The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey @stephencox32 ! Sorry, I'm little occupied. Can you just quickly do three things?
1. Share your Ashes Cricket PC game directory location, a complete one.
2. Cut "My Games" folder from your Documents directory and keep it somewhere safe as a backup. Then Turn off Steam Cloud Sync (if it's on) which will prevent auto-download of your steam save files.
3. Run steam validation for Ashes, so that your files are in order.

Once I'll receive your directory location, I'll share my blobset pack with you. All you'll be needing then, is to create blobset. Please Note, My blobset pack is excluding txpks. It has stumps but no boundary ropes.
Hi @Skankhunt 42 thanks for getting back to me. When you say share my Ashes Cricket directory location do you mean this?
c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ashes\
I’m away from my PC at the moment as I’ve visiting family but will be back in a few hours. I’ll make a back up of my games folder from my documents as suggested and check the situation about turning off Steam Cloud Sync yes. I’ll validate the files in steam for the game to remove any previously installed blobset files.
Have I understood your instructions correctly?
Thanks again for your help

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Hi @Skankhunt 42 thanks for getting back to me. When you say share my Ashes Cricket directory location do you mean this?
c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ashes\
I’m away from my PC at the moment as I’ve visiting family but will be back in a few hours. I’ll make a back up of my games folder from my documents as suggested and check the situation about turning off Steam Cloud Sync yes. I’ll validate the files in steam for the game to remove any previously installed blobset files.
Have I understood your instructions correctly?
Thanks again for your help

Yes! Thanks for that! And yes indeed, you've understood me correctly! The Idea to do all those steps is to try this with vanilla game.
Attached is my blobset pack! Try and I sincerely hope, you'll get this right this time! cross check the location.txt.
Oh And I don't know whether it matters, but place the extracted "Ashes Blobset Tools" folder inside the game directory! I did the same and it worked for me!

Last edited:

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Yes! Thanks for that! And yes indeed, you've understood me correctly! The Idea to do all those steps is to try this with vanilla game.
Attached is my blobset pack! Try and I sincerely hope, you'll get this right this time! cross check the location.txt.
Oh And I don't know whether it matters, but place the extracted "Ashes Blobset Tools" folder inside the game directory! I did the same and it worked for me!
@Skankhunt 42 bad news I’m afraid. I followed all the steps and as soon as I pressed create blobset I got these error messages:[DOUBLEPOST=1532884704][/DOUBLEPOST]The message about it not being the correct blobset to extract is a new one I’ve not had before and is puzzling as I selected create blobset not extract blobset. So frustrating!

Attachments

• C773B5A7-AF60-4229-972A-231E356F02BA.jpeg
    C773B5A7-AF60-4229-972A-231E356F02BA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • B1064E3D-918A-4053-845D-89C7D11291EE.jpeg
    B1064E3D-918A-4053-845D-89C7D11291EE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • B7ECB0E0-F70A-4A06-BB12-D7D74546C536.jpeg
    B7ECB0E0-F70A-4A06-BB12-D7D74546C536.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • C891247E-7D90-4DC1-A7F7-4A642C16B1D0.jpeg
    C891247E-7D90-4DC1-A7F7-4A642C16B1D0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Ah! There may be hope yet - I’ve just checked steam and it’s updating Ashes Cricket still - I forgot to disable steam sync. I’ll do that and report back

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Ah! There may be hope yet - I’ve just checked steam and it’s updating Ashes Cricket still - I forgot to disable steam sync. I’ll do that and report back
The least I can do now is to set everything myself! I've few minutes in hand so will you allow me via team viewer, so I can set it for you? I'd prefer doing all from scratch!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
The least I can do now is to set everything myself! I've few minutes in hand so will you allow me via team viewer, so I can set it for you? I'd prefer doing all from scratch!
Yes indeed certainly. How do I give you access? I’ve never used this team viewer thing. I really appreciate this.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@Spoobir @Skankhunt 42 i just wanted to say a public thank you to both you gentlemen this weekend for all the help you have given me with getting my Ashes game updates to work. Your willingness to help a fellow cricket and game fan for hours on end (you must have been fed up with contact from me every half an hour) has astounded me. I’m very blessed that people like you are on this forum - you have made an England fan very happy. I may not be on Wednesday after the Test match however haha.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
@Spoobir @Skankhunt 42 i just wanted to say a public thank you to both you gentlemen this weekend for all the help you have given me with getting my Ashes game updates to work. Your willingness to help a fellow cricket and game fan for hours on end (you must have been fed up with contact from me every half an hour) has astounded me. I’m very blessed that people like you are on this forum - you have made an England fan very happy. I may not be on Wednesday after the Test match however haha.
You're most welcome! Nice to see you finally managed the mods to work! It was a bit of one sided voice chat last night :lol. Hope that didn't bother you much!
Happy Gaming!
I may not be on Wednesday after the Test match however haha.
Or may be you'll when cook smokes our bowlers all around the park or Jimmy and co will be wrecking havoc on indian batting order! ;) expecting a good game though. Let's find out!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
You're most welcome! Nice to see you finally managed the mods to work! It was a bit of one sided voice chat last night :lol. Hope that didn't bother you much!
Happy Gaming!

Or may be you'll when cook smokes our bowlers all around the park or Jimmy and co will be wrecking havoc on indian batting order! ;) expecting a good game though. Let's find out!
Ha ha yes A microphone at my end would have been handy wouldn’t it? Ha ha. I think you may be giving our test side a little more confidence than they have in themselves. We seem a lot more nervous at Test level than in T20 or ODi. I’m hoping for an exciting match (and series) though so fingers crossed for that - I’ve enjoyed the visit of India so far - always great to watch. Kuldeep has been a particular revelation so far. I’m glad Rashid has been picked for England’s Test side too - he has also been excellent.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@Spoobir i want to apologise to you for somewhat hijacking this thread with the issues I was having with updating my game with these excellent mods. - Keep up the fantastic work! By the way how easy do you think it would be for me or anyone else to create stumps/boundary ropes and pitch marker for the Specsavers County Championship and Vitality T20 blast in England? Basically something similar to what you have done with the Royal London one day Cup? Thanks

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@Spoobir i want to apologise to you for somewhat hijacking this thread with the issues I was having with updating my game with these excellent mods. - Keep up the fantastic work! By the way how easy do you think it would be for me or anyone else to create stumps/boundary ropes and pitch marker for the Specsavers County Championship and Vitality T20 blast in England? Basically something similar to what you have done with the Royal London one day Cup? Thanks

If you know image editing it's not hard. People can use my txpk file to edit the boundary ropes.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
If you know image editing it's not hard. People can use my txpk file to edit the boundary ropes.
I like to have a go with svg images with Inkscape as you may remember so think I might have a bit of experiment if it is along the same sort of lines.

Users who are viewing this thread