The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

gamu

Club Captain
@Spoobir
I am unable to get the boundary rope as I can't create something.txpk file because of ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
You gave me a link of your txpk folder also. So I put that folder inside the Ashes Mods. Still it is not working.
Can you please help me out?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
You don't put the txpk folder into AshesMods. You put it into the TXPK Creator folder (delete the one that's already there) then create a txpk file using the tool and put that into the txpk folder in AshesMods.

If you don't follow the basic instructions it wont work.

gamu

Club Captain
You don't put the txpk folder into AshesMods. You put it into the TXPK Creator folder (delete the one that's already there) then create a txpk file using the tool and put that into the txpk folder in AshesMods.

If you don't follow the basic instructions it wont work.

And the Boundary ropes will be available only for the user created grounds only? or it will be available in licensed grounds also?

Spoobir

And the Boundary ropes will be available only for the user created grounds only? or it will be available in licensed grounds also?

Yes, created grounds only. Messing with the default stadiums is incredibly finicky and time-consuming unfortunately.

ashar rizwan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
fUbgkD9.jpg
UL9JAeG.png

Do anyone knows how to do these in Ashes cricket???

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Spoobir Got to say these mods look great in-game, loving the Nat West pack.
Can I ask what program you use to edit the dds files? And do you know where the outfield files are (I'd love to have some 'patchy' looking outfields).
Thanks again though, top stuff :thumbs

Spoobir

@Spoobir Got to say these mods look great in-game, loving the Nat West pack.
Can I ask what program you use to edit the dds files? And do you know where the outfield files are (I'd love to have some 'patchy' looking outfields).
Thanks again though, top stuff :thumbs

I use Adobe Photoshop with an Nvidia DDS Plugin.

Outfield grass is located in data-0.blobset\convant2-temp-intermediate\textures\grass\low

The problem you might have is due to the way the texture is applied (squares of the same texture repeating many times over the outfield) it could be hard to get a true patchy look as the bare patches will appear uniformly across the whole field. I'd be interested to see if you can get it looking good though.

The pitch is rendered the same way, which is why they look a bit dull, and then wear/cracks etc are overlayed on the top.

Spoobir

@Llewelynf @Spoobir Can you guys please tell me how to do logo import and direct dds editing???I want to make logos more clear..

Logos are located in \data-0.blobset\convant2-temp-intermediate\ui\club_logos.

I would guess you'll have to replace the logos in every one of those folders. Create a \ui\club_logos path with each folder inside Ashes Mods then put the logos you want to edit in there.

For DDS editing the best free software is probably Gimp with this plugin.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Logos are located in \data-0.blobset\convant2-temp-intermediate\ui\club_logos.

I would guess you'll have to replace the logos in every one of those folders. Create a \ui\club_logos path with each folder inside Ashes Mods then put the logos you want to edit in there.

For DDS editing the best free software is probably Gimp with this plugin.
I looked at doing it. There are a lot of logos on this version that will need to be replaced and I couldn't be arsed. :lol

Paint.net is good for DDS files, particularly simple replacing, a bit easier to get to grips than Gimp too.

@ashar rizwan

Spoobir

I couldn't be arsed. :lol

Same here, I also think the logo quality is generally a lot better in Ashes than in DBC17 so it's not as jarring. Plus I don't like how you can't move or resize the DDS logo if you put it on a shirt/cap so the SVGs are superior in that respect.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Same here, I also think the logo quality is generally a lot better in Ashes than in DBC17 so it's not as jarring. Plus I don't like how you can't move or resize the DDS logo if you put it on a shirt/cap so the SVGs are superior in that respect.
Especially the DDS logos have a tendency to wander off centre on caps or helmets. You can replace with an SVG but for me, more than quality, the bigger advantage is reducing logo numbers.

Spoobir

Now that they've actually been used in some games, here is the 2nd version of my England 2018 T20 and ODI kit pack.

uybPeWp.png

Changes:
-Tweaked colours of both kits
-Added correct T20 Cap
-Added normal maps for the caps

Installation instructions included in the readme notedpad.

Cheers and enjoy! :cheers

Attachments

• Eng_2018_V2.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread