U19 Cricket World Cup (January - February) 2016

grkrama

National Board President
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Khan the same lad who played that famous cameo in IPL last year? If yes, he is supposed to be your best batsman, why is he batting too low?

He is one of the best batmsan in the line up with ishaan and pant, think they are using him to get runs down the order as he is one who can get going form the go as well as block it out!

This is some bowling from WI hope we see it out!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow, never thought India will be reduced to 6 down for 80 odd. Some spirited bowling from the Windies. They need it especially after the senior team is turning out to be a joke. Hopefully someone can hang in there with Sarfaraz and we can put up atleast a respectable score.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Despite having taken 6 wickets, I am not sure if bowling out both Joseph and Holder would work in our favor. Khan is still there, looking settled and by all means our fifth bowler will be bowling to him. If this does go till in the end, we might actually miss our main bowlers in last 5-6 overs.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Alright then! The big fish is gone. Just two more. C'mon lads! This is our day.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Drastic display with the bat but on SN Khan got past 50 which is a bad sign but our seamers are doing great there picked up two already in the tenth over for just 29. [HASHTAG]#BleedBlue[/HASHTAG]

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
If West Indies win this tournament, then I'll feel better for my team as they got knocked out by eventual winners.

On the other hand, it may cause controversies about how West Indies mankaded Zimbabwe to qualify for the knockouts.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
after lots of drama in seniors team, West Indies board must be happy with there u19 team... reaching final and performing great... but still it is any one game... 50 requires with 5 wickets in hand...

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Xye1bQz.png

:wi: WEST INDIES WIN THE 2016 UNDER-19 CRICKET WORLD CUP :wi:

CbKvWSdUYAEoK9u.jpg:large

-X-
[/THREAD]​

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Congrats to west Indians fans. Tough luck for Indians but coming to finals is itself a big thing.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm so happy that WI won. Looks like despite all the trouble in the board they can still bring out a group of youngsters that are theoretically the most promising in world cricket! I'd like to see a bunch of them playing for the countries and even West Indies A within the next year. Hopefully we can see a mini revival of WI cricket...

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Good to see a smile on Dravid's face despite most of the boys crying.Congo Windies,this would be a great news for them among all the controversies in the Senior team.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
This win is so priceless given how things have been for the senior team. Everyone has played top class cricket. Carty saved his best for the last. He played an innings which is more suitable to the Indian senior team captain Dhoni and by that I mean dragging the match to the very last. It might look boring but in match like we had tonight, it takes a lot of maturity to understand that if we go until the last over, we will win and to do that one has to do a lot of rotation of strike and not overdo the defensive tactic. I cannot describe how happy and proud I feel tonight. Top class match, top win, top team!

Time to play this age old song again!

grkrama

National Board President
Heart warming win by WI youngsters given the trouble in senior team & board, tough luck for us ind-19 but we did well in the match and throughout the tournament!

Also if there is one thing this tournament highlighted the most it was the even contest between bat and ball! Hopefully people notice this and INTL cricket returns to equal pitches instead of highway roads we see nowadays in AUS esp!

tbh i found this u-19 WC more engaging than the INTL matches going on now!

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Congrats West Indies, well deserved. It was a great performance from them. India played really well throughout the tournament so we should be proud of it. It was a brilliantly contested tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread