Your Cricket Wicket Keeping Thread All Wicketkeepers Welcome here

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I bend down the spinners fully and only bend down a little to quickies played a 20/20 today hit 56* off 28 coming in at 4 and only let through two byes happy with that.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Perfect Innings.Do you distract the batsman by continous cheering??I do so and it works

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
I like to give a bit of harmless banter and see the batsman turn around and giggle a bit.

E.g He's got more singles than Dating Direct.

He's got more defences than a medieval castle.

Gunja Dude

School Cricketer
What do you guys mean "Aussie style" and "English style"?

I want a more detailed description...

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
What do you guys mean "Aussie style" and "English style"?

I want a more detailed description...

Well I'll start off by asking the question do you keep the Aussie way or the English way?

If you dont know the difference then they are the English usullay take the ball standing straight on infront of there body where as the aussie style is to move across and take it on the inside thigh.

lightbulb added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Does anybody know the benefits that the Aussie-style 'shortie' style gloves offers as opposed to the English style 'gauntlet' style?

etho11

International Cricketer
Interesting that Tim Ambrose takes the ball in front of himself when he grew up playing all his cricket in Australia.

Gunja Dude

School Cricketer

lightbulb added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Does anybody know the benefits that the Aussie-style 'shortie' style gloves offers as opposed to the English style 'gauntlet' style?
Thats stupid...

Theres no "Aussie style" and "English style". Its all personal preference.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
This is a very interesting question tell me is this out...

One time I was playing in a 25 over match and I was wicket keeping and I was pretty nervous but I was doing well...then the ball was hit to this fielder and it was an easy 1 run but then he misjudged the bounce they tried for two but...he threw it to me in time to get the batsmen out...but again the weird thing was that instead of throwing it at my gloves he threw it in the dirt forcing me to get my pads in the way and stopping the ball for more over throws...but the ball then bounced off my pads and hit the wicket so the umpire said that it wasn't out that because it hit my pad that I didn't hit the wicket but the ball still hit the wicket...we argued and the call was reversed and we got the wicket but does it count for the fielder/me or just the fielder? Or is this even out?

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
Thats stupid...

Theres no "Aussie style" and "English style". Its all personal preference.

This is English 'gauntlet' style:

PU8WKGTR5.jpg

This is Aussie 'shortie' style:

KK8WKGBLA.jpg

What I'm saying is how do they feel different from each other. i.e. is one generally more protective, is one easier to get on, is one a bit tighter etc.

etho11

International Cricketer
I wouldn't think there would be much difference. Also Kookaburra are really the only ones who have there gloves with a major curve like that.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a pair of the 08 Puma WK gloves and the last years Kookaburra. Both are good and it really is depending on what i feel like wearing when i WK (All 2 games a season :p)

I like the Kooks better i think!

Users who are viewing this thread