Williams: 'Preseason Tournament? Pah!'

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Earlier today we met with Rhys Williams, the captain, all star legspinner from The Lunar Sharks. He had the following to say about the Preseason Tournament:

'Whilst I understand the need for such a tournament, and am obviously delighted by my personal successes [Williams is currently the top wicket taker with 9 wickets from his four games], I don't see the need for the other teams to constantly badger on about reaching a final. Let's face it, this tournament is completely meaningless. Not only will the sim undergo further changes post-tournament, but also the real season predominantly consists of 50-over one day and first class cricket - completely different from this T20 nonsense that we've been busying ourselves with over the past week'

'I'm delighted that the testing has gone well and all, but people need to chill out and realise that this is the equivalent of playing in the bleedin' Community Shield. And who won that...Manchester United. Well they didn't go on to win the big stuff did they? No. It's all completely irrelevant in terms of what's still to come this season.'

'However, I would like to lend my support to the Willow Wanderers in Saturday's final. They've been the best team so far in this "tournament".'

It is understood that Williams made these comments during the Sharks innings against the Smashers, where they were 70/4 off of 16 overs. That makes these comments perfectly understandable.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
What is this 'sim' you talk about?:spy Pfft, 9 wickets? Real men go at less than 6 rpo.:p

D

Dutch

you lot have certainly got lame-asses now after the damage we did...nobody knows how to use a stump like a stump-smasher...:p

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, but less substantial than the Smashers need. Our NRR is +0.08, the Llamas' is +0.33, and the Smashers' is -0.09.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Our NRR's are pretty tight.

If we bat first, we must win by at least 10 runs.
If we bowl first, we need to chase it down by about 18.3 overs.

It definitely helps that we're playing each other.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
It's good to know that you don't even have to win to make the final.;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thing is Boycott Sohum, you won't win. That will be guaranteed if you are in the starting line-up ;)

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Williams has today retracted his earlier comments in light of the Sharks reaching the final.

'I apologise for my outburst yesterday, I'm certain we can go on and gain the early momentum by winning such an important event on Sunday.'

Users who are viewing this thread