RIP World Cup Super League 2020-23 (World Cup Qualifier Jun 16 - Jul 9)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Curtis Campher completes his fifty. Great batting from him.
@Markkkkk what say?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Great bowling by Curran! :spy:clap

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Curtis Campher completes his fifty. Great batting from him.
@Markkkkk what say?

I think I'll take full credit due to the 20 balls I'd bowl to him a week... I'm really happy for him, I was never particularly close to him or anything, but it's great to see him do well. Batted with a lot of maturity and in all honesty, he looked a lot better than the rest of the Irish players.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is some curious selection from us to be honest - my usual bugbear of zero role awareness from the coaching staff. Of course we lack the players to deliver every single role, but even so this is shoddy and embarrassing for more than just the scoreline.

Harry Tector is a prospect, and although his numbers don't necessarily scream it he's entirely worth persisting with.

Curtis Campher looks like an excellent find - he's picking Rashid and staying composed.

Other than that, I'm still searching for positives at present. Possibly also Gareth Delany's decent showing as a top-order hitter, although there was a lack of longevity to his innings on this occasion.

Wonder who you would have in this team as from my limited knowledge I don't see a lot of bench strength beyond this with regards to batsmen. Tector for Porterfield was the only move I could imagine and maybe Poynter in for some more aggression towards the end. James McCollum is another I remember opening in the tests. Apart from them, the only other option would be to bring in Larkin although he might not want to jeopardize a relatively stable domestic career in Australia.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
maybe Poynter in for some more aggression towards the end. James McCollum is another I remember opening in the tests.
Oh please no Poynter. He's horrible. And for James McCollum, he is stable but bats really slow.[DOUBLEPOST=1596130221][/DOUBLEPOST]And of course, A James Vince inning is never complete without him getting out after looking so good while batting...

Bevab

Staff Member
At this point I'm inclined to believe that this batting lineup is choosing to play this way for the memes. History repeats itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1596130663][/DOUBLEPOST]
Safe to say with no Root, Stokes and Buttler this batting line up looks a bit ropey.

Hain could have done a lot of good to this top four.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
At this point I'm inclined to believe that this batting lineup is choosing to play this way for the memes. History repeats itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1596130663][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hain could have done a lot of good to this top four.
Banton in the middle order seems odd to me. He opens in limited overs, doesn't have a dazzling or stand out List A record and they have him coming in at 5. The top six is pretty set in stone so it seems odd to be bringing in players to fill in for them in positions they aren't used to. I don't know if they want him to be a Buttler when it would seem he's more of a Bairstow. Seems like a bit of a Zak Crawley punt.

Hain is back at Warwickshire, maybe they see him as a better test prospect or they just don't fancy him as an international limited overs player.

Bevab

Staff Member
Banton in the middle order seems odd to me. He opens in limited overs, doesn't have a dazzling or stand out List A record and they have him coming in at 5. The top six is pretty set in stone so it seems odd to be bringing in players to fill in for them in positions they aren't used to. I don't know if they want him to be a Buttler when it would seem he's more of a Bairstow. Seems like a bit of a Zak Crawley punt.

Hain is back at Warwickshire, maybe they see him as a better test prospect or they just don't fancy him as an international limited overs player.

Isn't that move typical of Ed Smith at this point though?

Odd to not have Hain involved and have him return to Warwickshire after two monster seasons in List A cricket. This was the ideal series to give him a chance in.

Users who are viewing this thread