World Test Championship Finals - India vs Australia @ Oval

Who will lift the trophy?

• Total voters

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If they're playing both Ash and Jadeja at 7 and 8 I'd say they don't need to pick the third quick based on batting prowess, so what about Unadkat for the left arm angle?

You shouldn’t ever be picking your third quick based on batting prowess anyway in the first place.

The only reason I didn’t mention Unadkat was because of his own injury issues and lack of experience. If he’s picked ahead of Umesh I’d just assume he was killing it in the nets and be fine with it.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I don’t have the stats but is Rahane that reliable? KLR used to be the best slip catcher we had the last time I saw those numbers.
True but He is out of action so we need the next best guy.. even our "stupid" real KING is fumbling few here and there these days.. jynx was better when he last played against NZ at home

Bevab

Staff Member
True but He is out of action so we need the next best guy.. even our "stupid" real KING is fumbling few here and there these days.. jynx was better when he last played against NZ at home

Kohli’s always been an overrated catcher because of his athleticism and reflexive catching. He could give you two of the most spectacular diving catches you would ever see but spill three simple ones in between them.

TharkiMan232

Club Captain
India
KKR
Profile Flag
India
David
Usman
Marnus
Smith
Carey WK
Mitch Marsh/Green
Scotty Boland
Cummins C
Josh Hazlewood
Gary(Nathan Lyon)

Bevab

Staff Member
Fact:All of them can bat well!!!

You’re wildly overestimating Bharat’s batting experience and Ashwin’s skill in England I would say.

TharkiMan232

Club Captain
India
KKR
Profile Flag
India
You’re wildly overestimating Bharat’s batting experience and Ashwin’s skill in England I would say.
nah like why would I select Kishan not even played a single test,No in GREAT form,yeah in place of ash we can have thakur

Bevab

Staff Member
nah like why would I select Kishan not even played a single test,No in GREAT form,yeah in place of ash we can have thakur

He wouldn’t be my first choice but if he can demonstrate an ability to keep to swing bowling and bat a bit I’d have him ahead of Bharat honestly. He’s got FC experience with India A and has kept for them too, he isn’t a pure T20 pick.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I somehow feel Cummins the captain is what giving an edge to IND, besides the fact that the ground is Oval.
Smith the captain would've been a strong contender to win AUS the title

Bevab

Staff Member
I somehow feel Cummins the captain is what giving an edge to IND, besides the fact that the ground is Oval.
Smith the captain would've been a strong contender to win AUS the title

Uh… I don’t think you quite remember how horrible Smith as a captain used to be. Him being decent in the last BGT may have just been because he was a deputy stepping in with a decent coaching setup behind him and a good platform set up by Cummins.

I’d say Cummins as the captain with Smith providing his input on the field is a potent combo.

Bevab

Staff Member
Mark my words, Rahane will captain!

Come on, KLR better at catching?

I know you hate the man with every fibre of your existence but he was India’s best slip fielder last I checked. It should also make sense given that he has experience keeping and is good with his reaction speed.

Users who are viewing this thread