UM:Cricket park 2008 (NEW SCREENS)

Should it be called street or park

• Total voters

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Pads and gloves are usually maximum protection in street/urban cricket so they are pretty much needed although I think a helmet would be pointless.

Extremely good work mate, this is looking great. I suggest a concrete (possibly rectangle or irregular shaped) pitch where you could play with a tennis ball.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I play in a sand lot, with a tennis ball. Could that be there too? And a tape ball, and a half tennis half tape ball - swings like mad to the taped side. All these would make it cool :)
Anyways, enjoy your rest, you deserve it :)

Outlander

Club Cricketer
thanks for the support guys, off to a wedding bye.

p.s I will think about the sound. and i have decided 2 balls red cricket/tennis

What is a tape ball?

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Outlander said:
thanks for the support guys, off to a wedding bye.

p.s I will think about the sound. and i have decided 2 balls red cricket/tennis

What is a tape ball?

Tennis covered in tape to create erratic bounce and movement.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A Tennis ball covered in coloured Duct Tape. Often with a slight seam of a different colour. Like Drew says, to creat spin, a hint of swing, and realistic bounce. Good for tarmac. For sand, Tennis ball is more often used as Tape doesn't bounce to well on sand. Either can be used on grass depending on the thickness of the grass. A Half taped tennis ball makes even more erratic bounce (Depends what part of the ball hits the ground), and erratic spin (Some will bounce more than spin, some other way around, again depending which part of the ball hits the ground), and it will always have wicked swing (Towards the taped side. More pace means late swing and more drastic swing). Much more challenging.
Also there are these heavy tennis balls. Hurt a lot when you are hit. Get good enough bounce, between tennis and hard ball, and doesn't spin much or swing at all. And doesn't fly off the bat either when smashed, needs good timing. Needs more skill to play with, and probably the type of ball people would use pads and maybe gloves with.

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
A Tennis ball covered in coloured Duct Tape. Often with a slight seam of a different colour. Like Drew says, to creat spin, a hint of swing, and realistic bounce. Good for tarmac. For sand, Tennis ball is more often used as Tape doesn't bounce to well on sand. Either can be used on grass depending on the thickness of the grass. A Half taped tennis ball makes even more erratic bounce (Depends what part of the ball hits the ground), and erratic spin (Some will bounce more than spin, some other way around, again depending which part of the ball hits the ground), and it will always have wicked swing (Towards the taped side. More pace means late swing and more drastic swing). Much more challenging.
Also there are these heavy tennis balls. Hurt a lot when you are hit. Get good enough bounce, between tennis and hard ball, and doesn't spin much or swing at all. And doesn't fly off the bat either when smashed, needs good timing. Needs more skill to play with, and probably the type of ball people would use pads and maybe gloves with.
Pads and gloves for those heavy tennis balls? You sissy. :p

Outlander

Club Cricketer
Ok thanks for the help guys, i am trying to make gloves for accessories.

Outlander

Club Cricketer
Ok Urbanmasters Need 3d modellers and animators to help urbanmasters with there project.

If you are interested drop me a email (look in my profile)

Here are 2 gloves i have made, well actually my friend josh helped me a lot with the model so credit goes to him as well.

pic 1 front
pic 2 back

They are not that good but i will try and imprve

Attachments

• 7de2.tmp.jpg
    7de2.tmp.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 239
  • uh63.tmp.jpg
    uh63.tmp.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

etho11

International Cricketer
Fabulous stuff Outlander i would help but i dont have much expereiencing with modelling.

Outlander

Club Cricketer
New kit update.

may not look big but will be ingame.

also a bowler and batsman

Attachments

• bowler.jpg
    bowler.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 234
  • civillian_or_on_looker BATSMAN.jpg
    civillian_or_on_looker BATSMAN.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Outlander

Club Cricketer
soz i forgot to mention, all credit goes to Etho for making a great kit (p.s i pasted on the logos lol)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
The logos are poorly implemented and stick out like a sore thumb in other works of brilliance.

Users who are viewing this thread