AMA Why not? AMA (Cricket Q20 aka Freedom aka IndieGameDev)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What do you feel most proud of?

The fact that I have been part of a development team which created a time-sensitive application which normally other teams would require > 1 year, I leaded the team to get it done within 7 months of time.

What do you want your tombstone to say?

Be positive and chill out!

What was one of your most defining moments in life?

The decision to do Masters. Its been 1 year now that I have been studying and completing my Master's Degree and even though the financial is tough, life remains very awesome and postive

What are you most afraid of?

Losing my parents

What feels like love to you?

Keeping my better half happy and smiling no matter what situation of life you are going through

What is your strongest personal quality?

My positive attitude and my eagerness to learn something new every single day

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?

Cut property tax and reduce the burden on majority of the middle class family in United States.
If in India(as I am from India), reduce or help the farmers as much as possible so that they get what they deserve.

If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?

I would want to witness the Sharjah Cup (India vs Australia vs Pakistan Tri-Series in Dubai)

Are you sure there isn't anything else you want to ask PC's own Princess... ?

There is, just been busy with finals. So soon :)

@SweetCaroline

D

Deleted member 46200

The fact that I have been part of a development team which created a time-sensitive application which normally other teams would require > 1 year, I leaded the team to get it done within 7 months of time.

This is so cool well done to you bringing things on time is very good but inside of time so cool, kudos to you!!!

Losing my parents

Not nice I can assure you, I lost my Mum when I was sixteen following my near fatal accident the stress for her was way to much, I carry that on my shoulders.

Keeping my better half happy and smiling no matter what situation of life you are going through

So sweet!!!

My positive attitude and my eagerness to learn something new every single day

I have a positive attitude but I do try not to be a dick each day... I do try.

I would want to witness the Sharjah Cup (India vs Australia vs Pakistan Tri-Series in Dubai)

Nothing like watching live cricket with a good crowd, always wanted to watch a match in Asia or the West Indies.

@Freedom

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
@Freedom

1. Upon joining PlanetCricket, what did you hope to get gain out of this site (on an emotional level) ?
  2. Who was your first genuine friend here on PlanetCricket?
  3. Rivalries. Can you remember your first unfriendly interaction here on PlanetCricket? If so what happened and who is the individual in question?
  4. Your take on Forum regulars? Surely there is better ways to spend your time than on a social platform like PlanetCricket.
  5. What frustrates you the most (or really gets you mad) here on the forums ?
  6. Your take on social media bullies? Will you openly stand up for someone here if they were bullied by the " in-crowd" ?
  7. Explain something to me that you think is complicated ... any topic .. that you feel is complicated.
  8. Is there a question I haven't asked you, but should?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@RUDI

1. Upon joining PlanetCricket, what did you hope to get gain out of this site (on an emotional level) ? - Nothing, I was running a league on Orkut social media, wanted help in regrds to that
  2. Who was your first genuine friend here on PlanetCricket? - @Sartaj without a doubt. What a beautiful soul he is.
  3. Rivalries. Can you remember your first unfriendly interaction here on PlanetCricket? If so what happened and who is the individual in question? - has to be @Prithvi
  4. Your take on Forum regulars? Surely there is better ways to spend your time than on a social platform like PlanetCricket. Few members are really good. I have a lot of fun reading their post but there are few for whom I think what the f is wrong? Why are they like this?
  5. What frustrates you the most (or really gets you mad) here on the forums ? General chat sub-forum for sure. It has become really the worst place. Nonsense after nonsense gets posted. This is just my opinion.
  6. Your take on social media bullies? Will you openly stand up for someone here if they were bullied by the " in-crowd" ? I will ask the person who is getting bullied to step down. My thought is the person or persons bullying on social media are behind the computers and are complete anonymous. You cannot defeat these assh888s. I will completely support mesnwhile in all the way I can.
  7. Explain something to me that you think is complicated ... any topic .. that you feel is complicated. The concept of chauvinism and feminism. A good war got diverted due to getting over the line. I am all in for 50-50 for men and women, I am all in for women empowerment but in the process do not become the one you are fighting for.
  8. Is there a question I haven't asked you, but should? - good set of questions, I do not think so.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
What was the best gift you received?
Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Any favorite movie relased during the year?
If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Apologies if these have already been asked. I don't have the patience to go through every question posted in every thread.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@VC the slogger

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?

