Which Browser do you use

• Total voters
I

indyan

So..which browsers do u guys use and why?
I use Opera and I believe it's the best out there.

Features I love:-
1.The ability to resume from previos time
2.It's fast(Opera claims to be the fastest browser ariund and is definately faster than IE)
3.Multi-tabbed Browsing
4.Easy password storage i.e. Magic Wand
5.The inbuilt form-filler
6.Good interface
7.Ability to hide it's identity and appear as MSIE(That's needed for some microsoft sites)

One thing I hate about opera is the Bonzi Buddy ad.Afterall most of the browsers are free.

But I thing is sure IE SUX
Andrew I hope u find this pole reasonable cause of late u have been very pissed off :angry: closing topics at your will

R

ricky123

B) i use internet explorer ,but my default browser is fire fox ,it is the best out there ,it has so many features i cant even tell ,it also has a popup blocker ,and many more ,

i think u should all use firefox

S

squiz

I use IE, basically all the pages on the internet are made for IE, and they wouldn't wouldn't work on other browsers

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 25 2004, 03:42 PM
I use IE, basically all the pages on the internet are made for IE, and they wouldn't wouldn't work on other browsers
B) that is not true!!!

try fire fox

R

ricky123

B) For me, the biggest factor that inspired me to start using a browser other than Internet Explorer was the constant bugs and security fixes that were plaguing the latter, not to mention the tons of plug-ins that took over your browser. Changing your homepage to some paid advertiser, or adding a toolbar that does the worst job possible when searching.

The majority of these spyware and vulnerabilities are commonly programmed for Internet Explorer being that IE holds over 70% of the internet browser market. There are other browsers out there that can compete with IE, but Mozilla Firefox (formally known as Firebird) is a complete browser filled with tons of features that?s only light in size. From a built in pop-up blocker that works better than many commercial pop-up blockers, to tabbed browsing, these are just two of the factors that contribute to making Firefox an internet browser?s dream.

R

ricky123

if u want i will put the features of firefox overhere for u

S

squiz

nah it's alright, i know IE is the best browser for me, and I'll continue using it, till MS make a new one :)

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 25 2004, 05:24 PM
nah it's alright, i know IE is the best browser for me, and I'll continue using it, till MS make a new one :)
B) only cuz it is default browser for windows?

atleast u should try firefox once

S

squiz

I've tried FireBird, Opera, and NetScape, but i htink they concentrate too much on the graphical side of things. IE is plain and gets the job done

R

ricky123

B) here is a addon for ie this is great it will make ur page load faster and it is free plus it will help u with ur links ,it will work with anybrowserdownload here

I

indyan

I have not tried firefox but have tried firebird.But believe me no other browser can match Opera.It's fast and has a lot of features.It's e-mail handling is also good.

I haven't yet come across such a site yet.Give me one if u know.
If u meant ms sites I told u that opera can identify itself as IE 6.
I can't use IE as it is horribly slow.I also can't do without multi-tabbed browsing.

E

ezrockgw

The ones who use IE dont even know the gr8 feature of multi tabbing so that for each website u dont have to open a seperate window.

Also IE crashes many times and has many script errors.

Therefore IE sux

But The ones who use netscape shud go for mozilla as its same without adware and spyware.

R

rasi

Opera rules.

Also add the inbuilt download manager to the features.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by Iniyan@Feb 25 2004, 08:44 PM
Opera rules.

Also add the inbuilt download manager to the features.
B) firefox also has a download manager ,where u can even pause ur downloads,beat that now!!!!! :lol: :P

Users who are viewing this thread