World T20 Qualifiers March 2011/12

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
54 century with 8 sixes for van der Westhuizen. :facepalm
They're a good team; they played in the WC back in 2003 and have already beaten Ireland.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats a good match between Papua New Guinea and Namibia.
Canada 167/5 (20/20 ov)

Papua New Guinea 161/3 (20.0/20 ov)

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well Italy have kicked America's ass again and have 2 in 2 wins. Afghanistan is really looking strong after their run chase against Netherlands giving them 2 in 2. Uganda also 2 in 2 and Ireland have thrashed the Kenyan's over all a decent day for few countries. PNG who are riding high Geriant Jones ex English Wicket keeper did actually manage to beat Canada but 3 runs :facepalm

Also Namibia and Nepal has surprised me so far 2 in 2 for them. Way to go but early victories help

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
ireland v italy might be interesting given italy's form.

afghanistan and namibia are in the strong positions though.

we're in a world of trouble, that wasn't only an unexpected defeat, it has really damaged our RR while ireland have completely salvaged theirs.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm really happy with what Namibia have done so far.First they beat Ireland - 'The Giant Killers' and Scotland as well,two teams that are ranked way above them.Louis van der Westhuizen has been awesome and brutal in the tournament making runs,smashing the bowlers to all parts and even taking wickets and keeping the runs down for the opposition.I hope Gerrie Snyman returns to good form then they'll be even a more brutal team:spy

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well Italy is really looking good with this performance. Only by a bit did the Irish boys win.

Italy - 100/7 & Ireland 104/8 in 19.2 overs :clap

Its good to see minnow teams dominating the upper minnow teams :thumbs

Afghanistan is looking really strong and will surely qualify as they thrash Denmark. Canada got an easy win there against Hong Kong, Namibia really looking strong with their 3rd straight win against USA who for a change did fight well, Netherlands are struggling against Bermuda so far 117/7 in 18 overs.

Kenya should beat Oman as they have scored 160 odd runs but this is T20 you never know. PNG should open their account against Nepal but on other side Nepal has not lost a match this tournament so far and Scotland vs Uganda is a match of the day I feel.

Uganda is in top form and Scotland have been scoring but not winning. I hope Uganda make it 3 in 3

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We're cruising against Uganda. Should help the R/R too.

The Quipu TV coverage is ok but they did just miss a wicket with an ad break!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I didn't even know half these countries existed, let alone had a cricket team. I mean, like, Scotland? Where the hell is that?

Highlander999

ICC President
At times, it feels like the middle of the Amazon....

So nice to be able to watch assosciate cricket for once, cheers Colin :thumbs

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I didn't even know half these countries existed, let alone had a cricket team. I mean, like, Scotland? Where the hell is that?

Supplied most the prison warders and colonial administrators. Just assume anyone in a position of wealth and power in Australia is Scottish.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Haha, I was going to add that I'm actually of Scottish ancestry, so there's little doubt I have convict blood in my veins :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Queensland?

Also ridiculously there are probably more Scottish than South African and West Indian fans on this board. I can think of 5 Scottish (or Scottish-based to keep Tom happy) members.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
when I first got into cricket I was a bit "lol no one else likes it in scotland but me." but it's surprising how it creeps up.

I occassionally meet one of the associate umpires at the gym, and even more strangely someone in my work is married to the son of ex-indian test cricketer Budhi Kunderan.

Users who are viewing this thread