Current Set Up

Pitch Marker - 10
Shot Timing - 50
Footwork - 75
Ball Influence - 90
Shot Choice - 90

Ball Speed Min - 75
Ball Speed Max - 80

People saying they don't want to lower pitch Marker or aerial marker any lower or as low as mine I don't get. Being rushed and having to really focus is great. It's as if you being rushed by a 90mph bowler. Split second reactions. Also opens up bowleds and LBW.

I nicked off 6 times in 1st innings and the 2nd innings highlights are below so far.

New ball is more dangerous as you would expect...

@Llewelynf @blockerdave @grkrama @Dutch tagging you as may be of interest

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Current Set Up

Pitch Marker - 10
Shot Timing - 50
Footwork - 75
Ball Influence - 90
Shot Choice - 90

Ball Speed Min - 75
Ball Speed Max - 80

People saying they don't want to lower pitch Marker or aerial marker any lower or as low as mine I don't get. Being rushed and having to really focus is great. It's as if you being rushed by a 90mph bowler. Split second reactions. Also opens up bowleds and LBW.

I nicked off 6 times in 1st innings and the 2nd innings highlights are below so far.

I agree. Having less time to react is then simulating real life batting with errors in judgement leading to wickets. The modifiers make a huge difference in this regard.

I also feel new ball makes a difference and if this is the case then i do not understand how pitch conditions and weather have no influence? Surely its a similar dynamic ie you have more chance nicking a moving new ball as much as if you are batting on a green wicket under clouds?

Hester

County Cricketer
Current Set Up

Pitch Marker - 10
Shot Timing - 50
Footwork - 75
Ball Influence - 90
Shot Choice - 90

Ball Speed Min - 75
Ball Speed Max - 80

Where do you find the pitch marker setting? The only one I can see is to enable or disable. I can't see it in modifiers.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Current Set Up

Pitch Marker - 10
Shot Timing - 50
Footwork - 75
Ball Influence - 90
Shot Choice - 90

Ball Speed Min - 75
Ball Speed Max - 80

lol at that last wicket. I guess we now know @Ross is actually a phantom. :spy

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One basic doubt, adjusting these sliders to make batting competitive for us (more chances to get out), will these affect AI batting also in similar way? Making us get wickets (marginally) easier?

E.g. i make pitch marker less than 15, if affects my reflexes and more prone to indiluce false shots, will this pitch marker of 15 affect AI batting also ?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One basic doubt, adjusting these sliders to make batting competitive for us (more chances to get out), will these affect AI batting also in similar way? Making us get wickets (marginally) easier?

E.g. i make pitch marker less than 15, if affects my reflexes and more prone to indiluce false shots, will this pitch marker of 15 affect AI batting also ?

Not in anyway at all

D

Dutch

If the game is realistic England will collapse easily, leaving Hope to find her own way home, bedraggled, tired and with a ladder in her stockings....

D

Dutch

Out of interest, do you choose to play these test matches with a test cricket temperament or are you forced to by the quality of the AI bowling?
Knowing Wealey it is all about being forced to play in a certain way, to squeeze the most authentic test experience out of the game as is possible given the parameters and limitations of the game.....that has been his constant mission and goal in the beta group.....and continues to be so.....and I love him for it!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Out of interest, do you choose to play these test matches with a test cricket temperament or are you forced to by the quality of the AI bowling?

Haha @Dutch, to be honest mate, the only thing I restrict myself to is no use of the left trigger, unless I HAVE to.

Although I used it once and got out.

I looked to score whenever I can, I hit the gaps that are there and let the AI plug.

Brutally honest there's not much I do in terms of changing the way I play. If you play with normal shots only it's a tough old grind! As my run rate would show !

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The new ball is now available for them, be interesting how it plays out!

The old ball is 100% easier to play. Plus Day 5 is overcast.

But this whole test is on a dry Pristine pitch which I think is the best batting conditions. Batting has been a joy and a real battle!

Users who are viewing this thread