ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ireland :- Our middle order batting collapse lost us the match. Also, Josh Little only bowling a single over was also surprising, considering he is one of the best death bowlers in Ireland.

Gareth Delany comes in for Curtis Campher. (will not bowl)
Kevin O'Brien will also not bowl.

Namibia :- Was always gonna be difficult to beat Sri Lanka. Surprisingly here too, the best spinner from Namibia, Bernard Scholtz didn't bowl a single over :facepalm @ddrap14 please make sure my best bowlers at least bowl an over.

Go same with Namibia

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
World T20, Group A Game 1
Overall Game 1
Scotland vs Ireland

@PresidentEvil @Yash.
Venue: Pune

Toss: Scotland won and chose to bowl

View attachment 246013
View attachment 246014
A slow pitch explained Stuart Whittingham having a terrible day and the likes of Hamza Tahir and Richard Berrington having an improbably good one. Ireland were strangled down to 137.

View attachment 246015
View attachment 246016
Despite some good bowling from Ireland, George Munsey played a key innings in a Scotland win for the second time in the tournament. Matt Cross got them over the line after his dismissal.

IRE 5/136 (20)
SCO 3/137 (19)
Scotland win by 7 wickets
MOTM: George Munsey

Scotland now move to the top of Group A.
Munsey & Cross performed quite well over my expectations. Good to be moving up the table. Hope to continue the same momentum.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
A bit of an extension for you guys! Due to IRL stuff I can't do any of these games until Wednesday. I'll do all of R2 then and then the window for R3 lineups will open

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
:facepalm @ddrap14 please make sure my best bowlers at least bowl an over.
It's completely random what the game does and it sometimes hurts different bowlers. Chris Green, Nathan Ellis and AJ Tye have only bowled an average of 2 overs a game in my BBL sim, I have no clue why. It's possible the Death Bowler tag is causing issues when innings don't go the distance- I suspect this is why Ellis and Tye are down- but neither Little or Scholtz have that. Also on Little, Rankin is rated higher in game

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
It's completely random what the game does and it sometimes hurts different bowlers. Chris Green, Nathan Ellis and AJ Tye have only bowled an average of 2 overs a game in my BBL sim, I have no clue why. It's possible the Death Bowler tag is causing issues when innings don't go the distance- I suspect this is why Ellis and Tye are down- but neither Little or Scholtz have that. Also on Little, Rankin is rated higher in game
For bowlers, who the managers don't wish to bowl in the match, change their bowling skills to 0 for that particular match

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
World T20, Group A Game 3
Overall Game 5
Oman vs Scotland

@Na Maloom Afraad @PresidentEvil
Venue: Pune

Toss: Scotland won and chose to bowl

1618383746018.png
1618383773434.png
Usually sending Oman in to bat is a great way to win a match. This time the top four showed more durability than usual, but when they were out, Hamza Tahir ripped through the lower order.

1618383828095.png
1618383852179.png
Scotland decided to play cautiously and indeed they nearly overcalculated. If Ollie Hairs hadn't played a good solid innings, they may have lost. As it is, they may already be through.

OMA 9/114 (20)
SCO 6/117 (19.1)
Scotland win by 4 wickets
Man of the Match: Hamza Tahir
Post automatically merged:

For bowlers, who the managers don't wish to bowl in the match, change their bowling skills to 0 for that particular match
I've been doing that, I just forgot to do it for O'Brien. I'm more referring to why Little wasn't bowled until the 17th over

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
World T20, Group A Match 4
Overall Match 6
PNG vs Ireland

@Yash. @Parth D note: Ura has 67 batting rating, just the game is absolutely saboteurical to any 5s or 6s unless they come in super late
Venue: Punjab

Toss: PNG won and chose to bat
Note for @Yash.: I watched the PNG innings through to investigate why Josh Little wasn't bowled and I can tell you: Rankin and McCarthy were bowled through with the new ball, then the spinners with the old ball. As a result the game bowled Delany and Stirling for an over each... strange times
1618384527042.png
1618384548473.png
PNG had significant scoring issues. If not for the contributions of Sese Bau and Norman Vanua they would have ended under 100. Ireland's 4 main bowlers all chipped in but that pesky fifth caused havoc.

1618384612445.png
1618384628253.png
On a pitch offering assistance to quicks and a bit less to spinners, and even less to the batsmen, Paul Stirling's slow and steady approach paid dividend as Ireland cruised home.

PNG 6/116 (20)
IRE 3/117 (18.3)
Ireland win by 7 wickets
MOTM: Barry McCarthy

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Scotland are now through barring an extremely unlikely set of results which involves them losing to PNG, Ireland beating Oman and a big NRR swing. Ireland will hope Scotland wins, then all they have to do is beat Oman which doesn't seem to be hard. PNG don't need to win, they just need Ireland to have a close loss against Oman. If Ireland do win though they do need to win and convincingly. As for Oman, they need the exact same as Scotland's best case scenario (wins for Scotland and Oman and a big NRR swing away from Ireland and PNG)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Come on Scotland! Win this time!

By the way @ddrap14 the best bowlers part was referred to Scholtz.

Good work from Ireland there. Hope we can qualify!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see one or the other players stepping up. We have a hero every match and this time there were two of them - Hamza & Hairs.

Hope to win the next game comfortably without any hustle.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Can't believe we took them to the limit. A few good death overs could've changed the game and given us an incredible win, but oh well, there's not much to say about the actual result... :noway

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
World T20, Group B Match 3
Overall Match 7
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka

@Life Warrior @Till Valhalla
Venue: Nagpur

Toss: SL win and choose to bat

1618465236225.png
1618465255669.png
Thanks to a flying start from Avishka Fernando, Sri Lanka were 0/56 from four overs. That cooled through the middle overs as Mahmudullah and Mehidy used a spinning pitch to their advantage, but late hitting from Mathews (who took 14 from his last 8 balls) and the tail got SL up to 154.

1618465412584.png
1618465446336.png
Sri Lanka's key bowlers- Malinga and Hasaranga excepted- bowled waywardly allowing Tamim, Najmul and Mushfiqur Rahim to coast home.

SL 8/154 (20)
BAN 4/155 (18.4)
Bangladesh win by 6 wickets
MOTM: Mehidy Hasan Miraz

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
World T20, Group B Match 4
Overall Match 8
Namibia vs Netherlands

@Yash. @Umair7
Venue: Hyderabad

Toss: Namibia won and chose to bat

1618465923514.png
1618465946884.png
Stephen Baard again got Namibia off to a great start but thanks to a late rush, Craig Williams, who had been anchoring for him, ended up outscoring him. Meanwhile, poor Umair brought van der Gugten back just for that...

1618466067684.png
1618466123366.png
He'd be happier with his batsmen's performance though. Alexei Kervezee was the standout, his 57 harking back to his glory days in the early 2010s.

NAM 5/163 (20)
NED 3/165 (18.5)
Holland win by 7 wickets
MOTM: Alexei Kervezee

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I blame the sim for both of the losses of Namibia. Bernard Scholtz didn't bowl his required overs. That man got a fifer in the warmups ffs

Users who are viewing this thread