Warmup matches

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Ryder back in for us woulda helped our batting out too. Pollard does ass a lot to the windies. You can see from their batting order that once the openers are out they're prone to collapse.

Was a good come back and fight from us. Proves our strength is in the bowling along with a few key batsmen who win games (Ryder, McCullum and Taylor)

?? :eek::confused::help

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Still a questionable statement without the spelling mistake tbh. Pollard is hugely over-rated. I've compared him to a few players in the past few days. Said he's like Napier without the bowling; like Luke Wright with inferior bowling; like Yusuf Pathan but even more inconsistent with the bat; but the one he reminds me of most is Dwayne Smith, just that because he's big and muscley people think he's a better player. Their batting is identical but actually Smith's bowling might be slightly better. Both batsmen are capable taking apart the best attacks in the world on their day, but they're WAYYY too inconsistent, and generally only perform on flat pitches against poor bowlers. I do not see Pollard having a major impact on this tournament, other than in 1, possibly 2 matches.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Australia 68/2 against Windward Island :eek:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Still a questionable statement without the spelling mistake tbh. Pollard is hugely over-rated. I've compared him to a few players in the past few days. Said he's like Napier without the bowling; like Luke Wright with inferior bowling; like Yusuf Pathan but even more inconsistent with the bat; but the one he reminds me of most is Dwayne Smith, just that because he's big and muscley people think he's a better player. Their batting is identical but actually Smith's bowling might be slightly better. Both batsmen are capable taking apart the best attacks in the world on their day, but they're WAYYY too inconsistent, and generally only perform on flat pitches against poor bowlers. I do not see Pollard having a major impact on this tournament, other than in 1, possibly 2 matches.

Well the good thing for him and the West Indies is that he is young and has loads of talent. Hopefully he is willing to work hard and focus on becoming a proper cricketer. The worst thing about Pollard is his mindset and the tendency to throw his wickets away in important situation. He has all the traits of really good all rounder. The batting potential is there and he has shown it, he is a underrated bowler and the way he mixes up his pace and the little bit of extra bounce he gets will serve him well in the future. To top all that off he is a brilliant fielder which has been a weak point for the West Indies during this decade.
As for the part that says "generally only perform on flat pitches and against poor sides" there is a series that Pollard has played in that stands against that statement. It was the ODI series against the Aussies, 170 runs at 42 (Sr90+) and 7 wickets at 29. He is only 22 people give it a break.

P

pcfan123

cricinfo = fail at the delayed update. Don't believe a word of it under the matches are over. Made me look like a fool the other day :facepalm

Mihir Doshi

Club Captain
Zimbabwe :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Pakistan :help:help

Zimbabwe On Verge Of Winning Yet Another Warmup...

Pakistan need 25 from 12 with 6 wickets in Hand!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Zimbabwe make it two from two, they certainly are a dark horse for this title now. That makes me feel better about our loss, now we aren't the only one :p

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow Zimbabwe are the giant-killers so far :O

Hopefully we can get past them in the pool phases.

Mihir Doshi

Club Captain
Yes Mate... This shows clear Over Confidence From Pakistan.. 12 Runs Is Huge Defeat When Chasing 140 + Scores.

They Played Their Best Lineup Still They Lost..

Zimbabwe Have Done All The Good To Create Some Heavy Upset This Tournament

irottev

School Cricketer

Pollard is a good finisher. His strike rate is impressive. I don't know what you're saying. I saw him countless times in the IPL smash quick 20s to get his side the extra 20 runs they were short on.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
YOU'VE GOT TO BE SH!TTING MY YOU KNOW WHAT OFF.

I swear, if we play like this, we don't even deserve to be a country. Losing to freaking Zimbabwe, what the hell is next.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Dude! chill out. Its not like you lost a test match to them.

It's about time some of you realized that it's T20, you cant count out the minnows. This format of the game is very well balanced. So next time on your big boys lose to the lil guys, dont act all surprised and bitter. B/c its gonna happen a lot often in T20s...

Users who are viewing this thread