Umpires apprehensive about new no-ball rule

R

ricky123

AMSTERDAM, Aug 21: Steve Bucknor and David Shepherd, the two longest-serving umpires in international cricket, are apprehensive about the new no-ball rule that will come into play in the tri-series here.

According to the experimental rule, the no-ball calls will be made by the third umpire sitting in the box beyond the boundary rather then the two men in white coats, supervising the game in the middle.

READ THE FULL STORY HERE

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
H

hassan1823

i think its better it gives the 1st umpire more time for the lbw and other decisions

R

ricky123

B) r u stupid or what ,

this game is for players not for umpires ,

just to give umpires more time to concentrate on lbw ,they r taking away the time from a batsman ,

now the batsman will only know that it is a no ball after the third umpire has confirmed ,

according to the previous rules ,the batsman had the benefit of hitting the ball where ever he want once the umpire had called it no ball ,

H

hassan1823

Originally posted by ricky123@Aug 23 2004, 05:48 PM
B) r u stupid or what ,

this game is for players not for umpires ,

just to give umpires more time to concentrate on lbw ,they r taking away the time from a batsman ,

now the batsman will only know that it is a no ball after the third umpire has confirmed ,

according to the previous rules ,the batsman had the benefit of hitting the ball where ever he want once the umpire had called it no ball ,
i agree it has a negative affect aswell i also thought of it

E

electioneering

Batsmen never get a chance to hear the no-ball call early enough to make full use of it,even in the traditional system. :mellow:

R

ricky123

Originally posted by Pat@Aug 24 2004, 07:26 PM
Batsmen never get a chance to hear the no-ball call early enough to make full use of it,even in the traditional system. :mellow:
B) that applies only for fast bowlers like brett lee and shoiab .

but when a slower bowler is bowling ,the batsman had enough time to decide what to do with the ball ,

this new rule sucks :angry:

H

hassan1823

yes ricky may be you are right. I think it should be not used anymore.There is no advantage for batsmen <_<

R

ricky123

B) this rule is only for this tournament , they r trying to see how it works ;)

but our commentators have already said this rule is crap ,

D

Dimuthu

i agree... this will make umps LAZIER too i think... Not to mention the return crease issue... the 3rd ump won't b able to see if the bowler's crossin the return crease.

H

hassan1823

i think they only used for that tournament and theyw wont use it again

Users who are viewing this thread