The Zimbabwean Diary.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi. I'm the managers of Zimbabwe Stick XI, Zoraxdoom. This is my diary, where I will post screens, scores, updates, interviews, etc. Don't expect it to be regular, or pretty, or even on topic. It's my diary, I'll do what I like :p

Firstly, a warmup against Bangla. Told the boys to take it easy, and not to go too hard on the poor Tigers. After restricing them to 247/9 off thier 15 overs, we chased it down in 13.4 overs. It was quite a stroll for the boys. Taylor anchored the innings with 145 off 40 balls, with 14 fours and 11 sixes, and Ferreira finished the match with a flurry of sixes, with 104 off 42 balls, with 8 forus and 10 sixes. The bowlers seemd toothless and we got there without even trying.
After the warmup, I decided to announce our playing XI:

T.Mufambisi (+)
C.Chibhabha
H.Masakadza
B.Taylor
S.Matsikenyeri
E.Chigumbura
P.Rinke
P.Utseya (*)
A.Ireland
E.Rainsford
T.Kamungozi

Ferreira was unlucky to miss out on the cut, as was B.Mahwire who bowled well for returns of 3-0-34-2 in the warmup. But this seems like a good balanced lineup, with a good seam attack in Rainsford, Ireland, Chigumbura and some good spinners in Utseya and Kamungozi.
We go into this as underdogs, but are ready to pull of a few upsets on the way!!

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Warmup against Stick India announced!!​
Twenty20 match for charity​

Zoraxdoom has announced a friendly match against India prior to the Stick Cricket League.
"We felt it would be a good warmup, and it is for a good cause"
All the profits will go to the Superthread Mental Institution, where a large number of PC members are currently being treated.

The lineups announced are:

Stick India
V.Sehwag
MS Dhoni (+)
S.Tendulkar
Y.Singh
R.Dravid (*)
S.Raina
I.Pathan
A.Agarkar
H.Singh
M.Patel
RP Singh

Stick Zimbabwe
T.Mufambisi (+)
C.Chibhabha
H.Masakadza
B.Taylor
S.Matsikenyeri
E.Chigumbura
P.Rinke
P.Utseya (*)
A.Ireland
E.Rainsford
T.Kamungozi

Here we are, live with Richie Benaud! Here is the latest from the Stickcricket CG:

So, Zimbabwe have elected to field. Interesting decsion, especially for a Twenty20. But the pitch has some grass, and a few cracks on it. Might not be a bad decision.
And the openers have made their way out. It will be Dhoni and Sehwag to open the innings, two destructive batsmen who can hit the ball far and wide. The young speedster Eddy Rainsford will be opening the bowling. This should be a good one.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
India bundled out for 151!

Chigumbura takes four as seamers destroy Stick India!

A terrible batting performance saw India skittled out for a meager 151 off 12 overs.
Rainsford and Ireland started off expensively, with Sehwag and Dhoni taking the attack to them. However, Rainsford struck back and removed them both with sharp inswingers that sent thier stumps flying.
Sachin looked in brilliant form, carting India's highest score of 35 off just 13 balls with 3 fours and 2 sixes. However, he was outfoxed by a brilliant indipper from Ireland, a wicket the young man is sure to cherish.
Dravid, Yuvi and Raina all made contributions, but none went on to build. Yuvi holed out to the deep, and Raina was done in by a fantastic reflex catch from Chigumbura. But Dravid, one of the finest players of spin in the world, was outdone by a fantastic flipper from Kamungozi when he was looking good. The tail folded rather meekly after that, despite a fighting knock from Agarkar.
The Zimbabweans were brilliant in the field, leaping about and diving like Portugese football stars to save valuable runs. A fine team effort all over, they should be able to chase it over.

India - 151 a/o (Tendulkar 35, Dravid 23, Sehwag 23, Chigumbura 4/11, Rainsford 3/50)
Zimbabwe require 152 runs to win off 120 balls at 7.6 RPO.

Rain plays spoilsport!

Match abandoned as Zimbabwe close in on win against India!