Difficult, struggling but a character defining moment.

What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?

Most efficient way to manage money! Being independent and no one to monitor can make you a little careless :)

What new skills did you acquire during the year?

The most upcoming field, learning Big Data/ Data Science

Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?

Everything you do in life has a first time somewhere or sometime. If I have to say one particular thing, it would have to be managing life with wife and expenses when you have no job :).

What was the best gift you received?

My dad's successful liver transplant :) The moment he came out of the operation room and doctor said he is safe and all ok, I think that was the best gift god could have given me.

Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?

Yes, the day I had my parents come to United States for the first time and I was the one who showing them around, spending money money. Not in 2017 though

Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?

Spotify says I heard Shape of You the most and Saavn says I heard Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga... So umm yes those two.

Any favorite movie relased during the year?

I loved lipstick under my burkha and Justice League

If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?

Have not participated in any sorry.

What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?

A job on very last minute of year end. Ending all the problems I would have faced in 2018.

What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?

Nothing, I did ok and would have not done anything differently in 2017.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

8/10

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?

Big Data and learn Machine Learning or Deep Learning.

Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?

Attitude, currently I go with flow, I need some self control and show attitude where needed.

Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?

Probably get better with sleep cycle.

What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?

Release a cricket quiz game.... Soon ;)

Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?

I would love to see PNG and Afghanistan qualify.

Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?

South Africa

Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?

I will be dying to see Faf in full flow.

Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Sad USA did not qualify :( Will try supporting Switzerland

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@Freedom where you see yourself 5yrs from now wrt family life?
At the same place I am currently. I have a lovely and supporting wife, I have the most awesomest parents and sister. My in laws are pretty awesome and cool too. I dont want to extend my family and I am happy with what I have and will be happy 5 years down the line. So a healthy and wealthy family is what I see from 5 years from now :)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Ten more

Cricket

Which player, in your opinion, didn't play enough international cricket?

Similarly, which player has played far too much international cricket?

Which Cricket World Cup, in your opinion, was the best of all time?

Which non-cricketing athlete would you most like to see trained up into a cricketer and why?

Which eight teams would you include in a Premier League made up of franchises from anywhere in the world?

Not

If sleep was unnecessary, what would you do with that time?

An honest magician offers you the chance to live forever. What do you say?

What common thing will you never experience?

What is something that you will always buy the expensive version of?

Do you ever find yourself wanting to answer your own questions on your AMA?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@Aislabie

Ten more

Cricket

Which player, in your opinion, didn't play enough international cricket? Wassim Jaffer, he was as fine as one opener could get. He should have played more international cricket. Apart from an Indian, I would say Shane Bond.

Similarly, which player has played far too much international cricket? Sachin Tendulkar post 2011 and Sanath Jayasuria

Which Cricket World Cup, in your opinion, was the best of all time? Heart says 2011 WC as India won the world cup but I would rate 2007 T20 world cup better. The reason was new format, new teams and a new captain for Team India.

Which non-cricketing athlete would you most like to see trained up into a cricketer and why? Usain Bolt

Which eight teams would you include in a Premier League made up of franchises from anywhere in the world? - Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, Islamabad United, Adelaide Strikers, TT Knight Riders , I do not follow other teams so any other 3.

Not

If sleep was unnecessary, what would you do with that time? Code and develop apps :p and probably binge watching

An honest magician offers you the chance to live forever. What do you say? I would say thank you and if he/she offers to my family I am ok or else No thank you!

What common thing will you never experience? Bungee jumping

What is something that you will always buy the expensive version of? mobile phones :p

Do you ever find yourself wanting to answer your own questions on your AMA? From some folks yes :)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
what will your reaction if you mistakenly creates a virus its destroyed or encrypt your development files? ( just asking for fun.:p)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
why do you keep changing your username?
My username changes based on what my life is about to give or has given. So a brief history

1. rahulkhush (started with this username) - Always wanted my name to be Rahul and back in those days 2008 when I joined my ex liked it too :p khush means happy.
2. parthkadakia - My real name
3. IndieGameDev - I started a small gaming studio with my wife and a friend and been developing game since.
4. Freedom - The concept of liberating from political views and thoughts when the whole world seems to be inclined to be left or right wingers. I freed my mind from that.
5. CricketQ20 - Upcoming cricketing quiz game more info here https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...ultimate-cricketing-quiz.110068/#post-3240579

Users who are viewing this thread