FTP: Tournament organiser wanted

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Anyone interested in running FTP friendly tournament for PC? If someone has credits and wants to make a friendly comp that would be great else a comp like what we do for BT would be good. If you are interested in running the comp PM or post here. If we get it running I'll look at getting 1 million vCash for the winner.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would be glad to help out Aussie1st. The problem arises though, in that 'From The Pavilion' haven't issued me a team yet. So I'm basically useless at the moment. Sorry.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I would but I don't have any credits. Wanderer might do it. I would have won membership from him if I beat him in the 5 match OD series against him but I lost. So he might do it if you ask him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well we don't need the credits, that would be the ideal way but we can always use some fixture generator to generate the fixture and then the host can do the tables in excel or something.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Well we don't need the credits, that would be the ideal way but we can always use some fixture generator to generate the fixture and then the host can do the tables in excel or something.

I would do that. If you can set me up with an account that'd be sweet. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I wouldn't sign up again. Normally it takes around 4 days at longest. I just can't work out the net run rate so I won't be able to do it anyway. Unless it's a knockout tournament.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well Spinksy has offered to help so you two can split the duties. Here is what I sent him in regards to what is involved.

• Find out who is interested
  • What format they want
  • Which day (Thur or Sat)
  • Setup the fixtures
  • Check people have organised their friendly
  • Check the results of those friendlies
  • Make a table of the results.

Maxkarter does the BT one so he can tell you what he does with the fixtures and tables.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
Well Spinksy has offered to help so you two can split the duties. Here is what I sent him in regards to what is involved.

• Find out who is interested
  • What format they want
    [*]Which day (Thur or Sat)
  • Setup the fixtures

Maxkarter does the BT one so he can tell you what he does with the fixtures and tables.

It's on Thur or Sun... I will play in this tournament. It is only possible on Sundays. I am playing in a Friendly Competition which in on Thursday. Most people are now in Pavilion Cup or have been kicked out in last 1-2 weeks. So they are free on Sundays. They might have been in any friendly competition. World Champions and Handsome have teams in FTP. Try to convince them.

Wanderers added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I would do that. If you can set me up with an account that'd be sweet. :p

Give me your details about FTP Signing up. I sign up for you and give you team...

Last edited:

Spinksy

School Cricketer

• [*]Find out who is interested
  • What format they want
    [*]Which day (Thur or Sat)
    [*]Setup the fixtures

I have a fixture generator so the fixtures shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Finding out who's interested could be fairly easy depending on how it's approached. I mean, if you can make and announcement on the forum saying that we're looking for people who are interested to participate in a From The Pavilion Tournament then that'll help a lot And when we have a certain amount of people interested someone can stick a poll up and ask a simple question of whether or not it'd be easier for the tournament to be run on Sundays, or Thursdays. Yes?

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
This is good idea to make a poll. I will bring some FTP managers here...

Spinksy

School Cricketer
This is good idea to make a poll. I will bring some FTP managers here...

If Aussie1st reads his Visitor Messages and approves my inquiry, then I'll have a thread in which I can set things up and what not. Add the poll to the thread, get interest going, add fixtures etc.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Find out who is interested - I'm getting there on that one. It's been decided that the maximum amount of teams allowed into the tournament is 16. Currently we have 3 teams in; Aussie1st's team, Wanderers team and Blake's team.

What format they want - There has been a poll set up in another thread in the 'Management Games and Online Cricket' sub-forum about the arising questions for this tournament. One of which is what format people want the tournament to be held in. Format Status: Pending.

Which day (Thur or Sund) - For convenience reasons, the Tournament will be held on Sunday.

Setup the fixtures - The fixtures cannot be full set up without the format of the tournament or the amount of teams being final. So for now not a lot can be said on this other than that I shall be organising the fixtures.

Check people have organised their friendly - This will be done. Like most of the things happening in the tournament though it'll depends on the number of teams and the format of the tournament.

Check the results of those friendlies - Same thing as above it'll depends on other things. I'll be doing this as well unless I'm unavailable. Then, someone else will step in for the required length of time.

Make a table of the results - Once again, I'll be doing this. If I'm unavailable the same thing should and will apply. I will be doing this in Microsoft Excel 2003 for the time being.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I've got 1 friend at my school who does play FTP. Although, the only friendly I have played against him was at the start of last season where I beat him by 269 runs. His ratings for his last match were 85,092. I've asked him to join here so hopefully he will come and join this tournament.

@ Spinksy. How about I check that people have organised their friendlies and check the results of their friendlies and you can do the other stuff.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
I've got 1 friend at my school who does play FTP. Although, the only friendly I have played against him was at the start of last season where I beat him by 269 runs. His ratings for his last match were 85,092. I've asked him to join here so hopefully he will come and join this tournament.

@ Spinksy. How about I check that people have organised their friendlies and check the results of their friendlies and you can do the other stuff.

That would be helpful. As I don't actually have a team I'm not too sure how I can figure half of this stuff out. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread