What delivery to bowl?

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What delivery to bowl when the player is far outside the crease and far left of off stump. I tried good, Yorker, short, full…all goes for six without an exception. Please help

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What delivery to bowl when the player is far outside the crease and far left of off stump. I tried good, Yorker, short, full…all goes for six without an exception. Please help
You should get a screenshot of where they're standing. Something might be able to be done in terms of extending the 'wide' zone or reducing the range of crease position.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
You should get a screenshot of where they're standing. Something might be able to be done in terms of extending the 'wide' zone or reducing the range of crease position.

First of all, thank you for all your contribution and response. I will take a screenshot and update you once I have attached it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Quick heads up, you don't need to create a new thread for every question. A post in the general discussions tab will suffice. Cheers.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
@wasteyouryouth

This is where they take stand in PVP online.

Even if I bowl on the line outside the leg stump, it gets hit for a six or a four.
Don't know how magically the batsmen can reach the ball outside the leg stump.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth

This is where they take stand in PVP online.

Even if I bowl on the line outside the leg stump, it gets hit for a six or a four.
Don't know how magically the batsmen can reach the ball outside the leg stump.
My guess would be the shot execution is linked to timing, so if they get the timing right the batter will reach it. Whereas IRL you will see players often struggle to hit anything down leg/behind them. A yorker to leg stump would/should clean them up, the only real attacking shot from that position would be a Buttler-esque scoop/lap over fine leg.

Wide line is 89cm, I think. Perhaps batter crease position could be limited to always leave 89cm between the edge of the pitch (where it would be a no ball) and the 'wide' zone would still be there. Personally wouldn't allow them more than, perhaps, one foot outside off and have the wide lines move with the batter.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
My guess would be the shot execution is linked to timing, so if they get the timing right the batter will reach it. Whereas IRL you will see players often struggle to hit anything down leg/behind them. A yorker to leg stump would/should clean them up, the only real attacking shot from that position would be a Buttler-esque scoop/lap over fine leg.

Wide line is 89cm, I think. Perhaps batter crease position could be limited to always leave 89cm between the edge of the pitch (where it would be a no ball) and the 'wide' zone would still be there. Personally wouldn't allow them more than, perhaps, one foot outside off and have the wide lines move with the batter.

Exactly!, I actually expected to clean bowled the guy with the yorker but magically the batsmen moves and it goes for a six!
I hope they fix it along with poor fielding

Users who are viewing this thread