Will it have coop local and online?

Boomslangnz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

I remember DBC 14 didn't have local coop forever and I quickly lost interest in not being able to play with friends. Will DBC 17 have 2-4 player local coop?

Can we play test matches online coop vs AI?

Thanks

grkrama

National Board President
Yes. Two player local and online co-op.

For co op would be able to simulate ? one of the main reasons i couldnt get on with Long form games in co op was having to play the whole match.

It would be fun just simulating the first 3 innings and then play the last one defending or chasing on the final day.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It is exactly as in the patched DBC14 - a maximum of two consoles.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They last stated the the Lag between 4 different machines is just too much .

The only way for that to work is for Big Ant to run the run off a server , but that also introduces a 3rd Machine into the mix , and probably a big Cost.

Gozmit

Club Captain
Definitely 4 different machines with different ping and bandwidth will result in latency .It require resources to overcome ,might take time to see this in real time to happen.Hoping BigAnt come up with solution at some time in future.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's peer to peer - there is no simple solution. As explained previously, as each machine is added the amount of data is greater than doubled - every machine must talk to every other machine.

In order to get more machines we would need to add a server that controlled the game, a non-peer to peer system, a "star" network.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@Acid Burn - This is coming about it the wrong way round for me. The solution isn't to add servers really (because no matter HOW fast, you're always going to get SOME latency/lag). The key thing is to make sure that your gameplay mechanics don't rely on twitch elements that latency would destroy. Look at how long the delays between button presses and some actions on FIFA, Madden etc - Some of that is to hide a bit of contingency. There's a certain amount of smoke and mirrors that are very commonly used in order to minimise it further (more commonly than you think: if you don't believe me then get 2 machines in the same room, play each other online, and see the differences between what's happening on both screens!), but where it just doesn't suit the game I'd rather leave it out rather than have an experience that seems "faulty".
At a bare minimum you should make the players aware of the likelihood of latency for any given match about to take place (maybe make it part of the pitch report! :)) so that they have proper expectations.
I personally have always found the online experience of all cricket games (in fact, most sports games!) poor - The absolute immediacy of the controls mean that they are always likely to be disrupted with any amount of lag. I can't think of one that I've ended up playing a lot of (Rocket League is OK *most* of the time, but even though they cover it *quite* well there are still matches totally ruined by lag.

grkrama

National Board President
Apart from that implementing servers across the different countries for them to have less latency is a big task as well as costly one even for games that make a lot of money and dependent on multiplayer.

And many other games are moving to a model were server acts just for matchmaking and other features and the match itself is p2p.

Users who are viewing this thread