4.use magic wand it helps

tut4.png

5.find the right logo and paste it to HudImages

tut6.png

6.make it 4 mipmaps and Dxt3

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
TV Overlay tutorial.

Ok, this is gonna be a wuite big tutorial so make sure you have some time to read it :p.

You need:
Photoshop/Photoediting software
.DDS Plug-in
Some images/ or color scheme of your overlay
Baggi Studios/ Bag importer

In this tut i'll show you how I made my Channel 9 overlay.

1. Open your photoediting software and open Hudimages.dds from your Gamedata.bag:

Stage1.jpg

2. The first part, the 6 bars on the left hand side. Using the rectangle tool go over them so it looks something like this:

Stage2.jpg

You can bevel or use any effects if you need to.

3. Now for the channel logo. Add this to the right hand side of the 5 bar down.the will mean it will appear on the top of scorecards etc:

Stage3.jpg

4. Next is the scoreboard. This is half-way down the overlay on the right, and is pretty easy to find. Fill it with a rectangle of the color you need and bevel/effect it to how you need it:

Stage4.jpg

5. Next for the back ground for the scorecard. The is the color behind the players name and figures. Color the part shown on the screenie shown below (It makes sense to bevel it aswell):

Stage5.jpg

6. Now for the fielding/confidence/ball-speed bars. All you have to do is make a rectangle over them using the gradient tool and the transparency does the rest:

Stage6.jpg

7. Now to save it. Save it as .PSD first incase you need to keep layer to move them around. Save it as .DDS with these settings:

Stage7.jpg

That's about it, so get started making them :).

Drewska.

hasun300

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
man i am suprised i already made tutorial first why do you have to make it :confused:

hasun300

Club Cricketer
well you could also do it with photoshop i did it with imageready because my photoshop trial run out

andy82

Club Cricketer
why the lack of detail, any n00bs who wanted to try it out wouldn't have the slightest clue.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
This is for people having problems with the layout, attached below are two pictures you should get the gist of it. The two sides have to match up and I had a few problems with it.

Attachments

• Layout.PNG
    Layout.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 401
  • layout2.PNG
    layout2.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 351

andy82

Club Cricketer
Hondey: Is it possible to change the colour of the black (lower opacity) part of the overlay. EG: Behind the writing part on scorecard, bowler introduction etc.

and also could you show which is which on every part on the template

Users who are viewing this thread