Transmission Closes Down

P

pcfan123

Hopefully this is not true. These guys actually put out a decent cricket game. Hope we are not in for another 3 year drought.

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does the whole game rely on Transmission though? Not sure as i`m not AC09 savvy :p Doesnt Codies do some of the work as well? So AC Can still survive right?

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Does the whole game rely on Transmission though? Not sure as i`m not AC09 savvy :p Doesnt Codies do some of the work as well? So AC Can still survive right?

With a new developer, yes. But that is not good news, AC09 was a decent game, that would of got better after each release(compare Fifa 07 to 10, non PC).

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know Heroes over Europe isn't a big success but come on, AC09 was a huge hit amonsgt cricketing nations.

You guys reckon' DarkBoyBlunder will give us any news about the situation?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But seriously. The more things like this happen in Australian within our gaming industry the more I hate the subjects I'm doing at Uni at the moment. Looks like jobs of that sort are going to be scarce.

Sigh. I guess their will always be Commerce.

Highlander999

ICC President
You see this is what happens when so many people pirate games these days. I am willing to bet if people didn't steal games and the developers got all the momey back, this wouldn't have happened. They'll be people on this forum who did pirate this game. Hope you feel happy that you contributed to this....:sarcasm

King Cricket

International Coach
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it to be some kind of a joke. But after going through the links...God! This is indeed a real shocker of a news! The Transmission team who developed AC09 looked to have a hell lot of potential, and don't forget that this is the first time some cricket game developer actually listened to all our feedbacks, and worked accordingly for the betterment of the game. Oh well, I guess this will serve as a full stop to all the AC09 patches. :noway Feeling quite heart broken right now.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Hey wait a second, doesn't Heath Smith from Transmission games have an account here? Why don't you guys send him a PM asking about this and the future of AC09?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Guess that PS3 can wait a bit now.

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Hey wait a second, doesn't Heath Smith from Transmission games have an account here? Why don't you guys send him a PM asking about this and the future of AC09?

Well maybe he was one of the people who was laid off. Anyway they wouldn't be able to produce a patch for PS3 and 360 as it needs to go through Codemasters and be officially confirmed etc. I think.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it to be some kind of a joke. But after going through the links...God! This is indeed a real shocker of a news! The Transmission team who developed AC09 looked to have a hell lot of potential, and don't forget that this is the first time some cricket game developer actually listened to all our feedbacks, and worked accordingly for the betterment of the game. Oh well, I guess this will serve as a full stop to all the AC09 patches. :noway Feeling quite heart broken right now.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

same here mate, dont know whats next.. thank good we got the beta patchs atlest. but i feel for all the good people who lost their jobs.. hope they'l find new ones soon

Users who are viewing this thread