TV Series General Discussion

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread will be good for members to share their views on the story of TV Series they watch.

I personally watch all these

1. How I Met Your Mother
  2. Castle
  3. Two & Half Men
  4. The Vampire Diaries
  5. Eastbound & Down
  6. Big Bang Theory
  7. Better With You
  8. South Park
  9. Arrested Development

My favorite would be

1. HIMYM
  2. Castle
  3. Vampire Diaries
`

I love Sitcoms(comedy genre) and detective series. Any you all could suggest more in Detective series?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow. I watch so many TV series yet we have just two common series.( Two and a half men, Castle)
My favourite series are :
Fringe
Supernatural
true Blood
homeland
person of interest
Dexter
Spartacus
Game of thrones
walking dead
falling skies
Criminal minds
Lie to me.

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Dexter

Homeland

Walking Dead

Fringe

Person of Interest

Two and Half Men

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well, i started with the first episode of Supernatural and eventually slept. Did not get the plot tbh

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Dude... Give some time to Supernatural.. Its a crazy ride. Once oyu are hooked you'll be addicted :p
I'm on season 7 :eek:

RPHKR

National Board President
Man vs Wild
Time warp
The Amazing race
Survivorman
Storm chasers
Jodi no. 1 (Neo Cricket)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Entourage
Wizards of Waverly Place
Mumbai Calling

6ry4nj

International Coach
- Gimme Gimme Gimme (it's 10 years old but I'm seeing it for the first time atm)
- Bones (good dialogue, sometimes quirky characters and powerful insights more often than not, although a few too many cringeworthy moments for my liking)
- Gil Mayo Mysteries (5 years old and seeing it for the third time, but still enjoying it)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone who hasn't seen it, just make sure you get hold of Sopranos and watch the whole thing through. Then watch The Wire. Then watch Sopranos again :)

If it's all getting a bit tense, start watching some Entourage.

Good shout about Arrested Development. If people haven't heard of it the first series is genius.

If people are curious about a couple of comedies that also aren't that well advertised I'd highly recommend watching some Better Off Ted, which is a good satire of global corporations with a brilliant performance from Portia De Rossi, who is also in Arrested Development.

A British comedy that I was surprised didn't do better is How Not to Live Your Life. Try and start with the first series, you'll have to get over the fact the female lead is a terrible actress, but the 2nd series is probably the best one.

One final comedy that you can find on youtube, again with only 6 episodes made (the best comedies are always short series) is Nathan Barley. Satirical look at the culture of cool and with Chris Morris (Brass Eye) and Armando Iannuchi (absolutely everything good ever made) behind it, it's absolutely spot on, but definitely more of a niche appeal. Which actually reminds me, try and find the Armando Iannuchi show, he did something like 8 episodes, each one with a different title such as Morality or Work. Basically him just musing about things, but he is an absolute genius, and probably one of the most influencial and important men in British comedy.

It's worth saying, that if you don't think either Alan Partridge or Peep Show are funny, you probably won't enjoy most of what I recommended haha :)

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
With uni and all just watching Dexter. Brilliant show, great acting and good plots. If you dont know its based on a serial killer who targets murderers.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
I watch HIMYM, the Vampire Diaries, the Mentalist, the Secret Cirlce, Teen Wolf and the Pretty Little Liars. They all are quite awesome and I am completely addicted to it.. :P

6ry4nj

International Coach

Show is called "Big Babies"...

Quali'y!

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
I watch almost all the 8-9,9-10,10-11,11-12 pm slots on Star World!

So-
Lie To Me
Burn Notice
Criminal Minds
Dexter
Castle
Psych
How I met your mother
The big bang theory
Mellisa And Joey
Simpsons
The family guy