The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@wasteyouryouth have a go with this and let me know how it is for you.

Just paste the 2 DDS files into your AshesMods\props\balls\textures folder, then run the tool and click Create Blobset.

Attachments

• WhiteBall.zip
    789.7 KB · Views: 58

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, if it worked. It definitely looks clearer. Unless it's the different ends having a slight difference in lightning.

Although I think with this batting camera it is as much to do with the pitch/ball contrast as anything.
LbJj8cl.png

qkLdM2d.png

Spoobir

Well, if it worked. It definitely looks clearer. Unless it's the different ends having a slight difference in lightning.

Although I think with this batting camera it is as much to do with the pitch/ball contrast as anything.
LbJj8cl.png

qkLdM2d.png

Yea unfortunately there's only so much I can do with the white one, that's about as bright as I can make it without it looking a little ridiculous. The worn ball should be a lot easier to see now though if you've tried that?

D

Deleted member 185125

Yea unfortunately there's only so much I can do with the white one, that's about as bright as I can make it without it looking a little ridiculous. The worn ball should be a lot easier to see now though if you've tried that?
Somebody please hand over the files to BA. Console players could benefit as well. :yes

D

Dutch

Love what you have done here!

20180310220156_1.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1520716951][/DOUBLEPOST]Just want to point out the unevenness of the stitching: that is some minute detail gone into making that.....the person at BA who was in charge of drawing the ball deserves a bloody medal

Spoobir

Figured out how to edit the stumps (easy) and boundary ropes (was a pain in the arse)!

NlPM0CG.png

FGFWMbq.png

How to get them!

To get the stumps is very easy! Just download the attached Stump Mods file, extract it, go into the Sunfoil folder and paste the stumps folder into your Ashes Mods\textures folder in the Blobset Tool (if you don't have a textures folder then create one). Then simply run the Tool, click Create Blobset and you're done!

I've included the Magellan test stumps in there as well for if you want to switch back. Just repeat the process using the Magellan DDS files.

-----------

For the ropes it's a little more complicated but not much. First you need to download @Wouldubeinta's TXPK creator from here (don't worry if it looks complicated I've done all the hard work ;)). For now extract it to wherever you want.

Next step is to download my Spoobir txpk.zip from HERE. (This is quite a large file but you will only have to download it once, from then on I can just upload the DDS files for people to paste into the correct folder) Extract the txpk folder that is inside (ignore the Rope Mods folder for now) into your newly downloaded Ashes TXPK Creator folder and overwrite the one that's already there. Now you just run the Ashes TXPK Creator.exe. It should look like this:

wA8Qcnt.png

From here click Create TXPK at the top and it will ask you where you want to save it and what you want to call the file. The name doesn't matter (Call it Rope_Mod or something) but you must save it in your Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\txpk folder.

Once that is done, run the Blobset Tool (you can scroll down the list to check your txpk file is in there) and click Create Blobset. You now have the Sunfoil boundary ropes!

Note that the boundary ropes are only for player created grounds but the stumps will replace the Magellan stumps for all matches they are used in (non flashing). I've included the Cricket Australia DDS files in the Rope Mods folder inside the main Spoobir txpk folder. Paste the DDS files into the txpk\fields\textures and repeat the process above to return to default state.

Let me know if these instructions are clear enough.

Cheers and enjoy! :cheers

Attachments

• Stump Mods.zip
    145.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Figured out how to edit the stumps (easy) and boundary ropes (was a pain in the arse)!

NlPM0CG.png

FGFWMbq.png

How to get them!

To get the stumps is very easy! Just download the attached Stump Mods file, extract it, go into the Sunfoil folder and paste the stumps folder into your Ashes Mods\textures folder in the Blobset Tool (if you don't have a textures folder then create one). Then simply run the Tool, click Create Blobset and you're done!

I've included the Magellan test stumps in there as well for if you want to switch back. Just repeat the process using the Magellan DDS files.

-----------

For the ropes it's a little more complicated but not much. First you need to download @Wouldubeinta's TXPK creator from here (don't worry if it looks complicated I've done all the hard work ;)). For now extract it to wherever you want.

Next step is to download my txpk.zip from HERE. (This is quite a large file but you will only have to download it once, from then on I can just upload the DDS files for people to paste into the correct folder) Extract it into your newly downloaded Ashes TXPK Creator folder and overwrite the one that's already there. Now you just run the Ashes TXPK Creator.exe. It should look like this:

wA8Qcnt.png

From here click Create TXPK at the top and it will ask you where you want to save it and what you want to call the file. The name doesn't matter (Call it Rope_Mod or something) but you must save it in your Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\txpk folder.

Once that is done, run the Blobset Tool (you can scroll down the list to check your txpk file is in there) and click Create Blobset. You now have the Sunfoil boundary ropes!

Note that the boundary ropes are only for player created grounds but the stumps will replace the Magellan stumps for all matches they are used in (non flashing). I've included the Cricket Australia DDS files in the Rope Mods folder inside the main txpk folder. Paste the DDS files into the txpk\fields\textures and repeat the process above to return to default state.

Let me know if these instructions are clear enough.

Cheers and enjoy! :cheers
Youre a bloody machine, NICE!!

Spoobir

Youre a bloody machine, NICE!!

It's Wouldy really who did all the hard stuff, I even learned how to do the boundary ropes from his DBC17 thread. I only really had to do the tedious legwork and make the textures.

BTW has anyone tried and managed to get them working in their own game?

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awesome work @Spoobir !! Did you happen to have DBC 14 and mod that? I am wondering if a lot of the mods like stumps and ropes would be transferable to AC

Spoobir

Awesome work @Spoobir !! Did you happen to have DBC 14 and mod that? I am wondering if a lot of the mods like stumps and ropes would be transferable to AC

Never did any modding for DBC14 so no idea how the DDS files compare. It's possible they're the same.

Users who are viewing this thread