Will miss to watch IPL live at stadium next year.

Where should IPL take place next year?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
As it will going to parlment elections in India next, all the IPL matches will not take place India next year. As in IPL-2 South Africa 2009 it may move to outside the India. There is possibility that half matches will be played in India and half outside the India. In those situations Asian countries other than India and Pakistan can host IPL matches.

As Logert is current president of South African Cricket Board, IPL-7 will not take place in South Africa because of rivalry reasons between Logert and BCCI. The spending in England will be too much for an Asian country like India so no much possibility that competition will held in England too. Srilanka can host all the IPL matches or partially with India/Bangladesh/Any other asian country. In that way some of Indian fans can take interest of live matches if matches will host by asian country. In 2009 IPL-2 really succeed than some predictions like 'It's seems like IPL going to close', 'IPL is no more Indian league',etc. But now the IPL may be successful in Srilanka than Bangladesh as compare to their domestic T20 leaues 'Sri Lanka Premier League' and 'Bangladesh Premier League' fan support. IPL has biggest number of international top players than any other leagues. So IPL get big amount of fan support from any Cricket playing nation.

In my opinion IPL-7 should be played in Australia. It will be better to increase fan support there for 'Big Bash League'. I usually never miss to watch BBL matches. In BBL season 2 I saw too much low fan support there. It was average atttendence about 15,000 per match while IPL matches has it about 40,000 to 50,000. So it may help to increase fan support for Big Bash League season 4.

But after all, I will miss to watch any live home game at stadium for my favourite team. But if there will atleast a single match to be played in India then I'll try my best to watch it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

blueblood

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I wish it doesn't take place.

But seriously, have the election dates been announced? Or a mere speculation?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lok Sabha elections are confirmed. IPL 7 is bound to be played outside India. I dont like this concept of playing some matches in India, some outside the country etc.. IPL must be played in England or Australia i wish. Wherever it is played, i hope to see an IPL Final being played at Old Trafford, Manchester.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
No chance for ipl in aus because of huge time difference and most of the people in india will not prefer to watch the matches between 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm or even in Mornings.My predictions are England and South africa(if Logert issue is solved).

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Commonly both events takes place in April/May :)

Hahahahahaha

Sorry but...

dreaming.jpg

By April football and rugby have started in Australia, using all of the main stadiums (more of an issue with football since it's played on a cricket oval) and taking all the interest. They're hardly going to field an Indian domestic league + some international players during that time.

I think Indians may overestimate how much the rest of the world cares about their league ;)

Probably also nervous about its popularity at home, having never published proper attendance figures.

Also it's not possible to play in Pakistan for obvious reasons. England isn't very keen. South Africa has stated its issues. Looks like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Probably also nervous about its popularity at home, having never published proper attendance figures.

Except Pune all other teams get full crowd support at home matches.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Hahahahahaha

Sorry but...

dreaming.jpg

By April football and rugby have started in Australia, using all of the main stadiums (more of an issue with football since it's played on a cricket oval) and taking all the interest. They're hardly going to field an Indian domestic league + some international players during that time.

I think Indians may overestimate how much the rest of the world cares about their league ;)

Also it's not possible to play in Pakistan for obvious reasons. England isn't very keen. South Africa has stated its issues. Looks like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.

Ipl will not happen in aus :p see my above post and ipl is the best cricket league in the world & above some football leagues :p

Bevab

Staff Member
Ipl will not happen in aus :p see my above post and ipl is the best cricket league in the world & above some football leagues :p

So, the traditional and domestic Aussie games would get postponed for two months of IPL that not much Aussies care about?

Sure, money makes many things, but I don't see that situation happening.

----------

Doubt whether England would host it too, April/May are the final days of the Premier League and they wouldn't want anything to mess with that.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
No chance for ipl in aus because of huge time difference and most of the people in india will not prefer to watch the matches between 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm or even in Mornings.My predictions are England and South africa(if Logert issue is solved).
I am saying ipl will not happen in aus bevab.

blueblood

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Except Pune all other teams get full crowd support at home matches.
Incorrect, in Delhi here, people just go for the sake of entertainment, and never for supporting their home team. They cry for every four or a six, without bothering who hits it. The teams which actually get their crowds backing are Mumbai and Chennai, and Bangalore to some extent.

The crowd is totally artificial in IPL matches. I, myself couldn't care less when my friends dragged me to an IPL match, and trust me, don't you ever think that other people actually bothered.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So, the traditional and domestic Aussie games would get postponed for two months of IPL that not much Aussies care about?

Sure, money makes many things, but I don't see that situation happening.

----------

Doubt whether England would host it too, April/May are the final days of the Premier League and they wouldn't want anything to mess with that.

C'mon Bevab! England & Wales together have a plenty of stadiums. Not just one or two. It will be challenging to score in the Overcast english conditions too. That will determine the true winner. I dont want to see stupid 200+ scores everytime. Its always fun to see the seam bowling fool and tease the batsman.

In short England is the best place to play cricket, any format for that matter.

Bevab

Staff Member
C'mon Bevab! England & Wales together have a plenty of stadiums. Not just one or two. It will be challenging to score in the Overcast english conditions too. That will determine the true winner. I dont want to see stupid 200+ scores everytime. Its always fun to see the seam bowling fool and tease the batsman.

In short England is the best place to play cricket, any format for that matter.

I agree, England is a great place to play cricket.

The Premier League grounds are quite different from the cricket ones too, it ain't a issue with stadiums, it's more to do with it being the Premier League's final weeks.

Both leagues have different expectations though, realised that now. Still, the Premier League would be first preference, and that wouldn't go down well with both parties, the Indians would want some publicity, and the English would rather have the focus on their League.

Unless there's a good deal of money there for England, can't see this happening.

@Arun: Misunderstood your reply to whiteninness.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

The time difference is the second biggest practical issue, with the biggest being the lack of grounds and interest due to Aussie Rules and both rugby codes playing at the time.

It's the best 20/20 league in the world, I'll give you that. Not the best cricket league in the world. I can't talk about other football leagues but it can't hold a candle to AFL and over 100 years of history and teams with actual supporters and heritage, not just manufactured by millionaires.

Anyway, that's not a relevant discussion here :D

Would they go to Sri Lanka? Maybe a shared one with Bangladesh and even a couple of games in Nepal?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The time difference is the second biggest practical issue, with the biggest being the lack of grounds and interest due to Aussie Rules and both rugby codes playing at the time.

It's the best 20/20 league in the world, I'll give you that. Not the best cricket league in the world. I can't talk about other football leagues but it can't hold a candle to AFL and over 100 years of history and teams with actual supporters and heritage, not just manufactured by millionaires.

Anyway, that's not a relevant discussion here :D

Would they go to Sri Lanka? Maybe a shared one with Bangladesh and even a couple of games in Nepal?

Not interested to see IPL in flat tracks. Atleast if it is in India its acceptable because its the Indian league, but going out and playing in another flat track is lame. IPL can very well be cancelled or postponed in that case. It cannot be preponed because of the T20 World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread