 bowlers. Real weird how in every simulation both teams used all ten all four times they bowled but in playing it out they became more trusting of bowlers who were performing.

View attachment 242059

Victory then for Pujara and ignominy for Cook.

What have we learned? Not sure anything new. Off-spin is over powered helped in no end by bat/pads. Any bowling that isn't fast struggles to reach the slips or the keeper.
The image of the victorious Pujara's should be your banner. :lol They look so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread