Mon Dec 10
12:00 GMT | 18:00 local
Only T20I - Bangladesh v West Indies
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think the first warm-up match got cancelled because of bad weather.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Ah okay, was wondering why no scorecard was there when I grabbed the fixtures off cricinfo.

Bangladesh test squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), Mahmudullah (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Sohag Gazi.

West Indies test squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Denesh Ramdin (vice-capt & wk), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Fidel Edwards, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Marlon Samuels.

Dunno about that Abul Hasan, pretty average bowling figures and only 6 FC games.

Sohag Gazi doesn't look too bad though on the all-rounder front though. 18 FC games, batting average of 27, two hundreds and two fifties. 87 wickets at 24.12. Could get ugly on the international scene, but worth a look.

----------

Again I came to post about the fantasy cricket and completely forgot.

Register here for the 1st test between the Bengals and Windies. Good luck :)

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ah okay, was wondering why no scorecard was there when I grabbed the fixtures off cricinfo.

Bangladesh test squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), Mahmudullah (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Sohag Gazi.

West Indies test squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Denesh Ramdin (vice-capt & wk), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Fidel Edwards, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Marlon Samuels.

Dunno about that Abul Hasan, pretty average bowling figures and only 6 FC games.

Sohag Gazi doesn't look too bad though on the all-rounder front though. 18 FC games, batting average of 27, two hundreds and two fifties. 87 wickets at 24.12. Could get ugly on the international scene, but worth a look.

----------

Again I came to post about the fantasy cricket and completely forgot.

Register here for the 1st test between the Bengals and Windies. Good luck :)

Abul only got picked because of his pace but he is a crap bowler to start with. Plus, I don't understand why Nazmul Hossain keeps on getting overlooked by the selectors. He is our best pacer and has been for the last couple of years but unfortunately never gets picked.

It will be interesting to see how this WI team plays. I'm predicting 2-0 in tests, 4-1 in odis, and 1-0 in the t20 for them.

I also can't wait see how Tamim plays this series. He scored 3 consecutive centuries, making 488 runs in his return to first class after 5 years and stayed not out once.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a start by Chris Gayle, first man to hit the first ball of a test match for 6. WOW

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Is overrated. Chanderpaul is the real deal when it comes to tests.

I agree but you can't deny the fact that if Gayle scores a quick 60 or 70, that sets the tone for the whole team.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yes that's true, but there is a downside. It ignores one part of his job which is to protect the middle order from the new ball. Less of an issue these days with the hip, cool new T20 philosophy of cricket...but if your #3 and #4 are copping a swinging ball because Gayle has played a rash shot in a short innings, then he's failed in his job.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow, Tamim Iqbal is killing the bowlers. Shame I'm not able to watch the game.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's a decent enough reply by bangladesh, but their batsmen still threw away wickets which is the worry in the long run of this series.

can't watch this but it can't be spinning very much, narine has been ineffectual.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yes, in the context of Test cricket and multiple innings across a series, it's rather poor to see 7 batsmen contribute middling scores to a total, because it won't happen innings after innings. You actually need to see batsmen who can carry the team when they get in, because it's usually so hard to get a good start.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, at least they got gayle early, probably secured a draw with that as they'll have added a session on to when the windies can expect to declare.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont know but I feel Strongly, Bangladesh May pull of a victory. If they can get the remaining wickets within the first hour of the day and havea total of 230-240 o chase in 2 session and a half. they stand a very good chance, since it's a good wicket to bat on.

Users who are viewing this thread