Unable to play any multikey shots

millzyman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey

Sorry not a hundred percent sure how many people still play this but I got this on the steam sale and I am having difficulty with the tutorial.

I don't know if I am missing something but when I try to play the cover drive I just generally end up playing a defensive shot or offering no shot and when I try to play the pull I end up playing the glance or offering no shot.

I have tried tapping these keys as quickly as possible together and also at a small length of time but it still doesn't seem to work.

As I said, I don't know if there is an important detail I am missing to playing these shots but everyone else seems to have no trouble so could someone please tell me in some detail how they play aggressive shots.

Thanks

Edit:

When pressing control, shift or alt also this will either result in no shot or only one key been recognized.

Last edited:

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
This should work

I had the same problem when i started... Try playing some training...

What you may be doing wrong?
To play multi key shots, you might tryingto press both keys at the same time. This is what I was doing in the beginning and it was playing only a defensive shot (which essentially means that only one of the keys is getting used).

What you should be doing?
In order to play a multi key shot, you should be pressing the keys one by one but in fraction of a second.
For example, to play a cover drive (for right hand batsman), tap the down key and then tap the left key in a gap of fraction of a second.

Same applies to all other multikey shots ... Enjoy the game ... You will love it, once you improve on the timing...

I have played all other PC cricket games... and I find Cricket revolution to be more accurate and has the best gameplay... they still have to enhance this with some test match and other tournament versions ...

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
thanks for the advice, as i am also having the same troubles batting.

One question though, when using a slot shot or loft shot, can i just hold that button down from the start and then tap down and left for cover drive? or do i have to press the loft/slog button once only aswell?

Thanks

D

Dutch

thanks for the advice, as i am also having the same troubles batting.

One question though, when using a slot shot or loft shot, can i just hold that button down from the start and then tap down and left for cover drive? or do i have to press the loft/slog button once only aswell?

Thanks

You have to hold the loft button down iirc....

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
You have to hold the loft button down iirc....

Thanks, have you tried using a gamepad for this game? Im just wondering how the diagnoal one would work, as you cant press down and then left, but you can hold directionally down/left on the thumbstick!

D

Dutch

Thanks, have you tried using a gamepad for this game? Im just wondering how the diagnoal one would work, as you cant press down and then left, but you can hold directionally down/left on the thumbstick!

Yeah I tried the gamepad but went back to the keyboard. It takes a bit of getting used to but i find it better than with the keyboard.

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
Yeah I tried the gamepad but went back to the keyboard. It takes a bit of getting used to but i find it better than with the keyboard.

yes i also felt the same way, the game is good but it needs huge improvement in playing shots with key presses. It doesnt support multi-key presses at same time. Which is what the problem is, hence why using the gamepad is useless.

You shouldnt have to press, left and then down for a cover drive, it should be able to recognise you pressing the two keys at the same time.

Is there no one who has created a patch for this game yet to improve the gameplay controls? (hence, allow the game to recognise two key presses at once)

D

Dutch

yes i also felt the same way, the game is good but it needs huge improvement in playing shots with key presses. It doesnt support multi-key presses at same time. Which is what the problem is, hence why using the gamepad is useless.

You shouldnt have to press, left and then down for a cover drive, it should be able to recognise you pressing the two keys at the same time.

Is there no one who has created a patch for this game yet to improve the gameplay controls? (hence, allow the game to recognise two key presses at once)

Well the amount of different shots they have in the game is something to be lauded but how they are to be executed is another matter. I remember writing all the combosndown and have it next to me as I played. Takes a while but you get used to it after a while.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just train in the nets for ages. I got the nets demo long before the game came out, and so I just practiced shots for hours on end and by the time I got the real thing I could play the shots pretty well. As any cricketer knows net form is completely different to match form but thats another story :spy Nets are good as you can just hold down tab iirc and it brings up the entire list

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
thanks for tips guys, but i just find the control scheme horrendous to control, why the hell can you not just hold the buttons together at the same time! Makes no sense as to why i have to press one key after another for it to trigger!!!!

Wish they had just used the Ashes or Cricket07 controls!! :facepalm

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thanks for tips guys, but i just find the control scheme horrendous to control, why the hell can you not just hold the buttons together at the same time! Makes no sense as to why i have to press one key after another for it to trigger!!!!

Wish they had just used the Ashes or Cricket07 controls!! :facepalm

Its ok once you get use to it

I was in early beta testing for this game. It was a lot harder. Good for hardcore fans

Users who are viewing this thread