The charity Twenty20 match between India and Zimbabwe ends without a result as the Weather Gods decided that it was about time they intervened. Zimbabwe were on the verge of pulling off a major upset before it started pouring. They even battled on in the rain, but when Chibhabha fell due to not being able to see through the thick rain, the umpires decided to come off. The match was abandoned after it was realised that the ground staff had no covers. ("Dude, covering pitches! That's a brilliant idea! We should try that out sometime man! Thanks bro!").
Unfortunately for the Zimbabweans, the minimum of 7 overs had not been played out to ensure a D/L calculation.
The Zimbabweans started of very aggressively, Mufambisi clubbing two sixes in Pathan's first over! Both the seamers struggled to grip the ball due to the dew and light drizzle, and Mufambisi feasted off that in a blazing 31 off 14 balls. He fell to a brilliant return catch by Pathan after failing to read a fine slower ball. Masakadza was into the act immediately, clubbing Pathan for a massive 6 over midwicket. However, Pathan did manage to clean him up with a delivery that skidded due to the wet pitch. Chibhabha was playing terrificly, striking the ball all over, and struck Ajit for two boundaries in a row despite the heavy rains. But Agarkar got one to skid and dip and keep low the next ball, and Chamu edged it with Dhoni standing up to the stumps. The players went off after that strike, with Chigumbura and Matsinkenyeri the striking batsmen.
"A dissapointing result" commented the Zimbabwean Snake's manager Zoraxdoom. "We felt we were in it, and could have won before the rains interrupted. I guess we'll just have to do better in our next warmup, whenever that is"

India - 151 a/o (Tendulkar 35, Dravid 23, Sehwag 23, Chigumbura 4/11, Rainsford 3/50)
Zimbabwe - 82/3 (Mufambisi 31, Pathan 2/44, Agarkar 1/38)

Match Abandoned

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Zim were well set on victory but lucky Ind :)
Good work of Rain Zorax :happy

sid_19840

International Coach
Nice rain effect with MS Paint.A good diary thus far.How come you manage to take those screenshots while playing the game,must have been a bother?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Kinda was actually. Had to bowl the ball, then keep one finger on PrintScreen and the other on the arrows. Then after getting a good shot, had to stop the game, and post it into MS Paint and do the editing, etc.

Thanks though :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Warmup against Stick Australia announced!!​
Twenty20 match for "The heck of it" announced.​

The Zimbabwean Snakes manager Zoraxdoom has announced a friendly warmup against the Aussie "Just for the heck of it".
ZD was quoted as saying, "We had some free time, they had some free time, we could use the warmup, so we said, why the heck not?"
The match is scheduled to be played "Whenever we feel up to it" at the StickCricket CG. The Aussies go into this strong favourites. but the Snakes are sure going to put up one heck of a fight.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
It seems Zim might turn as mighty Aussies in this stick cricket league :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
We here a Dontgiveacrap TV, have just received some breaking, and frankly disturbing, news.

Zimbabwean Snakes manager Zoraxdoom has decided his team could use a bit of batting practice prior to there Twenty20 warmup against the Aussies. A 'Warmup to the Warmup' if you will. Therefore, he has invited 5 legendary bowlers to bowl to his lineup, 2 overs a piece.

However, the disturbing part is that the 'legends' in name were Andy Roberts, Waqar Younis, Alan Donald, Abdul Quadir and Angus Fraser, all of whom were a tad past their pomp. And they weren't so much 'invited' as 'kidnapped' early morning, and weren't released till later that day until they agreed to bowl.

We were given an anonymous phone call, and told to arrive over at StickCricket Zimbabwe CG. We got a crew there as fast as we could, and found 5 slightly dissheveld and sweating middle-aged men, and this scorecard, as well as a note, reading:
"Just as a warning to Stick Australia and to all the other teams. If we can put up 263 runs in 10 overs, imagine what we can do in 20. We shall crush you, whenever we meet that is"

Several phone calls, SMSs, E-mails, letters, and messenger pidgeons have been sent to Zoraxdoom, but in vain as he has refused to comment, saying, "These 5 men are obviously senile, you just have to here the comments and remarks they make on the game today. And have you heard Waqar commentate?"

