West Indies

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
wilogo.png

For discussion about the West Indies cricket team in the T20 World cup.

Squad

Batsmen
Chris Gayle (captain)
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Lendl Simmons
Xavier Marshall

Bowlers
Fidel Edwards
Lionel Baker

Sulieman Benn
Jerome Taylor

All Rounders
Kieron Pollard
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Sammy
Dave Bernard

Wicket Keepers
Denesh Ramdin (vice-captain)
Andre Fletcher

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I just have no hope at all for the windies after that series in england. Maybe if they were going somewhere else they could leave their demons behind but they have been diabolical.

Gayle might put the kibosh up one team by scoring a big 50 at blistering rate but I can't see him doing it every match.

I like lendl, he's close to becoming a decent test batsman but he's nowhere near good enough in limited over cricket yet.

doing anything will depend massively on Bravo and either sarwan or chanderpaul getting to grips with the format,

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
WI don't have much in the squad, but after Gayle's comments, you can sense this is probably the format they care about...

Gayle
Marshall
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin
Sammy
Taylor
Benn
Edwards

Plenty of batting depth (till 9/10), 5 seamers, and 2 spinners. Maybe Sammy can be dropped to include Simmons, but as mentioned above, he doesn't seem like a limited-overs player. Marshall will be there to provide explosive starts, more or less, and Sarwan and Shiv will need to score a lot of runs. Bravo too, he might open after his stint at Mumbai Indians.
Bowling relies on Edwards, Bravo and Taylor/Benn providing good support. Sammy and Gayle need to be economical.

But...yea, not looking very strong this side. Too many weak spots. Not many explosive batsmen in the top 7, Marshall, Pollard, Ramdin are inconsistent, Sammy is decent but not someone they can constantly rely on getting runs and taking wickets, Taylor seems to have become and even worse batsman after his 100, if that's possible, and Edwards apart, the bowling lack fire. Taylor on his day is great, Bravo is canny, and Benn is a nice spinner...but not very dangerous overall. Tough group too.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would think Bravo might open since he went pretty well in that role for Mumbai. Another option would be bringing Chanderpaul back to the top. I don't know why he was moved down after the 07 WC as him and Gayle formed a devastating opening combo.

Bowling has threats with Taylor and Edwards and I expect Benn to cause problems for us. But if you can attack Taylor and Edwards you should be looking at a big score.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Team which People had said, there is NO hope in WI getting pass 1st round , but the Script seems to be change they are Finally In the Semi Finals.
Beating world Champion Aus, Defending T20 Champion India and the Host Team England.

:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy
All the Best to Chris Gayle and his Team

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
WI not consistent enough to win it. They can beat anybody on their day, but that is then followed up by shoddy performances in the field and with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread