Women's Internationals

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The aftermath seems emotionally charged. I saw the highlights and the simple reason is that India are themselves to blame.

If Kaur was sick, as per a variety of reports, shouldn't she have rested? It makes sense to play your best XI in a semi final. Kaur isn't in the category of a Tendulkar that she must play every game. Devika Vaidya would have been the perfect ploy in her absence.

Kaur was also not up to the mark during the entire SA sojourn. The BCCI must look into this and institute some proper rules. If Smriti can be rested in a group game, then Kaur can be rested from a semi.

Furthermore, Kaur is known for flash in a pan performances. There's no consisting her approach. I'd rather India moves on from her and looks to Mandhana as the new leader.

Kaur is the team captain and someone who’s always turned up on the big occasions previously. ‘Resting’ her in an important knockout game is madness. She may not be a Tendulkar in skill but in terms of importance to the side she clearly is close to that. You’re underestimating the impact that she’d have on the side overall too. I don’t mind the inconsistency from Kaur as long as she turns up when it matters, hell that’s what both the men’s and women’s sides need at the moment… cricketers who turn up at the pressure moments.

As again it’s fair if you blame India for the loss but to me they’re clearly competing against a vastly better outfit on and off the field playing against these sides. It’s clear when you notice the difference in fielding which has often been the marker for how professional or high standard a side is throughout cricket’s history. It‘s not like the men’s side who fail to turn up despite having the advantage in most areas. I’ll be sad if the women’s side does lose but won’t be too upset when it’s outclassed in numerous sectors before even a ball is bowled.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kaur is the team captain and someone who’s always turned up on the big occasions previously. ‘Resting’ her in an important knockout game is madness. She may not be a Tendulkar in skill but in terms of importance to the side she clearly is close to that. You’re underestimating the impact that she’d have on the side overall too. I don’t mind the inconsistency from Kaur as long as she turns up when it matters, hell that’s what both the men’s and women’s sides need at the moment… cricketers who turn up at the pressure moments.

As again it’s fair if you blame India for the loss but to me they’re clearly competing against a vastly better outfit on and off the field playing against these sides. It’s clear when you notice the difference in fielding which has often been the marker for how professional or high standard a side is throughout cricket’s history. It‘s not like the men’s side who fail to turn up despite having the advantage in most areas. I’ll be sad if the women’s side does lose but won’t be too upset when it’s outclassed in numerous sectors before even a ball is bowled.
If Kaur wasn't in the side, three down after four overs, India don't lose by six runs. They'd be lucky to have lost by 60. Her and Jemimah changed the game.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It is South Africa's to lose. The powerplay seems to be pulling them down, much like what happened during the Ind v Srl 2011 Final.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Lads & Lasses! It's South Africa.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
102 in 9 overs is a tough ask. Despite Laura's presence, the ask is probably too high for SA. No van Niekaerk, no Du Preez(retired ofc). Firmly believe Australia is on their way to yet another victory.

Users who are viewing this thread