Women's Internationals

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yes, they'd go for Mandhana first, with Jemi deputizing for her. Can't see anyone else really. While there have been the odd ones captaining in domestic IPL, they really aren't mainstays in the national setup.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jemi Rodrigues looks like she'd make a good captain. Playing under Meg Lanning at Delhi could be good for her to learn too.

But I expect Mandhana is very much next line.

Jemi’s got a great pulse on how to be charismatic too and has great PR. Would love to see her be the captain in the long run.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Jemi’s got a great pulse on how to be charismatic too and has great PR. Would love to see her be the captain in the long run.
And what about the on the field stuff, who do you think goes best?

Bevab

Staff Member
And what about the on the field stuff, who do you think goes best?

I don’t remember Jemi being captain in any game I’ve watched but that’s more down to me not following the women’s team as much.

Mandhana’s captaincy did not strike me as particularly noteworthy when she took up the reins at RCB. Harmanpreet may be the best bet for a captain at the moment.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
West Indies didn't pull off the only big upset today. South Africa got their first ever T20i win over Australia. It was a really fine performance. There was lots of talk of Australia going out to try and score 200+ before the game but South Africa bowled very well and then chased it down fairly comfortably.

Bevab

Staff Member
West Indies didn't pull off the only big upset today. South Africa got their first ever T20i win over Australia. It was a really fine performance. There was lots of talk of Australia going out to try and score 200+ before the game but South Africa bowled very well and then chased it down fairly comfortably.

Can’t believe that a side that’s as good as SA never had a win against Australia in this format before.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Can’t believe that a side that’s as good as SA never had a win against Australia in this format before.
Was surprised when they said on the comms. Even better given this is a side with no du Preez, van Niekerk, Lee and Ismail.

Australia are still very good but they certainly don't seem as dominant since the retirements of Haynes and especially Lanning. The World Cup this year could be a bit more open.

Bevab

Staff Member
Was surprised when they said on the comms. Even better given this is a side with no du Preez, van Niekerk, Lee and Ismail.

Australia are still very good but they certainly don't seem as dominant since the retirements of Haynes and especially Lanning. The World Cup this year could be a bit more open.

Healy as captain doesn’t seem to have the same level of leadership skill (and to be fair to her, few can match what Meg offered).

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
With Australia 445 runs ahead, Sutherland got her 200 they haven't declared at tea. Wonder if they're giving her a chance to break a record or just want to grind South Africa down even more.

Users who are viewing this thread