Requests Accepted Username: guyincognito.

Going to do a playface tutorial in the new year, I promise I'll do it this time lol

• Would you prefer a raw un-edited version?

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Or an edited version going over everything, still showing what I do but not every literal step I do

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Touching up first post. Will update soon :spy with something. But not this:

Seeing as most players are done, courtesy of folks like wasteyouryouth, I'm opening up to requests for players but there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Check the academy.

If a player is already done, don't request, unless its an old one and could do with a facelift then I may consider (post a quick screenshot here and I'll have a look.) If its a player that hasn't been done I'll look into it, with no guarantees. For example Indian and Pakistan domestic players - there tend to be no source photos that can be usable. My experience is that photos need to be at the very least 800 x 800, even lighting, and the player looking at the camera and be from the waist or chest up, in terms of framing. So keep that in mind. Having said that, don't post source photos in the thread, I'll be able to find em' if they're out there.

2. :x: I am not, repeat, NOT, doing your own face :x:. I am working on a tutorial at the moment that covers that, if After Effects stops borking itself lol. So please keep that in mind. (ETA on that tutorial is up in the air, due to work, technical difficulties, but I'm determined to get it out there.)

Further, if you still post a request for your own face, I WILL BLOCK YOU. I've been down this road before and experience has taught me to be firm but fair. You have been warned.

PS: This applies for messages to my inbox. Don't even think about it.

3. Past players. I'm not really interested in doing in them to be honest as I play mainly career mode.

4. I am on and off again with doing playfaces in general, so it will either take a bit of time, or I'll just be straight up and just say I'm not feeling it atm and may come back to it at a later date. (Basically waiting for the next cricket game at this stage).

5. This is more a cultural thing, and a general consideration. In Australia, if you call someone champ, buddy, bro etc - you're essentially calling me a c**t. Mate or my username will suffice. Don't mean to be rude, but people calling me bro, despite the fair intentions, really ticks me off.

Cheers.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
So I've finished the faces, just uploaded it now. Just search teams, and then username: guyincognito. Hope you guys enjoy it.Middlesex Player List 1-10.jpg Middlesex Player List 11-21.jpg

Disclaimer: Totally forgot to add, the uniforms were made by @wasteyouryouth. Really sorry that I forgot to mention that mate.

Last edited:

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks for doing these , really nice creations, I downloaded some and they replaced the wrong players , for example, Stephen Eskinazi linked to Steve Finns stats , are they linked to the right players ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for doing these , really nice creations, I downloaded some and they replaced the wrong players , for example, Stephen Eskinazi linked to Steve Finns stats , are they linked to the right players ?
Don't know, I un-linked the players, that resorted them to the default names then I linked the default names to my players (only way I could get my creations onto the team as I don't know anything about uniforms or logos.) Having said that, playing the other night I did notice that as well. Not really sure how to fix it sorry. I just assumed that my created players would automatically override any stats and players or just match up automatically based on names for existing saves. Guess I was wrong on that front.

Edit: What I'm thinking is downloading the team again and then linking them to mine one by one, making sure they match up.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I've tried re-downloading the original team, by inz and now the players aren't linked anymore and I can't replace them with mine. The Cricket Academy is such BS. I'm up s**t creek right now.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok, caveat here is I think I've played about 2 games in total with linked players, so this could be bullshit.

But I think the only way to do what you want is:

1) Unlink everyone in middlesex so you have the default on-disk middlesex
2) Create your players as you did, but as brand new players. I wouldn't use anyone else's unless you've unlinked them first, because you can't trust they've linked them properly.
3) Link them to the default on-disk middlesex
4) i think then you can download a different middlesex with the correct kits and logos, but download it as a new custom team, no overwriting
5) make sure this custom team is added to a team list
6) copy the logos and uniforms from the custom team to the ondisk team[DOUBLEPOST=1582457616][/DOUBLEPOST]Golden rule in this as in all the BA games, is if you care about the integrity of the academy and player/team links, do everything yourself the long way.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Ok, caveat here is I think I've played about 2 games in total with linked players, so this could be bullshit.

But I think the only way to do what you want is:

1) Unlink everyone in middlesex so you have the default on-disk middlesex
2) Create your players as you did, but as brand new players. I wouldn't use anyone else's unless you've unlinked them first, because you can't trust they've linked them properly.
3) Link them to the default on-disk middlesex
4) i think then you can download a different middlesex with the correct kits and logos, but download it as a new custom team, no overwriting
5) make sure this custom team is added to a team list
6) copy the logos and uniforms from the custom team to the ondisk team[DOUBLEPOST=1582457616][/DOUBLEPOST]Golden rule in this as in all the BA games, is if you care about the integrity of the academy and player/team links, do everything yourself the long way.

I literally just did this before you graciously posted. The only thing is, I did create them as brand new. I think, first time around I didn't pay attention to who I was linking them to - on-disk player wise, as I thought it didn't matter. I'm doing a bit of testing atm, to make sure it worked. Thanks for the help though, and yes, the long way is the best way lol.

Edit: Just did a quick test and seems to be working. Thankfully. Although in my career they didn't select a wk for a T20 game which is odd. Might have to put Eskinazi down as WK as well, he is listed as such anyway.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I literally just did this before you graciously posted. The only thing is, I did create them as brand new. I think, first time around I didn't pay attention to who I was linking them to - on-disk player wise, as I thought it didn't matter. I'm doing a bit of testing atm, to make sure it worked. Thanks for the help though, and yes, the long way is the best way lol.

Edit: Just did a quick test and seems to be working. Thankfully. Although in my career they didn't select a wk for a T20 game which is odd. Might have to put Eskinazi down as WK as well, he is listed as such anyway.

On disk player linking is absolutely essential. If you don’t do that there’s no point in linking it at all, as that how the game ensures a player who IRL plays in multiple teams plays in them all now.

glad if I helped at all.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, what I was doing was, I downloaded a middlesex team, unlinked them - to default state, all players then linking my players - as a result I got scrambled stats.

One other thing, how do i delete my older version, as it is long gone from my disk and only exists as an uploaded team in the academy, I can't seem to find a way to un-share it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, what I was doing was, I downloaded a middlesex team, unlinked them - to default state, all players then linking my players - as a result I got scrambled stats.

One other thing, how do i delete my older version, as it is long gone from my disk and only exists as an uploaded team in the academy, I can't seem to find a way to un-share it.

I don’t know but best guess is you’d have to download, unshare and then delete

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Team is up, and players are properly linked to corresponding stats. Unfortunately I couldn't un-share the old team so there are two: The one I would use id is: 4,200,593

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Started working on some Kent players, just uploaded Adam Rouse. Working on Bell-Drummond and Imran Qayyum next.

Adam Rouse.jpg

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia