1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U-17 Fifa World Cup - India

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by CricketQ20, Oct 6, 2017.

1. CricketQ20 ICC Board Member

CricketQ20
    Lannisters
    So U-17 Fifa WC begins tomorrow and its a big deal for India as a football playing nation. First time ever India will play in a World Cup in football, first time ever India will host a Football event. Recent times with a good football structure and lot of younger generation interested in Football over Cricket has seen a rise. I am hoping India play well qualify for the next round.

India plays USA in the opener with 55000 people expected in the stadium which in my opinion is a big win for a country that worships only one sport Cricket.

zwarrior, Pinch hitter and Bigby Wolf thanked this.
  2. Pinch hitter National Board President

Pinch hitter
    RCB... Lannisters India
    AKA:
    Raghu
    I am watching today, India's first world cup game (@ 8.00pm IST)...

3. zwarrior Staff Member

zwarrior
    Fantasy Cricket Team The Amigos PlanetCricket Award Winner
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    RCB
    I went near the stadium in Assam. There were banners everywhere and looked good. As the OP said, it's a big moment for India.

CricketQ20 and Yash. thanked this.
  4. CricketQ20 ICC Board Member

CricketQ20
    Lannisters
    I feel we are almost there. I know it took a lot of time but with regards to Football, India will start doing good in coming years. The talent flow is good, we always had ok domestic structure but recent years its moved from OK to GOOD. Things will improve.

5. Dipak ICC Board Member

Dipak
    The Amigos
    I followed the U17 WC and I couldn't be more proud. Though we didn't get a point, we played really well for a country playing for the first time in a WC. We gave Colombia a run for their money and even scored our first WC Goal (U17 but it doesn't matter)

zwarrior said thanks for this.
  6. digiosmosis School Cricketer

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    Lets hope for the best that India will qualify for the main world cup too.