World of Cricket | SIGN-UPS ALWAYS OPEN!

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
As everyone can see, we now have a dedicated sub-forum for the league, and I would like to thank @RUDI for allowing me to have this. It is a genuine lifesaver, and I am really grateful. _/\_

Now, with our very own sub-forum, we don't have to worry about dumping all of our domestic matches in one, giant spam-filled thread. Everyone has a separate national team thread, which they can also use to run their domestic seasons in.

The sub-forum is still a little under-construction. A few more things need to be added, and they will be as soon as possible. We'll be starting with our first tournament very soon too, I just need to get two new signups to setup and then we can begin. Once the Nations League finishes, everyone can begin their domestic seasons alongside the ongoing FTP season.

Few things regarding the tournament itself: only three
PGL51gy.png
upgrades are up for grabs for the winners, two
PGL51gy.png
upgrades for the runners-up and one
PGL51gy.png
upgrade each for the semi-finalists. You have a very short route to the final, it consists of only four games, and you don't even have to win all of them to get there. Exactly the same as The Knockout Trophy.

And lastly, the overall rankings at the end of the tournament will determine the Top-9 teams that'll make up the WTC season beginning with the FTP season.

@ahmedleo414 @VC the slogger @Neptune @Pinch hitter @Disharies @TSPrathik @Till Valhalla @Parth D @CerealKiller @Aislabie @RUDI @WutUpMahGlipGlops

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I've completed the work on this thread as we near the end of the 1999 WCC Nations League, which means we can open this back up and start taking in signups again.

Pretty good timing considering the FTP is just about to begin. Remember, sign-ups are always open!

SIGN-UP NOW!

Take control of literally any country in the world! Rewrite the very history of this sport!

"The World Is YOURS To Take"

To sign-up, simply state the name of the country you wish to take charge of. I will then contact you via private message with further details about your sign-up.

You can sign-up for any team except the ones that have been chosen by other members already:

BHzuIii.png
Canada @ahmedleo414
8dEbYx5.png
Denmark @liveinasociety
1HUNlPZ.png
Egypt @VC the slogger
r9BU7X2.png
England @Na Maloom Afraad
ov2tScd.png
Guernsey @Neptune
06218oL.png
India @Pinch hitter
nwiHf42.png
Ireland @Aislabie
TLIc1Vc.png
Israel @Umair7
c8olj39.png
Nepal @Disharies
NiYES6k.png
New Zealand @TSPrathik
jB27HsV.png
Niue @Till Valhalla
DILVQex.png
North Korea @Parth D
DhQiDDJ.png
Pakistan @CerealKiller
znexrcm.png
South Africa @RUDI
UCWzYkt.png
United States of America @WutUpMahGlipGlops

And remember, sign-ups are ALWAYS open!​

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:bat: TYPE:bro::slvo::goldo::purpo::blueo::redo:
Rabbit012345
Plucky tailender468101214
Firefighter182325283336
Accumulator333640424551
Hitter303743515466
Run machine404251546372
:bwl: TYPE:bro::slvo::goldo::purpo::blueo::redo:
Does not bowl999999999999
Part-timer/occasional524845424038
Stock bowler403837363534
First change363433323130
Strike bowler343231302928
Spearhead/Magician323028262422
Hitter has lower rating than Accumulator for bronze-type. Is this an error because the trend afterwards is completely different.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
UPDATE
29 October, 2022

Announcements

An announcement regarding announcements - all announcements from now on will be made in a separate thread before being merged into one of the main ones (whichever one's more appropriate), one whole week after they are put up.
WoC-ipedia

Running the Nations League and setting-up tours for the FTP season made me realize just how tedious of a task it was to gather info from all different threads and sources, so I've made a thread which includes all information necessary for me to run the league.

I've put up a player list with Player Tiers and complete Player Builds to keep track of ratings and penalties (particularly for players that play out of position). I've linked all stadium images and necessary info in the thread as well.

In the coming days, I'll also be adding a list of 'recognized domestic tournaments'. So for domestic cricket, instead of overseeing tournaments/leagues from all different nations I'll just be recognizing your league(s). Once a season is complete, I'll have a quick look through and handout upgrades. :)
Rankings

I've updated the WCC Test Rankings up until the Nations League. Team rankings for both formats will be updated series-by-series, but updating player rankings is a lot more daunting. I'll try to update them as regularly as possible, but I make no promises.
Statistics - NEW!

You can ask me for simulator statistics for either format whenever you wish. They will be career stats for all players that have ever represented your country.
Tournament Hosting - NEW!

Nations can now earn a direct entry into a tournament; completely side-stepping their international rankings by winning the hosting rights of WCC-events. Winning the hosting rights for any international WCC-event may also award the freedom of editing your team's fixtures, where they play their matches and who they are grouped with!

Bidding

At the start of each FTP cycle, multiple polls will be put-up to determine the host nation for each Global Event part of the that particular Future Tours Programme cycle.
Any nation can make a bid to host an event given they fulfill the eligibility criteria; which varies from tournament to tournament.

All member nations that make a hosting bid are required to cast a vote otherwise their own bid will be invalidated.
A member nation is immediately disqualified upon voting for themselves; they are also disqualified if they fail to cast their vote before the cut-off.

Any one nation may not host more than one Global Event in a 4-year FTP cycle.
Co-hosting between multiple nations is allowed; but the bid must be approved by me first.

Since we missed the start of the 4-year FTP cycle and already had a tournament in 1999, we'll do this at the start of the 2000 FTP season.
Player Retirements - NEW!

Players can now be retired from the league permanently on manager discretion; they will no longer be made available for use in international cricket.
They can still play domestic cricket should the manager choose to keep them around; but they will not be eligible for any kind of Upgrades.

Upon a player's retirement; the manager will be given a player sheet to create a replacement if they don't have a Domestic System to support their squad.
If they do have a domestic system in place; they can name a replacement straightaway.

New Players

During the creation of any new player (whether they are retired-player replacements or debutants from domestic cricket); the Player Creation form will be used.
If you have Upgrades available; you can use them as bonus attribute points to mimic the additional points that are awarded upon signup.
Upgrades - NEW!

Upgrades can now be used as attribute points during player creation to make players more versatile; and not just as Ratings buffs. Applies to existing players AND new players.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread