Trains

G

Gilchrist

I am a real fan of trains. Modern trains are my favourite, I have been to England 5 times(I am only 13) And I have been on the The Fast Brown Trains, and the Slow Brown Trains, those were the two trains I went on. Anyway, who else is a fan of trains?

Last edited by a moderator:

James219

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I'm a train fan, cityrail are a class service! *cough cough*
Do you have relatives in England or something? Also, I disagree; I'd love to board a steam train ;)
Anyway, I get the train to and from school, and they're not too bad, although the stations are pretty dodgy. I hear the systems in France are really, um, efficient....

Ste

Executive member
Im not a fan of trains being late or having to get buses replacement services which take the longest route possible and stop at every single stop!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They're cool, I'd much prefer sitting in a train than a bus. But I hardly ever train these days since I drive all over the place. But it was good using the Train systems around the world not so great in NZ.

sid_19840

International Coach
The local train service at my city is always too crowded and you barely get time to even get down a station or get up on the train,hence its not exactly something I fancy.I like the metro train in the city though as its much faster,normally however I prefer travelling by car.

James219

International Cricketer
Honestly? Well I suppose it is pretty small.....
Were you originally from Sydney?
Anyway, there's been massive public protests with the punctuality of Sydney train services over the last few years, and ever since the introduction of the new timetable, it's been decent. The idea is to reduce the amount of trains in order to achieve a realistic goal, as constraints such as the shortage of train drivers had to be addressed. Trains were frequently cancelled, and arriving late to school was a way of life....

G

Gilchrist

No, mate. Just because I am a NSW maniac, sadly doesn't mean I was born in NSW...

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
The local train service at my city is always too crowded and you barely get time to even get down a station or get up on the train,hence its not exactly something I fancy.I like the metro train in the city though as its much faster,normally however I prefer travelling by car.

too true.
In delhi, except metros(which are amazing) , the local trains are total chaos.
I still remember my experience.
I got into one to reach central station.The bogey was fulled to the brim, hence I hanged out till the next stop.There I finally pushed my way inside.
Some dumb villager thought that my big shoulders were for his comfort and puts his head on it.Another thought that my shirt is his towel, another......

In short, It was hell.Never went into that thing again.

Sureshot

Executive member
James219 said:
Yeah, I'm a train fan, cityrail are a class service! *cough cough*
Do you have relatives in England or something? Also, I disagree; I'd love to board a steam train ;)
Anyway, I get the train to and from school, and they're not too bad, although the stations are pretty dodgy. I hear the systems in France are really, um, efficient....

They chase drivers with Garlic.... ;)

Trains here are very reliable (Sussex), got a new bunch lately, very clean, quiet and fast.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
I wonder if the trains in India you describe are the typical sterotype we see over here where people are literally hanging off the train and on the roof......

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
In Chennai(in India) there is a train called Flying Train(for local services)!!!! ;)
It will not fly.... :D but it will move on tracks which is built above the road...i.e like travelling in bridges!!!!

Since tracks are built above the road..its called Flying train!!!!
:happy :happy :happy

embi

International Coach
Ste said:
Im not a fan of trains being late or having to get buses replacement services which take the longest route possible and stop at every single stop!

The English rail system is a long running joke... :D

To be fair, they have been improving...

JamesyJames3

International Coach
The English rail system is pretty good to be fair! The only thing that is a joke is the price!!

Users who are viewing this thread