Wales National Cricket Team?

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any chance for Wales to be a separate Cricket Nation in future?
They have a national side in almost every sports but not in Cricket.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
C

Chris Swift

Thanks for the link. Their ambition is very low. In that case the welsh people can never play for Wales. I think Glamorgan is already a good team to play in international level and with years of FC county cricket experience they can easily earn Test status in short period.

I agree, but in this day and age it's all about the money.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's something that has always annoyed me, but will probably never change.

Demographically and in terms of participation, Wales is actually very similar to New Zealand and we can all see what they've achieved in international cricket. Unfortunately, they've done it by being a Test nation since 1930, as opposed to an English county since 1921.

The last Welshman to play international cricket? Why, technically that's the Swansea-born Imad Wasim. Before him? Simon Jones.

That said, there's no real reason that a Welsh team couldn't give a good game to the likes of Zimbabwe or Ireland, especially if they took advantage of the four-year residency rule to poach people like Graham Wagg, Michael Hogan and Colin Ingram. And there's this game, but it doesn't really count.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be Honest I think they all should be one team called United Kingdom just like in the Olympics.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be Honest I think they all should be one team called United Kingdom just like in the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread