West Indies Team Discussion

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jason Holder: 'West Indies could be up there in five years' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Got a lot of Graeme Smith vibes reading that, very well spoken, maybe this baptism by fire could prove just as effective. However, I don't necessarily agree with the 5 year projection of his, or Curtly Ambrose's 15 years, has to be somewhere in the middle.

The Only WI can Reach new height is When our Administration Puts West Indies Cricket first before Greed. This is coming from once a Strong supporter of WICB Admins.

Beginning of 2014.
Drop and Replaced Sammy in the ODI, because was unbalancing the Team, yet he was still in de team.
Bravo and WICB had a problem before and during India , in which they pull out. WICB president Fail to go India to sort it out.
Against South Africa one series before World Cup, pick a very inexperience Team.
Given an inexperience Player Captain, who still has ta find his way in International Cricket, before a WC.

How can WI be any better with soooo much problems and poor decision been made.

S

Satan666

The Only WI can Reach new height is When our Administration Puts West Indies Cricket first before Greed. This is coming from once a Strong supporter of WICB Admins.

Beginning of 2014.
Drop and Replaced Sammy in the ODI, because was unbalancing the Team, yet he was still in de team.
Bravo and WICB had a problem before and during India , in which they pull out. WICB president Fail to go India to sort it out.
Against South Africa one series before World Cup, pick a very inexperience Team.
Given an inexperience Player Captain, who still has ta find his way in International Cricket, before a WC.

How can WI be any better with soooo much problems and poor decision been made.

Sammy had the captaincy relinquished from him due to a string of losses in ODI, he posed an imbalance with the test team but not the ODI team, he chose to retire from tests.

Agreed the WICB should have gone to India but I dont think it would have made a difference in any case. Whatever the reasons are these guys abandoned the tour and WI are still suffering due to that they had a decision to make and they took the easy way out!

They had to pick an inexperienced team if you were in management would you have taken the chance to send these guys to SA expecting them to abandon that tour also?

Picking Holder as captain was a gamble I admit I was not in favour of it and still don't think he should be leading the team but what are the options?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Sammy had the captaincy relinquished from him due to a string of losses in ODI, he posed an imbalance with the test team but not the ODI team, he chose to retire from tests.

Agreed the WICB should have gone to India but I dont think it would have made a difference in any case. Whatever the reasons are these guys abandoned the tour and WI are still suffering due to that they had a decision to make and they took the easy way out!

They had to pick an inexperienced team if you were in management would you have taken the chance to send these guys to SA expecting them to abandon that tour also?

Picking Holder as captain was a gamble I admit I was not in favour of it and still don't think he should be leading the team but what are the options?

I really cant Argue on the Sammy part, but his performance is still under par.

My Question on that Part Why Only Pollard and Bravo Suffered?
DJ Bravo, DM Bravo, L Johnson, K Pollard, R Rampaul, A Russel, M Samuels, J Taylor, S Benn, J Holder, N Miller, D Ramdin, K Roach, DR Smith and Sammy.
Sammy was Drop, but got re pick Late for South Africa. Only man in this squad which were against Bravo was Samuels, all the rest give support to they Captain. Why didn't this whole put under punishment, why not the other seniors, let we forget the juniors,and focus on the seniors, D Ramdin, J Taylor, Russel, Dr Smith? why only Pollard and Bravo, Lets forget about Bravo, why not Pick Pollard to play in WC? and what i will mention below Why Give DJ Bravo a Contract for 2015, yet Pollard didn't get a Contract?

I forget to Mention Why did Bravo and Co played in the T20 Against South Africa if they were worried they will strike, DJ Bravo, Pollard and co were pick?

These player are our Central Contract January 10th 2015 After the India issue.
1. Sulieman Benn
2. Kraigg Brathwaite
3. Darren Bravo
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6. Jason Holder
7. Denesh Ramdin
8. Kemar Roach
9. Andre Russell
10. Darren Sammy
11. Marlon Samuels
12. Jerome Taylor
If WI management had the India incident in keeping Bravo Out due to his issue why Issue him a Contract, along Narine and Gayle. it's just don't make sense. Only Gayle and NArine refused Contrel contract and nope i do not want Gayle back in WI test side. K Pollard was not offer a central Contract this year nor was L Simmons. DJ Bravo Has a Contract with WI for 2 years now.

As For Jason Holder as Captain. Why didn't WI cricket board didn't Give the Test Captain the Job? he is already Captaining the Test Side, and maybe Push Jason Holder as the vice Captain.

grkrama

National Board President
WICB need to pull their heads out, if all they have to do is play a couple of players to avoid a 47 million $ lawsuit after the whole mishandling of the issue and making a mess of it, they need to let go of their egos and do it.

Wish CA had something on ECB like this could have got KP to play or i guess GC would pay the amount from his pocket than doing that :p

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Tony Cozier: WICB in a corner over India pullout issue | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Serious article from Tony Cozier here. He is essentially saying according to his sources in India, the BCCI would not want to play Windies in a return series to pay off debt if Bravo & Pollard are not in the team out @westindies2007 @Samuels
TBH, we have had enough from Bravo and Pollard now. I completely agree that WICB's administration has failed to keep up faith of the players and that the players require the confidence of their board and proper remuneration but Bravo and Pollard have showed little dedication towards playing for the WI anyway which should not be tolerated. Them being better than other players is not an excuse for them. We should not see what has happened in the case of Gatlin in athletics. Commitment comes first.

On the other hand, WICB needs to have people with proper management skills. I myself was a fan of having past legends in the administration but Lloyd's tenure has proved that great players does not necessarily make great administrators. We need to have people with better knowledge and a concrete plan of what can be done for WI cricket.

The argument that people in WI have turned towards athletics and basketball and have little interest for cricket is all almshouse thing.

War

Chairman of Selectors
TBH, we have had enough from Bravo and Pollard now. I completely agree that WICB's administration has failed to keep up faith of the players and that the players require the confidence of their board and proper remuneration but Bravo and Pollard have showed little dedication towards playing for the WI anyway which should not be tolerated. Them being better than other players is not an excuse for them. We should not see what has happened in the case of Gatlin in athletics. Commitment comes first.

On the other hand, WICB needs to have people with proper management skills. I myself was a fan of having past legends in the administration but Lloyd's tenure has proved that great players does not necessarily make great administrators. We need to have people with better knowledge and a concrete plan of what can be done for WI cricket.

The argument that people in WI have turned towards athletics and basketball and have little interest for cricket is all almshouse thing.

Can't agree that Windies have had enough of Bravo or Pollard. Having an all-rounder in your top 6 is gold dust for any international team at the moment. So Bravo not wanting to play tests right now because of the new WICB/WIPA MOU pay structure for the longer format certainly makes the windies test team weaker.

While watching Pollard captain Barbados Trident in the CPL last two seasons so well, makes the WICB decision to make Jason Holder captaincy look even more dumb.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The selection of a team should be a matter exclusively for the selectors and cricket board of that team; other people shouldn't be able to demand that certain people be picked, since it disadvantages the team having conditions imposed on it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Narine not ready for a Test return yet | WEST INDIES CRICKET BOARD @westindies2007 @Samuels @Haynes123

Port of Spain, Trinidad - West Indies coach Phil Simmons has confirmed he is in a much clearer position over the status of high profile players Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Lendl Simmons and Andre Russell, regarding their availability to play Test cricket and other formats for the Caribbean side going forward.

Simmons was giving an update on his talks with the aforementioned players after revealing exclusively to Newsday his plans to do so in May.

Since Simmons made that revelation, players such as Bravo and Simmons’ nephew Lendl have confirmed in the media that they don’t want to play Tests because of the pay structure in the new MOU/ CBA that was signed by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and West Indies Players Association (WIPA). Russell also stated he can’t play the longer format because of a persistent knee problem.

“I have had good discussions speaking with all the players. Yes, Bravo and Lendl said they don’t want to play Tests for reasons you mentioned, but I’m happy that they were honest about that,” said Simmons.

“My position is if you don’t want to play Test cricket for whatever reasons, we won’t select you. But if players openly state they are available for that format, I don’t really want them changing their minds when we select them (if there is a clash with a West Indies series).

“Speaking with Narine during the Caribbean Premier League (CPL), he still wants to be 100 percent confident about the consistency of his action before returning to Test cricket. He noted he is happy with the improvement (of) his action during CPL and is available for West Indies in the limited overs section at present.” Narine, with just six Tests under his belt, last wore white clothing for the West Indies two years ago vs New Zealand.

Referring to Russell he explained: “Russell has a longstanding knee problem which certainly limits his ability to play the longest format.

“No one has found a perfect solution for it, but he is trying to get it sorted and he did not give (the) impression that he is against playing longer format,” the 52-year-old highlighted.

Given that he and selectors won’t have the all-rounders Bravo and Russell available for Tests for the stated reasons, Simmons was asked if he subscribes to the theory that has been mooted that Jason Holder could take up that role, based on his recent batting exploits.

“Jason is certainly pushing to be that potential all-rounder in Tests based on his hundred and 80-plus scores in recent home Tests to go along with his wickets.

“However I’m not sure about him moving from number eight up to number six or seven in the batting order as yet. We will have to wait and see if that is an option when (the) team goes to Sri Lanka,” explained Simmons.

And on the duo of Gayle and Pollard? “Pollard wants to play cricket for the West Indies - that he made clear to me, but we haven’t gone into whether it’s Test specific.

Gayle noted once he recovers well from his back surgery he is also available for all formats.” Having spoken to those players during the CPL, Simmons, who played 26 Tests and 143 one-day internationals for the West Indies from 1988-1999, concluded by giving his thoughts on his first experience observing the T20 league.

“The tournament (CPL) is good, but not enough of young West Indian players came to the fore. Just the established stars and the overseas players and as coach I would have liked to see more from the young players. I hope that improves in next year’s competition.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Narine not ready for a Test return yet | WEST INDIES CRICKET BOARD @westindies2007 @Samuels @Haynes123

Port of Spain, Trinidad - West Indies coach Phil Simmons has confirmed he is in a much clearer position over the status of high profile players Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Lendl Simmons and Andre Russell, regarding their availability to play Test cricket and other formats for the Caribbean side going forward.

To be Honest. I am really puzzled with West Indies Cricket right now. Since Australia Series.

Why didn't WI give Shiv a good sent off into retirement against Australia?

Why is Shai Hope still been reconsider, Nothing special from him at all?

Why did Ramdin strip off his Captaincy, right now WI dont have a proper Captain who is stable enough to carry this team, My personal view Ramdin should of remain Captain?

Why Give Jason Holder this Task of a Test Captain, when he still have to make his way into the Test side?

Up to now West Indies still dont have any Good Opening Partnership, I had alot of Hopes in Brathwaitee, but he is very inconsistant. as for the next open two ducks under his belt in Debut, what got me he Avg in the 20th if FC , what he did to eanr a post?

The bowling is ok. Taylor and Bishoo. Roach tho is very out of sort. I haven't Follow Gabriel, but i have seen he went to England to play County. Holder is here and there.
But the line up to SL the batting is Very Poor.

To be honest i really dont know what to say.
IF West Indies want to progress with these youngster, first they need to get them contract Around the World like in England or Australia. because Wi Cricket Domestic is Very very Poor.

War

Chairman of Selectors
To be Honest. I am really puzzled with West Indies Cricket right now. Since Australia Series.

Why didn't WI give Shiv a good sent off into retirement against Australia?

Why is Shai Hope still been reconsider, Nothing special from him at all?

Why did Ramdin strip off his Captaincy, right now WI dont have a proper Captain who is stable enough to carry this team, My personal view Ramdin should of remain Captain?

Why Give Jason Holder this Task of a Test Captain, when he still have to make his way into the Test side?

Up to now West Indies still dont have any Good Opening Partnership, I had alot of Hopes in Brathwaitee, but he is very inconsistant. as for the next open two ducks under his belt in Debut, what got me he Avg in the 20th if FC , what he did to eanr a post?

The bowling is ok. Taylor and Bishoo. Roach tho is very out of sort. I haven't Follow Gabriel, but i have seen he went to England to play County. Holder is here and there.
But the line up to SL the batting is Very Poor.

To be honest i really dont know what to say.
IF West Indies want to progress with these youngster, first they need to get them contract Around the World like in England or Australia. because Wi Cricket Domestic is Very very Poor.

Its a shockingly bad team, it seems as if all the team leaders from the India tour pull out are being slowly eradicated. At this rate if Sammy does not win T20 series in SRI/AUS - he will likely loose the captaincy too. Outside politics is destroying West Indies cricket.

Clive Lloyd is proving to be just like Ray Illingworth was for England in the 1990s. Great captain in playing days, but horrible selector :facepalm

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Its a shockingly bad team, it seems as if all the team leaders from the India tour pull out are being slowly eradicated. At this rate if Sammy does not win T20 series in SRI/AUS - he will likely loose the captaincy too. Outside politics is destroying West Indies cricket.

Clive Lloyd is proving to be just like Ray Illingworth was for England in the 1990s. Great captain in playing days, but horrible selector :facepalm
I wouldn't be surprise If Sammy is remove before that. the way things are going. its totally crap. My first time in history really isnt excited about this up coming series. against Sri Lanka.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't be surprise If Sammy is remove before that. the way things are going. its totally crap. My first time in history really isnt excited about this up coming series. against Sri Lanka.

They will loose in SRI but will show some semblance of competitiveness, the real embarrassment will come when they take that team to Australia. Its like I'm trying to understand what make Lloyd think he could pick that guy Chandrika to play test and he has no FC hundreds. Surely making a double duck in 1st test was enough to realize the man is not international standard.

And then why pick Dorwich who is a # 6 batsman for Barbados to bat @ # 4 in a test match. Its unbelievable self sabotaging selections.

Users who are viewing this thread