1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the rain?

Discussion in 'Ashes Cricket' started by Scotsman1975, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:48 PM.

1. Scotsman1975 School Cricketer

Has anyone ever experienced rain delays in this game? Hasn’t happened once for me and I have been playing for over three months?

gamu said thanks for this.
  2. Kevin S Club Cricketer

For me,it only happens in casual matches.

3. blockerdave Chairman of Selectors

blockerdave
    PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    ex-beta
    National Team:
    Certainly at launch there was rain in all modes. Weird if it got patched out

4. kiran varma Club Captain

kiran varma
    National Team:
    I am not getting any rain in all modes. It may be patched out in these updates. And weather variations are gone. Always bright sun with dark shadows in all weather conditions.

5. funnyadit ICC Board Member

funnyadit
    AKA:
    Aditya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super kings
    Global warming taken into consideration maybe...:p

dadarocks, Kevin S and gamu thanked this.
  6. Scotsman1975 School Cricketer

I’ve never seen it, so wonder why the developer included it. Def needs to be in next patch

7. CazCat PC Hostess

CazCat
    Infamous Raptors PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    Stupidity factor +10
    National Team:
    I think I read they'd include 'Delays' but not so you sit there watching the rain... Is this what you mean?

8. Dutch ICC President

Dutch
    Infamous Raptors
    Where is the rain?

Spain?
    Mainly on the plain?

I have had rain both in Ashes and casual matches.....usually at the start of a match.

9. gamu Club Captain

The game should be stopped after rain starts.
    But what happens always in the game is - the game starts with reducing it's 20% of overs because the rain starts always before the match starts.
    reduction of over is predefined.
    And it can be said with assurance that you can play the rest of the game without any rain interruption.
    And DLS method is also not properly implemented.

Some nonsense features.

CazCat said thanks for this.
  10. CazCat PC Hostess

CazCat
    Infamous Raptors PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    Stupidity factor +10
    National Team:
    Ah yes another reason I don't play tests or first class games

11. passwordistaco Associate Captain

passwordistaco
    Haven't had rain since a patch early on, probably a couple months in. I've played a fair amount and no delays. It does get very overcast though.

12. charles04 School Cricketer

charles04
    it would be better if things like weather related effects were there , rather than auto replays of misfields( like seriously???)
    things like rain delays interrupting games etc. not sure if overcast/cloudy affects swing atm .

13. gamu Club Captain

Yeah man, there is no proper overcast shadow texture. There is always bright sunlight in the ground during overcast/cloudy/partly cloudy/rainy/shower weather.

So guys please it is my request to all of you to mention these issues in MattW created thread. And please do it everyone who face the problem. I have mentioned so many times. But if so many people post the issue then definitely they will take some move about the issue. Please do it guys.

kiran varma said thanks for this.
  14. Skankhunt 42 County Cricketer

Skankhunt 42
    AKA:
    Double D
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Bengal, Kolkata Knight Riders
    I believe the dynamic weather feature will remain as a marketing note, this time too! I'm glad we're getting that cosmetic change of weather in game though, with the lighting, reflecting only the sky, nothing else! And career mode doesn't feature rainfall yet! Heck even no bad light stopped play feature! But we have far more interestng issues to tackle first! Like, Almost every international odi, In career, teams are piling up runs! 300+ is a common occurance! 105 overs a day, in a red ball game, is certainly not realistic! Commentary team is yet to call out player's names rather than a giant pause or this player! Turning batting modifier on, sheldom triggers wrong batting animation. Bowl quality influence doesn't affect AI at all....etc etc! Things are there to fix! More interesting and important stuffs than a rainfall and covers are being dragged in animation! Or a mid match interruption!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 5:17 AM