Story Titan Cup 1996: Reliving the exciting glory!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ok guys, Cricket 2004 leaves me bored playing it but at the same time leaves me bored without playing it. So, I have decided that its better to get bored playing it rather than not playing it. But I dont wish to get into this test matches as it is tough to keep updating day to day scores. So, its going to be just One day series.

99801614.jpg

The India-Pakistan-Australia mega series is still on but its put on hold since its a test series. Instead, I have decided to re-live the classic Titan Cup 1996 between India,Australia and South Africa. Titan Cup 1996 was a fantastic humdinger of a series where India won the trophy beating South Africa in the final. South Africa, the then unofficial one day champions won all matches only to lose the final to India courtesy some great batting by Jadeja and good bowling from the Indian bowlers.

Here is the schedule of the tournament

• South Africa vs India - Pune
  • Australia vs South Africa - Calcutta
  • Australia vs India - Bangalore {D/N}
  • South Africa vs India - New Delhi
  • Australia vs South Africa - Chennai {D/N}
  • India vs Australia - Pune
  • India vs South Africa - Chennai {D/N}
  • Australia vs South Africa - Mumbai
  • India vs Australia - Calcutta {D/N}
  • Final - Mumbai {D/N}

Rules:

4 points awarded on a victory
0 points awarded on defeat
2 points awarded to each team on a tie
In case of a rained out match, if the match is rained off after the 25th over of the second innings, then the total of both teams at 25 overs is taken and the team with the better score wins!

Net Run Rate:

Run rate: Total score/total no. of overs (50 or 49)

Net Run rate = (Run rate of batting team) - (Run rate of opposition team)

I will soon create the rosters of the same teams and will start the series immediately! Stay tuned! Hope all enjoy the series.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ok, since it would take me up a lot of time there to create each squad, I will go with the latest India, Australia and South Africa squads for this series.

India vs South Africa to start in another few hours!

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeh sai you should have had dazza create the right kits and make the new rosters to make it more authentic. otherwise its not really the 1996 cup is it

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
MWaugh said:
yeh sai you should have had dazza create the right kits and make the new rosters to make it more authentic. otherwise its not really the 1996 cup is it

ok, i will change it from match 2. bear with me. i will PM dazza on this.. but getting a picture of the kits is terribly tough.. i searched through the whole net but couldnt get the pics of the Titan Cup

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
MWaugh said:

i am restarting the game.. i am in the process of creating the same squads (India, Australia and South Africa) who played in this titan cup series.. i have PM'ed dazza to make me the kits of the Titan Cup and I got some pictures of it which I have sent to him. So you all can expect an exact replica of the Titan Cup here soon!

Updated the rules of the tournament in the first post! Thanks to Siddarth (m_vaughan) for explaning the rules (during the Adidas Tri Series!)

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Squads for India, Australia

Here is the Indian squad of 16 going to take part in the Titan Cup clash against Australia and South Africa. Sachin Tendulkar captains the side.

Indian squad:

Sachin Tendulkar (captain)
Saurav Ganguly
Mohammed Azharrudin
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Sanjay Manjrekar
Rahul Dravid
Sujith Somasunder
Ajay Jadeja
Robin Singh
Nayan Mongia
Pankaj Dharmani
Anil Kumble
Sunil Joshi
Javagal Srinath
Venkatesh Prasad
Aashish Kapoor

Australian Squad of 14:

Mark Taylor (captain)
Micheal Bevan
Steve Waugh
Micheal Slater
Mark Waugh
Stuart Law
Ricky Ponting
Brad Hogg
Ian Healy
Adam Gilchrist
Paul Reiffel
Glen Mc Grath
Jason Gillespie
Damien Fleming

Completed the Indian and Australian squad rosters! If anyone is interested in these individual team rosters, here it is. Note: Only One day international stats updated! Test match stats not updated.

Attachments

• India & Australia - Titan Cup 1996.zip
    506 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:

dazza1974

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
australia kit. please note i only found 1 small photo so im not 100% sure how accurate it is.

Attachments

• aus.jpg
    aus.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 232
  • aus titan cup.zip
    367.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
dazza1974 said:
australia kit. please note i only found 1 small photo so im not 100% sure how accurate it is.

Thanks a lot for working on it dazza.. But the yellow color in the Aussie Titan Cup kit is of bright yellow. Here is the hex code for that bright yellow color on the Aussie kit

Code:
#FFF200

Can you use this yellow color for the overall yellow in the kit that you've made?

Users who are viewing this thread