TV Series General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m going to go against the grain and say that I actually liked She-Hulk’s third episode. The first two did not quite land for me as they felt like the standard Marvel fare of setting things up for a future but the third episode served to finish telling an overarching plot line at least. Plus some actual courtroom stuff was nice to see.

I think people are missing the point of the current MCU directive with regards to TV shows too. They don’t exist to serve HBO quality products but to be above average/good enough to bring subscribers to Disney+ first and foremost as a streaming service using the brand name of Marvel. It is a bit like Netflix’s own aim with having many average shows in different genres over a select few quality ones but with a more narrowed focus compared to them. With how demanding the schedules are and with how limited creativity can be to maintain tonal and lore consistency I doubt most of these shows are going to ever be on the level of say Expanse or Arcane let alone GoT or Breaking Bad.

She-Hulk’s a nice choice for a TV show personally, you get to indulge in more cameos, more jokes (as if the MCU needs more quips) and the character seems nicely set up for a TV show format. It basically feeds into the strengths of the MCU and has the excuse of ‘well, that’s just what our character is all about!’ if someone comes along and accuses it of being formulaic or derivative.

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wonder what you liked about the show as I absolutely despised it by the end. It butchers the source material, has terrible writing and some of the story elements are very questionable to say the least.
Agree with you. I couldn't bare some episodes. Just expecting some good things from S2. hence, Okayish.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyone seen the Netflix series 'Sandman'? It's about how humans capture the 'God of Dreams' and story flow thereon.

1662303111915.png

I thought they started off well, but it seems like they've crammed 3-4 seasons worth of content into one season. The storyline seems to change every 3 episodes and they could have done with better screen writing ,I guess.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Anyone seen the Netflix series 'Sandman'? It's about how humans capture the 'God of Dreams' and story flow thereon.

View attachment 269972

I thought they started off well, but it seems like they've crammed 3-4 seasons worth of content into one season. The storyline seems to change every 3 episodes and they could have done with better screen writing ,I guess.
I suppose that's how it was intended to always be like. Neil Gaiman, the creator of the comics is directly involved. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit that this is how he wanted the show to be like.

Neil Gaiman allegedly leaked a script for a movie that was going to be based on this years ago. It'd be hard for me to imagine that he would've hated how this was paced when he leaked the script for the previous adaptation of his work.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The minor flaws aside,it still makes for some intriguing viewing. I was hooked onto it and wasn't able to stray away tbh. There are still a few unanswered questions though, which would hopefully be answered shortly.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

View attachment 269972

It was pretty awesome, I get what youre saying about the changing storyline, in a way though its part of a major plot for the whole season that foreshadowed season 2 plot.

Streaming Cobra Kai season 5, hoping Sam turns evil!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Watched Cobra Kai season 5 and it was great, I love Terry Silver as a villain.
Apparently season 6 will be last which will be sad because I am loving this show so far.

Cobra Kai (season 5) - Wikipedia

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Watched Cobra Kai season 5 and it was great, I love Terry Silver as a villain.
Apparently season 6 will be last which will be sad because I am loving this show so far.

View attachment 270335
Gutted to hear Season 6 would be the last. I missed the lack of character development this season as compared to the past seasons, though each character had subtle story lines and development. Still an awesome season! The fight scenes were very good.

You caught the piece with StingRay playing Judas?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Gutted to hear Season 6 would be the last. I missed the lack of character development this season as compared to the past seasons, though each character had subtle story lines and development. Still an awesome season! The fight scenes were very good.

You caught the piece with StingRay playing Judas?
Haha yeah as a AEW fan seeing StingRay singing Judas was great.
I hope to see Hilary Swank in season 6 as she was in The Next Karate Kid, she can return to maybe train the students.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Just finished watching all three seasons of For All Mankind

As someone who loves space travel/exploration this show is fantastic. I almost gave up on it because I didn't like the first episode, but I'm glad I stuck with it because it is now one of my favourite shows.

1663118526925.png

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anybody watching the Rings of Power on Amazon? Thoughts?

I'm personally mixed about it from what I've seen so far. The show has some really great moments with a couple of interesting plotlines and some good characters but also has some equally terrible moments and contrived dialogue at times. And apparently they're deviating from the lore pretty awkwardly due to them not having the rights to the Silmarillon (The First Age stuff aka the cool parts). The effects and visuals are incredible though, almost blockbuster esque. Amazon's really gone all in on the show and it shows in terms of the production values. I love the genre and I hope it ends up being good eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread