Unable to Appeal for Caught Behind

Hester

County Cricketer
I've posted about this in the xbox bug thread but just wanted to see if anyone else had been having issues with this.

Each time I'm pace bowling and the AI nicks it to slip or the wicket keeper (it's rare but does happen!) I get the catch, appeal immediately but nothing happens. Sometimes even the commentator will exclaim how the batsman got something on it but there was no appeal.

It happens at least twice an innings and it's driving me nuts! So much so, that when the AI runners get glitched and stuck at the same end I'll take the run out because I'm OWED.

cricketersam1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm on the xbox too and have never experienced this. Are you sure you're pressing the right button? Sound stupid I know.

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm on the xbox too and have never experienced this. Are you sure you're pressing the right button? Sound stupid I know.

Yeah, for sure I'm pressing the right button. Up on d-pad. I can appeal for LBWs and, actually, I'm appealing for all sorts of nonsense just to make sure the button works all the time. But a nick to keeper or slip and it just won't work. It's madness!

D

Dutch

Isnt this the one that you have to wait a couple of seconds before appealing?[DOUBLEPOST=1514129327][/DOUBLEPOST]Try that: so press appeal after a few seconds after a Nick; I know this was a bug in dbc17

Hester

County Cricketer
Isnt this the one that you have to wait a couple of seconds before appealing?[DOUBLEPOST=1514129327][/DOUBLEPOST]Try that: so press appeal after a few seconds after a Nick; I know this was a bug in dbc17

Really? Wow, OK. Thanks, I'll try it.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

This will not work for me after the edge is caught if i don't spam appeal within 1-2 seconds either side of the catch it cuts to a close up of a player or batsmen 'gardening' I've noticed a few times where it seems to cut off very quickly unlike older games where it hung for a little bit. Might just be me tho. For example do the AI actually review when fielding? I never see them thinking about reviewing like in past games. They appeal, given not out then cuts right to close up of a fielder.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This happened twice to me on the Xbox one. It happens so quickly that it doesn't give you anytime to appeal. What's bad is that the commentators mention that the batsman got away because there was no appeal.

I've reported in the bugs list, 1st page.

Users who are viewing this thread