TV Series General Discussion

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Looks like everyone should have the same taste.
Vegetable pulao for everyone from now on.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure where this fits but I watched Werewolf by Night (a Marvel special) and it was extremely well done. Probably one of the top three things they’ve done in this current phase of theirs. Giacchino deserves a chance at a bigger feature after that showing too.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Not sure where this fits but I watched Werewolf by Night (a Marvel special) and it was extremely well done. Probably one of the top three things they’ve done in this current phase of theirs. Giacchino deserves a chance at a bigger feature after that showing too.
Wanna grab a sushi with Ted?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Great, easy watching TV.

2JCD8vab3fircOU8cM2HJCxfv4I.jpg

Bevab

Staff Member
Only a miracle can save Matt now. They made joke out of Blonsky too. :neutral:
View attachment 271569

Brilliant!
View attachment 271570

Average.
View attachment 271571

Eh isn’t this how Matt Murdock is in the comics usually though? He isn’t a Batman incarnate like in the Netflix series other than when Miller wrote him and while that adaptation was absolutely remarkable I thought he was good in the new series too. He still had that down to earth quality and seriousness around him alongside the genuineness. He wasn’t anywhere near as quippy as most MCU characters are too, I thought the humour was well integrated for his character.

Calling one of the OG sci-fi films average is absolute blasphemy but I can understand why you feel that way.

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Eh isn’t this how Matt Murdock is in the comics usually though? He isn’t a Batman incarnate like in the Netflix series other than when Miller wrote him and while that adaptation was absolutely remarkable I thought he was good in the new series too. He still had that down to earth quality and seriousness around him alongside the genuineness. He wasn’t anywhere near as quippy as most MCU characters are too, I thought the humour was well integrated for his character.
Recently finished the Netflix's Daredevil, so that shift of character was quite absurd for me.
Ummmm excuse me? Average?? One of the greatest movies of all time. Definitely in my top 10 greatest movies ever made
Calling one of the OG sci-fi films average is absolute blasphemy but I can understand why you feel that way.
The Plot was Average*. The dark toned City ( especially the raining) and the CGI looked more alive than She-Hulk, I'll give full points to that.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
The Plot was Average*. The dark toned City ( especially the raining) and the CGI looked more alive than She-Hulk, I'll give full points to that.
You're comparing that to now. This movie basically invented the dark tone futuristic city, and every movie since copied this. You have to keep in mind this movie came out in 1982, of course the CGI effects will look dated. This movie along with Terminator invented the genres of tech noir.

Same with the plot, this movie was one of the first movies with an ambiguous ending where you didn't know weather the main character was a replicant or not by the end of the movie, the sequel basically ruined the ending of the original by revealing the answer. It was deliberately slow because there's so many little details that are in the world that you just came see on one watch through. Also the final speech by Roy about the tears in the rain, just absolutely heartbreaking. I didn't even know it had it's own wikipedia entry

Bevab

Staff Member
Recently finished the Netflix's Daredevil, so that shift of character was quite absurd for me.

I’m curious as to what didn’t click with the plot for you because for me it is one of the most thought provoking ones that I’ve come across. Bear in mind that this was one of the first movies in Western cinema to dabble in such lines and hence what may look derivative now is because multiple movies have chased similar themes or have been inspired by this one. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

As for Daredevil, yeah I can see why that would be jarring. I do believe that had it not been for the Netflix adaptation being so good we would have got a far more quippy version and I’m eternally grateful for the Netflix series due to that.

Bevab

Staff Member
You're comparing that to now. This movie basically invented the dark tone futuristic city, and every movie since copied this. You have to keep in mind this movie came out in 1982, of course the CGI effects will look dated. This movie along with Terminator invented the genres of tech noir.

Same with the plot, this movie was one of the first movies with an ambiguous ending where you didn't know weather the main character was a replicant or not by the end of the movie, the sequel basically ruined the ending of the original by revealing the answer. It was deliberately slow because there's so many little details that are in the world that you just came see on one watch through. Also the final speech by Roy about the tears in the rain, just absolutely heartbreaking. I didn't even know it had it's own wikipedia entry

I’ve watched the sequel twice and there’s no way it reveals the answer. On the contrary it poked fun at the question by continuing to be ambiguous especially when Joe directly asks Deckard and he doesn’t give a straight answer. There are other evidences too scattered here and there as to why he might not be one with how Joe is physically stronger (especially the capture scene when they react) while Deckard is captured and needs to be rescued. If anything I’d say that the original’s director’s cut is a lot more direct in revealing the answer with the unicorn origami and Ridley Scott has always said that he intended Deckard to be a replicant and shot the film in that way.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I’ve watched the sequel twice and there’s no way it reveals the answer. On the contrary it poked fun at the question by continuing to be ambiguous especially when Joe directly asks Deckard and he doesn’t give a straight answer. There are other evidences too scattered here and there as to why he might not be one with how Joe is physically stronger (especially the capture scene when they react) while Deckard is captured and needs to be rescued. If anything I’d say that the original’s director’s cut is a lot more direct in revealing the answer with the unicorn origami and Ridley Scott has always said that he intended Deckard to be a replicant and shot the film in that way.
I've only seen the sequel once, so maybe I'm misremembering. But I thought it was obvious that he was a replicant. Maybe I'm confusing it with the directors cut off the original movie where yeah the answer was obvious

Users who are viewing this thread