What really happened there, I guess we shall not know. All we have is an anonymous phone call, 5 senile former cricketing greats, a scorecard, and an unsigned note made of cut up newspapers. Was this really an insane warmup cooked up by Zoraxdoom, or a prank by the ever so frightened Aussies? More news to follow as soon as we bother.

Attachments

• warmup to warmup.JPG
    warmup to warmup.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
"We aren't Scared" proclaim terrified Aussies

The Australian skipper has come out and said that "We are not afraid of Zimbabwe Stick XI." However, it didn't seem very convincing as he was quivering and drenched in sweat, stuttering like a mad man on dope.
"Bu..but unfortunately, a..as the league as started, we have to c..c..call this off. *Phew* I am dissapointed that we couldn't get a chance to crush those Zimbabweans."
The Zimbabwean Snakes manager has said "We are dissapointed too, but the league has started, and it's time for us to impress here. This is serious"
Zimbabwe are slotted in at Group 'B' with Brett_Lee_, Darren1979 and kush_t.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Zimbabwean Snakes cream 270/0 in vain!!
Stubborn scorer refuses to submit massive total.

Well what do you know. I...um, we, score my second highest score ever, and the scorer refuses to submit it! The cheek! His excuse, a lame:
"Unable to load you username. Please check that you are still online"
Pathetic! I find out later that he is an Aussie...no wonder.
Well, we couldn't persuade him no matter what. I guess we should beg before we beat him to a pulp...

Not the greatest note to start this on, but we WILL win this!!

Attachments

• 270.JPG
    270.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 52

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Thank you for watching Dontgiveacrap TV.

lol :rtfl :laugh

Zimbabwe coached by Zorax is looking stronger than Aussies ;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Zimbabwe post 289!!
289!!!
I made frigging 289!!
No screenshot, tried that earlier today when I hit six sixes off Donald (:eek: :)!), but the comp froze :mad: No prob, I repeated it :)
289/5!!! Quadir killed me, took all 5 wickets :eek:
Batting scores:
Mufambisi 103 - Caugh at midwicket off the pull to Qadir
Chibhabha 144 - Bowled off the flighty sweeping delivery :(
Masakadza 0 - Very next ball after Mufambisi, same way :mad
Taylor 22*
Matsikenyeri 0 - Again next ball, of that Goddamn pull! :mad:
Chigumbura 0 - Hattrick :( Caught on the cut this time!
Rinke - 21*, off 4 balls (3 to start with by Taylor, 6, 6, 6, 3 off the final over, Taylor ended it with 6 :))
:D:D
Unbelievable! Bowling wise:

Roberts 2-0-65-0 :)
Waqar 2-0-62-0 Beh, okay :p
Donald 2-0-66-0 :D Last over, 30 runs, first was 36 :D All of Mufambisi :) Really kick started things.
Fraser 2-0-69-0 :D 34 :(, then 36 :)
Quadir 2-1(?)-27-5! A hattrick off his last 3 balls...

First ten overs, They had 60 a piece (Well, Chibhabha 67, Mufambisi 60). Then Mufamisi blasted to 96! Chibhabha hit his century off Fraser (34 off the over), then Mufambisi hit a 4, 3 off Qadir, Chibhabha a 4 and 3 too, then 2 wickets in two balls :( Qadir 2-14 at this stage. Then 36 (!) for Chibhabha, taking him to 144. Next over started well. 6, 4, 3 -all for Taylor- then the hattrick :(
But, Rinke and Taylor killed off Donald well enough. Could have made 300 :(
But Rinke ended it well :) And Chibhabha killed Fraser again :)
Now this is all off the top of my head, I was in such a rush I submitted it before I could re-check the score. Infact, I just typed the scoreboard and am typing off memory of ball per ball. I know that Chibhabha made 144 and Mufambisi was 60 after the first ten. The rest is unsure. But this must be a fluke. I could time the seamers perfectly, but Qadir :eek: My comp was going slow, that pull became impossible! Quite a fluke, let me see if I can do it again...
Due to technical difficulties (Ok, we were just lazy, deal with it) there were no screenshots. All we have are these words (Boy, does he ever shut up?) from the flustered coach after the 'remarkable' performance.

Thank you for watching Dontgiveacrap TV.

Users who are viewing this thread