World Cup Qualifiers

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice innings, would be great if these "minow" countries became a bit more competitive and performed like this against stronger cricketing nations.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I actually thought there was already a thread about this, since I've been following it on cricinfo since the start of the tournament.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
we had a sucky draw playing ireland first, after that it's just got to be a repair job. hammered namibia but pushed too close by Oman. McCallum is looking in fine form though and Coetzer is now getting in on the act, as one of our better batsmen he needs to fire.

need to change the openers though, hamilton and watson aren't normally openers and we can't afford to just throw away wickets at the start, especially not theirs as two of our better players. only once has one of our openers got to double figures, and he got 12.

should open with Smith the wicky and someone else, mccallum must be the top scorer in the tournament so far with two tons, and with 68 and 127 coetzer can't be far behind. if the other guys can contribute brisk some 30s and the odd 40 or 50 then when it all comes to a head we certainly have the batting to live with anyone. (bowling looking suspect though.)

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice innings, would be great if these "minow" countries became a bit more competitive and performed like this against stronger cricketing nations.

Nixon's good old saying,

They're associates, not minnows!!

:rolleyes:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I badly wish to see Netherlands Win the world cup.

....Or....Qualify for the Super 8....

Well, at least Qualify for the World Cup. :p But I'm sure they'll do.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
10 bowlers in a one-day match. Best in ODIs is 9, but I suspect it might not be a first in List A.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I suspect Scotland will lose their last match in the group. Currently they are at 77-7 chasing 252-7 against Canada.

And the way things are going currently, Uganda should seal the last spot in Group A for the Super Eight. In Group B it should be Afghanistan, although the current matches of the Netherlands-Bermuda and Afghanistan-UAE could go either way.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
dang just checked all the scores! most of them were pretty good, and NOT one sided. there are 4-6 100s and 80% 230 up scores

nice going

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Today's results are pretty surprising and make the Super Eights still interesting to follow.

The biggest surprise is Afghanistan beating the yet undefeated Ireland.

Canada beating Kenya is a bit of surprise as well, allthough both teams are of the same level.

Currently it's 180/9 after 41 overs for UAE and they're going to lose this match against Namibia, because they scored 280/7. This is a big surprise as well.

Netherlands are at 186/9 against Scotland and they need 31 runs from 18 balls and it's most likely they will lose this match. So this is a surprise also, because I rank the Netherlands higher then Scotland.

Basically all of the four matches ended in a surprising result. The top four (Ireland had 6 points and Kenya, Netherlands, UAE all 4 points) lost against the lower order, although Canada had 4 points as well.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
we're(scotland) really back in with a shout after beating the netherlands.

Batting has been soooo inconsistent. 2 players pile on the runs while the rest get out after 5 minutes. apart from hamiltons 52, the top score in the top 6 was McCallum with 12, two ducks in there to boot (though given he's scored 3 centuries so far and is the top scorer in the tournament we'll forgive him)

I think we should be sticking Poonia or Sheikh into open, or even doing an old New Zealand trick and open with a bowler that can bat a bit. we do not have an opener and we can't afford to keep sacrificing players agains the new ball. Coetzer, Watson, Hamilton, McCallum (in the form he's in) is a blooming good middle order by associate standards. Need to stop wasting it.

why not try poonia, sheikh or iqbal at the start, they're young and athletic so would help on the field and protect our more established batsmen. Furthermore these guys should be given more oppertunities as they are actually scottish and not aussies or saffers with links here. Whilst I'm not against the idea of foreign born players at all, as an associate nation we need to promote the game here and an important part of that is getting the public to see that scotland is producing it's own players so we get behind them.

no one here gave a sod about the rugby league world cup, not because we don't like like rugby league (though we're not big on it) but because a cursory glance at the team showed it was just second rate aussies.

AAAANYWAY, as I said, back in with a shout. Kenya is a massive game for us, we should beat the UAE and then only to avoid slipping up against dangerous afghanistan. easier said than done but getting a win against kenya is the main step.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
The guys in red skirts, Go Scotland :happy.

Users who are viewing this thread