No Requests Waste's Retro Things: 80s franchise teams | 1997 SL&IND teams | ID: wyyretro

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I felt drawn back to this.

Introducing the latest additions to the series.

London Lords

Reluctant to embrace the new format the London owners, the MCC, chose the most simplistic name and were planning to play in whites. 'People don't want new things, tradition is key.' However, they soon realised this would not work, particularly as they could not fund the signings of any players. So, seeking a rich benefactor they reached out to tycoon Robert Maxwell. He invested and brought in the sponsorship of his newspaper the Daily Mirror. When asked about where the money for his investment came from by journalists Maxwell said: 'Definitely not a pension fund.' Maxwell was not the first choice, but Rupert Murdoch turned down the opportunity to invest when he was told that he could not do a photoshoot featuring the Lords captain Mike Gatting and a topless Linda Lusardi in the Lord's Pavilion.

1028630_20200203172441_1.png

Manchester Beats

Taking a different approach in the city of Manchester, the owners have teamed up with Factory Records in order to attract a new audience to Old Trafford. The kit, inspired by New Order's upcoming album Technique is not only a bold style but also a response to exciting Yorkshire Yazoo. Roses Derby's are sure to be a colourful affair. As part of the outreach of the club to grab a younger audience a fleet of buses will be ready to drive fans from Old Trafford straight the Hacienda. Despite taking a bold direction the original name 'Manchester Ecstasy' was declined by the LCCC board.

1028630_20200203172433_1.png

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
A couple of teams moving along.

Birmingham A-Team

Looking strong in the batting department.

1028630_20200204001511_1.png

Oval Imperials

Looking ridiculously strong in the bowling department.

1028630_20200204001505_1.png

--

May yet shuffle some players or add a few more here and there. Any suggestions (players circa 1989). I have a decent amount of overseas, so any county cricketers. I've got plenty but open to any suggestions.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Was going to say, I thought you'd have learned your lesson after The Hundred debacle :lol. make sure you steal any of my 90's mob that will come in handy/don't look like dick/make your life easier
Yeah, I think I have some of yours, a couple of blocker's and loads from @relaxedanderson @gleeso73 and @Mouseydread

I'm doing skills first, basic likeness and then maybe a bit more.

I am enjoying doing it so much I am now tempted to do a retro IPL.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I think I have some of yours, a couple of blocker's and loads from @relaxedanderson @gleeso73 and @Mouseydread

I'm doing skills first, basic likeness and then maybe a bit more.

I am enjoying doing it so much I am now tempted to do a retro IPL.

A retro IPL sounds fantastic on paper, but nothing will ever come close to this. Hope you finish it up! :clap

Users who are viewing this thread